By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 outselling the 360 by 10,000 with US and Others COMBINED!!!

Zeo_842 said:
StarcraftManiac said:

Holy fuck! PS3 is outselling the X360 by 10k... No way!... Now it will only take 2203 weeks before the PS3 overtakes the X360!... PS3 domination starts now!...

Why isn't this thread closed yet?... 10k is within the margin that i consider to be under the 'who fuckin cares, stuff happens' category.

Once Japan numbers come in it should have outsold it WW this week by 60k+. After the PS3 had a rough year and things are looking up, why not celebrate?

Y, it's good for PS3!... But 1 week doesn't mean someone has to make a thread about how the X360 fails bigtime and the PS3 triumphs!

Dude, there are people who make threads about it when Wii is outsold 1 week by X360/PS3 in 1 region, and they say: 'here, i said this was gonna happen! Wii fad is over! PS3/X360 domination starts now'...

And that's just plain stupid!... 10k (around 60 with Japan) isn't that much if you consider that the X360 has been doing slightly better the last X weeks before this one, so why bother, 1 week doesn't mean the X360 is dead in a hartbeat!... That's what im just saying, numbers fluctuate, it's just normal for systems to sometimes sell more then their competitors'. Hell, even Gamecube was close to PS2 sometimes in weekly sales, you won't see me making a fuzz about that!... 

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

Microsoft fails this generation. Again. I don't think a price cut will even help now.

@Starcraft_Maniac

after a year of flak....

Statements from fanboys that Ps3 would be discontinued early this year...

Basically after thread after thread of PS3 doom last year....why is a thread like this suddenly bothering you so much?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@Stracraft_Maniac

because this means after JAPAN is added (as due to DMC4 according to pre-lim data Ps3 will be 45K +)

THIS mean PS3 outsold 360 by 60K for the FIRST TIME EVER!..

I think it outsold it by more than that (about 73k) on the week ending 30th december

both PS3 and 360 have DMC bundle, it will be interesting to see which console gets a bigger boost (percentage wise).

I see PS3 outselling 360 by about 60k in Japan alone.

that makes it 70K WW. if DMC can bring this big a boost to PS3 (70K difference instead of normal 20K), just imagine what MGS4 can do.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
X-Man said:
Microsoft fails this generation. Again. I don't think a price cut will even help now.

Look at the sales boost the PS3 got from its price cuts, why wouldn't the 360 get a similar boost?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

It's too late for the PS3 to be dominant this generation. The 360 already has too many users. Developers are going to continue to develop most of their games for both platforms, treating them both in a sense as a single platform. If you make your game only for the PS3 or only for the 360, you'll just be sacrificing tons of money. Neither platform will gain a huge edge this generation.

The American market is the most valuable as well, and that's where the 360 continues to lead. Sure, PS3 is selling more than 360 in Europe, but when you stop to think about how diverse that market really is, it really becomes a lot harder to come up with a game that will truly appeal to all European countries than it is to come up with a game that will appeal to one country (the United States). PS3 is certainly ahead of 360 in Japan, but is their Japanese install base really large enough to spend a great deal of money on a game that will appeal to only the Japanese? No. Other than the big games which appeal to more than just Japan, this won't be a good generation for Japanese gamers who buy anything other than a Wii.

Because of this, I'm willing to bet Microsoft feels these sales figures actually work more in its favor than Sony's. It's often better to be really strong in one unified and predictable market than it is to be average across many diverse markets. If you develop solely for the PS3, who is your average customer? A Japenese-American who speaks German and can't make up his mind between rpg's, racing games and fps's? If you develop for 360, your customers are Americans who love to shoot things. Having a solid, predictable audience certainly makes it a lot easier to figure out what type of game to make.

Shortages.

When you think M$ has stopped the shit, they surprise you. Maybe they think that the constraint is what is doing good for Wii and are copying that. I don't know (I'm not serious)

@NJ5

There are alot of factors to consider, which I wont explain since they are too many.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

zackblue said:
@NJ5

There are alot of factors to consider, which I wont explain since they are too many.

I'm convinced

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957