By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

tuscaniman99 said:
I just put down another $200 on my Xbox One today and preordered COD:Ghosts. I only owe $200 more on that bad boy. I'll also be picking up either Forza 5 or DR3 at launch and downloading Killer Instinct the second I hook the console up. I'll have to wait to pick up BF4 at Christmas time along with maybe 1 other game. I really want to play Ryse pretty badly but the QTE thing has me a little worried. I don't mind QTE's but I don't want one after every kill. I'll wait for reviews and if they aren't so hot then I'll pick it up next year for $20.

Me and BananaKing was just talking about this actually.  He really likes the QTE's.  I am indifferent about it.  I just want a good storyline.

Also Project Spark is completely free if you want to download that too XD

Around the Network

I have a feeling that even though I buy all these games I'll only be playing Killer Instinct :) I've been listening to the music cuts for the last 15 minutes. I'm so pumped for this game I can't even describe it.

A lot of people (at least on GAF) have really blown this whole PS4 RAM thing out of proportion. 4.5/5.5 is still plenty for games, and it's GDDR5, so it's plenty fast. Some Sony fans have acted like this is some sort of huge disappointment, that the (never confirmed) 7GB of gaming RAM didn't come about.

I think the reaction stems from two things:

1) Console war. They want to believe that the PS4 will wipe the floor with the X1 in terms of graphics, and now that the reality has them closer, they don't like it. It's not enough that the PS4 RAM is faster, or that it has some other better component; if everything isn't clearly WAY more advanced than it is on the X1, then it's not good enough.

2) A lot of core gamers out there can't get it through their heads that the gaming world doesn't revolve around them and them alone. They believe that almost every bit of tech inside their preferred console be dedicated 100% to gaming, and that any time or money spent on wooing anyone else is a waste. They will spit venom at any console-related aspect that they perceive will not boost traditional gameplay. Entertainment apps, voice/motion control of UI or games; all are viewed as a waste and as unimportant, because it's not exactly what they want. Very much a "Stop liking what I don't like" mentality.

At the end of the day, the PS4 is a fine console with plenty of RAM for games, and no one is really going to suffer because Sony decided to play it safe with RAM allocation for their OS. For Xbox gamers like myself, I don't think this really means much; the only difference I see is that the Xbox One should have an easier time holding up graphically in comparison to the PS4 down the line.

Killer Instinct Music Teaser. Jago Theme

sth88 said:
A lot of people (at least on GAF) have really blown this whole PS4 RAM thing out of proportion. 4.5/5.5 is still plenty for games, and it's GDDR5, so it's plenty fast. Some Sony fans have acted like this is some sort of huge disappointment, that the (never confirmed) 7GB of gaming RAM didn't come about.

I think the reaction stems from two things:

1) Console war. They want to believe that the PS4 will wipe the floor with the X1 in terms of graphics, and now that the reality has them closer, they don't like it. It's not enough that the PS4 RAM is faster, or that it has some other better component; if everything isn't clearly WAY more advanced than it is on the X1, then it's not good enough.

2) A lot of core gamers out there can't get it through their heads that the gaming world doesn't revolve around them and them alone. They believe that almost every bit of tech inside their preferred console be dedicated 100% to gaming, and that any time or money spent on wooing anyone else is a waste. They will spit venom at any console-related aspect that they perceive will not boost traditional gameplay. Entertainment apps, voice/motion control of UI or games; all are viewed as a waste and as unimportant, because it's not exactly what they want. Very much a "Stop liking what I don't like" mentality.

At the end of the day, the PS4 is a fine console with plenty of RAM for games, and no one is really going to suffer because Sony decided to play it safe with RAM allocation for their OS. For Xbox gamers like myself, I don't think this really means much; the only difference I see is that the Xbox One should have an easier time holding up graphically in comparison to the PS4 down the line.

3) Both :)

but to be honnest while the first ones are just idiots in my opinion because there won't bee any wiping in the first place, the spec differences are not as high as people want to make it seem.... but even there was, it would be like comparing a Fiat 500 and a New Beetle and faping at the one with the most horse power like it is a Buggati Veron...

but the seconds are plain annoying arrogant cry babies that should be smacked in the mouth with a super heated tire iron.... especially when they talk to you about customer choice yadyyadyyada.... that makes me want to kill a baby seal.... there is no such thing as customer choice the only choice they have it's buy or not buy.... but it is pissing me off to see people want companies to change their products to suite their sissy princess little needs... those are the Paris Hilton of the tech industry....

me I'm just all around excited like a donkey in heat when ever new tech is comming out, and the more innovative no matter how shitty it is the more excited I am about it.... because it is shapping the future... so I'M pretty much happy with what next gen is bringging to the table.... MS is taking the innovative out of the box approach while Sony the conservative power house one.... but what's funny is that Sony actually pushed MS to modify what was lacking on the non material side of the XB1... so it chose one thing, competition is a good thing for the customer and innovation is a great thing for civilization (yeah even entertainement tech)

Around the Network

Good Horde game last night guys

Now start signing up for Halo people! I see like 80 votes for a Halo event....where are the participants?

Hey people! You didn't record the Gears of War 3 event?!

pezus said:

Great job on the thread, guys! Looks like it has been and will be popular too

Is that an official congratulation post?

pezus said:

Great job on the thread, guys! Looks like it has been and will be popular too

THanks man :)  PS Nation helped a lot with ideas so a lot of the credit goes to the King of Iceland ;) lol

Wright said:

Hey people! You didn't record the Gears of War 3 event?!

Sorry, not this time lol  Im not entierely sure where my hauppauge is to record.