By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360's main selling point?

360s main selling point is that it was the best console of this generation.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
I wish people would just answer the question without the obligatory sideswipe.

Yeah I know, that gets really irritating...

Xbox Live Gold.

had the best indie support out of any console for a long time, usually got the best multiplats & the online was almost perfect

+Halo/Gears

Isn't it Halo?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
lt_dan_27 said:
I'm saying I don't understand why people still buy it.

agreed.

To play Halo and Gears - thats it probably. 

An online service that is simply the best on consoles.

More games than any other console this gen.

An excellent array of exclusive retail games dating back to 2005 (games in its first year included the excellent PGR3, Crackdown, Dead Rising, Saints Row & Gears of War, thus there is a HUGE back catalogue of games there to catch up on).

Don't get me started on XBLA, its been nothing short of exceptional from day 1, overall it blows the competition out of the water.

It's simple.

It's not a Wii, and it's not a PS3.

You have to pick one of the three, if you're shopping for a game console.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

It'll be different for different people, I imagine. For me, it's the exclusive games. I've always been a bigger fan of Xbox exclusives than I have of Sony or Nintendo exclusives. I went out and bought an Xbox for Halo and Fable, even though I already owned a PS2 (I had gotten it as a Christmas gift a couple years before) and had a few games for it.

Oh, and the controller. Transitioning from the SEGA Dreamcast to the Xbox was very easy in terms of controller layout; I never really liked the Playstation symbols on their buttons, and their controllers didn't have proper triggers.

pbroy said:
This was at launch compared to PS3. Achievements and well designed controller with rumble. D-pad wad shit, but to me next gen needed rumble. I don't care about online play much.

Yes I agree. If theres one thing next gen systems need, it's rumble.