By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why are VC games so damn expensive?

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=16103

Here is the report I was referring to.

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
@Munkeh111

pretty big, about 10-15 games in each genre.

I take it that is all the classics in that genre, cause at the moment the PS1 collection kind of sucks outside of Japan, although I do have Crash Bandicoot which is awesome

^good report

Like superchunk posted: http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=16103

Buying VC will likely be cheaper than buying up the same actual games. Of course, you don't have the physical copy...but you did purchase the rights to play the game legally.

And think of it as paying to enjoy some nostalgic games...are your favorite games in the world only worth 2 bucks or so to you? I gladly pay the price of a movie ticket for games like Sonic, Mario, and Zelda on Genesis, NES, etc, which gave me great joy when I was younger.

If $5 is too much for a game, then as Perrin rudely stated, you might want to get a better-paying job. 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:

Like superchunk posted: http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=16103

Buying VC will likely be cheaper than buying up the same actual games. Of course, you don't have the physical copy...but you did purchase the rights to play the game legally.

1) And think of it as paying to enjoy some nostalgic games...are your favorite games in the world only worth 2 bucks or so to you? I gladly pay the price of a movie ticket for games like Sonic, Mario, and Zelda on Genesis, NES, etc, which gave me great joy when I was younger.

2) If $5 is too much for a game, then as Perrin rudely stated, you might want to get a better-paying job. 

1) Well N64 games are almost double the price of a cinema ticket here in the UK. They are not worth 15 bucks to me. I have not played them before so I don't know whether I will like them.

2) Like I stated before, they are $15 not $5. I am 17 years old so I cannot get a better job.

Also your last sentence sounds like Sony PR.

Around the Network

The VC games are cheap, the games of N64 cost $10 and the NES games cost $5, and the SNES games cost $8.

@RolStoppable:

Actually, the voice work was always English in that game. The only real change they had to do was the menus. Not that this is really relevant.

I also agree about MK64, the battle mode was always the only good thing about it. If you're planning on single-player, skip it.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

I have only bought one game on the VC, and it was fine to me...well, for my mom's credit card... :P

1   2   3  not only you and me.

Livin' in sin is the new thing.

Personally, I was thrilled to see Sin & Punishment on the VC, premium charge or not. I would love to see more quality import games on the service.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.