By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June 2013 NPD Thread! - 360:140k, 3DS:225k

ethomaz said:

DirtyP2002 said:

I was banned for 3 days, because I said the Vita is dead and I don't want to get banned again, but I don't see any positive news for it.
Sony basically skipped it at E3 and even the most vocal and hardcore Sony fans on VGC just ignore it as if it never released. It is selling 5k a week in the USA. And Sonys own forecast is like 4 million globally for the entire year. That is just horrible.

Do you think Sony might discontinue it afterall?

Wii U and Vita are close to death after all... anybody that said otherwise is blind.

Can happen some miracle to save them? Of couse... miracles can do everything lol... but the chances are below 10% to that happen... for Vita is even worst because it is at more time in the market.

The latest Sony hope is that Vita started to be used for Remote Play... so PS4 have a slight chance to save it but I don't believe.

The main difference is that The Wii U will have a pretty cool software lineup coming up.

Mario Kart
3D Mario
Zelda
Metroid
full pokemon

will move some hardware at least. Sure the Wii U will never be a Wii, but I would not call the Wii U close to death when these titles aren't releases yet.

Sony does not even have an IP that could move any hardware for a handheld.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

DirtyP2002 said:

The main difference is that The Wii U will have a pretty cool software lineup coming up.

Mario Kart
3D Mario
Zelda
Metroid
full pokemon

will move some hardware at least. Sure the Wii U will never be a Wii, but I would not call the Wii U close to death when these titles aren't releases yet.

Sony does not even have an IP that could move any hardware for a handheld.

We need to see how much hardware these IPs will sell for Wii U... I'm more close to say the Wii U will never do like Wii, PS3 or 360... more like GC is a real comparision for now.

Conegamer said:

PSV is just dead. I love my Vita, but I don't see how anything could turn it around now...

At least the Wii U has a (slim) chance of redemption.

I just don't get you, Coney.  First your predictions and now this statement.

If the numbers Carl posted are correct, then PSV is up 12k over May NPD, but there was an extra week in June.  Wii-U is up 7k with an extra week.  They both had nothing substantial releasing (3x ports for Vita; 1x new game for Wii-U).

Either way, I'm grasping at straws and they're both horrific numbers for a 5 week month, trounced into the ground by a 7th gen handheld & home console combo (except PSP; poor PSP).

If your "redemption" is referring to Wii-U's holiday lineup, then yeah, it's plausible.  But we've been drawing that conclusion long before the sales nightmare that this thread presented :P

OT: Good month for 3DS if we ignore the horrendous overtracking by VGC.  Really poor, imo, for PS360 though.  Price cut needed (but well, it was needed like 12+ months ago).  Wii-U & Vita I've covered in my post above and WiiDS, surprisingly good considering nothing of note has come out for them in quite some time.  Or is coming, I don't think?  (aside from Skylanders & Disney Infinity iirc)

ethomaz said:
My prediction...

[360] 160k
[PS3] 150k
[3DS] 210k
[PSV] 30k
[WIU] 40k

Time to see my performance...

360 = 20k off
PS3 = 40k off
3DS = 15k off
PSV = On spot
WIU = On spot

I'm doing better with the close to dead hardware lol

kowenicki said:

Your weak spot is always the ps3

40% over.

I'm just optimistics rssss.

Edit - Fixed.

Around the Network

kowenicki said:

why did you edit my post before quoting?

its your weak spot. not mine

I didn't edited lol I just removed the quote three... I don't know why it get changed... maybe I did some mistake.

You don't do more prediction so how can I say your are optimistics? Makes no sense.

kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:

kowenicki said:

our weak spot is always the ps3

40% over.

I'm just optimistics rssss.

why did you edit my post before quoting?

its your weak spot. not mine

We all know you have a weak spot for the PS3, and PlayStation in general. Its about time you admitted it. Come over to the winning side.

Creamsugar is getting famous... it is time to stop to leak numbers

http://www.examiner.com/article/june-npd-the-last-of-us-sales-numbers-revealed

ethomaz said:

We need to see how much hardware these IPs will sell for Wii U... I'm more close to say the Wii U will never do like Wii, PS3 or 360... more like GC is a real comparision for now.

The GameCube didn't have a 2D Mario game. The Wii U has two. That's two times the better.

Otakumegane said:

Apparently X Zone did more than 50k. Super niche, 0 marketing and on it's 1st 11 days. 

That's actually pretty good. I'm sure localization was dirt cheap. Game came out subbed with JP voices. I hope SMT does 100k with the CN promotion. I actually expect SMTIV to have some decent legs (for a SMT game) until August as that deal becomes more known.

Makes me wonder how Bravely Default will do. That artstyle is more Nintendo-ish if ya know what I mean.

Anyways, good for Monolith. I'll def buy their next 3DS title.

You know what's really impressive though? Project X Zone did better numbers in 11 days than Soul Sacrifice did for a whole month. (Retail numbers)

This is false, especially relative to a normal games. You had to pay for licenses to a bunch of companies and I'm still surprised that someone bothered to pay for it all (there's also a ton of content and a lot of text). I'm glad the gamble paid off though, because I want to see more crossover games.

Interested to see why most people bought it, because the amount of characters that it has in it could definitely lead a non-RPG fan to give it a shot.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.