By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - When Will People Get Bored Of Halo?

When the story stops being so epic

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:

I am not sure if they really can recover from Ascension. They are running into a completely new problem with God of War, they are facing the same issues that the new DMC game was facing, and we know how that turned out for them.

Well if the new Zelda game is as bad as Skyword Sword the I don´t know. But the Franchise isn´t as big as it was a few years ago.

You seem to have this idea that GoW Ascension is bad, wich couldnt be farther from the truth. Its a game that is alot of fun to play, it has the most balanced combat system in the series and the multiplayer campaign. I just cant see what about it is dead.

Its sells extremely well so clearly people aren't bored yet. When sales become weak then we will see fewer Halo games released but for now, fans still want to play more Halo and MS is making lots of money from it.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

The difference between a game like Halo and a game like CoD is that Halo can live off its world and story alone. Personally I am bored of traditional Halo shooters and have been since Halo 3. But I would buy day one another Halo Wars, or an ODST 2, just because the story and Halo universe are that good.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

So I was a huge Halo fan at the start of this gen, but at this point I'm just exausted with the series.  Think about all the Halo games we've gotten, Halo 1, 2, 3, Wars (I'd like Wars 2 :)), ODST, REACH, Combat Evolved Anniversairy, and 4.  Now we have this Halo game for tablets coming out and the new Halo for the X1.  Usually when I get a Halo game I beat it on Normal, then beat it again on Legendary, then play co-op with some friends, just because it was so fun for me, but with Halo 4 I beat it once on Normal, did a couple online matches and never touched it after.  I'm not saying Halo 4 was bad, I think I'm just bored of the series, I mean it even got so bad that Bungie seperated from Halo and started making a new franchise.  It must be getting really old if the creators are willing to walk away from a garunteed multi-million dollar franchise...The thing I like about Sony is for most of their IPs they change things up, like for Naughty Dog, they made Crash for the PS1, Jak for the PS2, Uncharted for the PS3, then went on to The Last of Us.  Sucker Punch went from Spyro to Sly Cooper and then to inFamous, continuing to refresh with new IPs.  So what do you guys think, can you just keep playing Halo for another generation or are you bored of it?

Underlined: See thats the thing: Halo has a ever expanding lore that fans such as myself can't get enough of. If MS were just to drop Halo support....that would be devestating.Some gamers may tolerate change at the expense of older IPs being thrown into the trash.....but I personally want my Halo to keep evolving and expanding.

Furthermore, why Halo? Halo is the flagship IP. Might as well as when will gamers get bored of Mario or Gran Turismo. Why single out Halo?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
deathgod33 said:
since the creators of the series are gone, the quality will decline and the magic will wear off. just like what happened to call of duty

thats what i think

The MP needs some serious work, but the lore has never been better, at least in terms of character developement (Chief and Cortana come to mind)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

The Halo crowd will get bored of Halo if it keeps going the Call of Duty route.

http://majornelson.com/2013/06/26/live-activity-for-week-of-june-17/

I mean, Halo 4 is below FIFA and NBA. Its below 2 shooters from 2011.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

So I was a huge Halo fan at the start of this gen, but at this point I'm just exausted with the series.  Think about all the Halo games we've gotten, Halo 1, 2, 3, Wars (I'd like Wars 2 :)), ODST, REACH, Combat Evolved Anniversairy, and 4.  Now we have this Halo game for tablets coming out and the new Halo for the X1.  Usually when I get a Halo game I beat it on Normal, then beat it again on Legendary, then play co-op with some friends, just because it was so fun for me, but with Halo 4 I beat it once on Normal, did a couple online matches and never touched it after.  I'm not saying Halo 4 was bad, I think I'm just bored of the series, I mean it even got so bad that Bungie seperated from Halo and started making a new franchise.  It must be getting really old if the creators are willing to walk away from a garunteed multi-million dollar franchise...The thing I like about Sony is for most of their IPs they change things up, like for Naughty Dog, they made Crash for the PS1, Jak for the PS2, Uncharted for the PS3, then went on to The Last of Us.  Sucker Punch went from Spyro to Sly Cooper and then to inFamous, continuing to refresh with new IPs.  So what do you guys think, can you just keep playing Halo for another generation or are you bored of it?

Crash went MP, it wasn't really an option for them to continue making Crash games on PS2. Sucker Punch never had Spyro, that was Insomniac. But the same as Crash, it simply went MP, there was no option for Sony to continue making them. We're seeing Infamous branch 2 generations with PS3 to PS4, Killzone branch 3 generations with PS2 to PS3 to PS4, Gran Turismo will eventually branch 4 generations with PS1 to PS2 to PS3 to PS4. Same with Uncharted and 3 generations, and Last of Us will surely see a PS4 entry as well. It's not as if Sony doesn't continue to release their big hitters.

Hopefully never, space opera is one of my favourite genres/themes with Halo being one of the few games left that is keeping it alive.

When Microsoft stops spending 50m+ advertising it?

I dunno..