By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ultra Street Fighter 4 will not be on the Wii U

radiantshadow92 said:
y wud anyone think it was coming to wiiU...

lack of common sense, denial, not taking meds, lots of reasons

Around the Network

Most third party releases are not coming to Wii U. If they hated EA just because they aren't making games for the platform, they'd hate most third party developers (well, we do have one or two like that here..). Ea gets hate because they very publicly stopped support for Wii U and created negative press about it. I can't remember why exactly but it was either when they announced they stopped making titles, or some EA dev's comments on twitter or something around those lines.

Snesboy said:

Were you going to buy it if it came out on Wii U?

Not at all, just pointing out yet another company Nintendo fans give a pass despite not getting support from.  This is less of a "x game not coming to Wii U thread," more of a "and yet another company Nintendo fans don't shit all over for openly coming out and saying they're not supporting the Wii U."  Just goes to show how much blind rage is out there for certain companies, bashing on companies like EA because everyone else does it. 

To answer some other questions.

Why expect a GotY like edition to be released on a  system that never had the game to begin with?  Because it's the complete edition so far.  If they released Street Fighter 4's vanilla version you coud make an argument about why are they releasing it.  They have the most to gain with this release on the Wii U as you can assume most Nintendo fans who own a Wii U don't own another console and this will be their first experience with Street Fighter 4.

Why not complain that this isn't on the Xbox One and PS4?  Because those two are actually next gen consoles.  It makes no sense in releasing the game on those consoles because those owners probably have a PS360 and would have had a way of already playing it while, like I somewhat pointed out in the above paragraph, most Wii U owners will have come from being a Wii owner exclusively.

kupomogli said:
Snesboy said:

Not at all, just pointing out yet another company Nintendo fans give a pass despite not getting support from.  This is less of a "x game not coming to Wii U thread," more of a "and yet another company Nintendo fans don't shit all over for openly coming out and saying they're not supporting the Wii U."  Just goes to show how much blind rage is out there for certain companies, bashing on companies like EA because everyone else does it. 

To answer some other questions.

Why expect a GotY like edition to be released on a  system that never had the game to begin with?  Because it's the complete edition so far.  If they released Street Fighter 4's vanilla version you coud make an argument about why are they releasing it.  They have the most to gain with this release on the Wii U as you can assume most Nintendo fans who own a Wii U don't own another console and this will be their first experience with Street Fighter 4.

Why not complain that this isn't on the Xbox One and PS4?  Because those two are actually next gen consoles.  It makes no sense in releasing the game on those consoles because those owners probably have a PS360 and would have had a way of already playing it. 

??? the exact same thing could be said Wii u, whoever wants this already has a way of playing it

oniyide said:
kupomogli said:
Snesboy said:

Why not complain that this isn't on the Xbox One and PS4?  Because those two are actually next gen consoles.  It makes no sense in releasing the game on those consoles because those owners probably have a PS360 and would have had a way of already playing it. 

??? the exact same thing could be said Wii u, whoever wants this already has a way of playing it.

I noticed I left that off so I edited it but then your post came through afterwards.  A lot of Wii owners who are going to purchase a Wii U and only a Wii U don't own a PS360, so no, they don't have already have a way of playing it.  I did point that out in the paragraph above the one you bolded, I pointed it out once again after your bold statement in my edit(which I posted while you were already replying.)

Around the Network

Had it on 360, have it on pc, and would def. buy it again for Wii U.

kupomogli said:
oniyide said:
kupomogli said:
Snesboy said:

??? the exact same thing could be said Wii u, whoever wants this already has a way of playing it.

I noticed I left that off so I edited it but then your post came through afterwards.  A lot of Wii owners who are going to purchase a Wii U and only a Wii U don't own a PS360, so no, they don't have already have a way of playing it.  I did point that out in the paragraph above the one you bolded, I pointed it out once again after your bold statement in my edit(which I posted while you were already replying.)

The people who are going to purchase a Wii U and just a Wii U were most likely not SF fans to begin with. So again makes no sense to cater to people who wouldnt buy the game, and the ones that actually are there are so few of them, it isnt worth it. People follow games, games dont follow people, thats how it works in the real world. SF fans would go where they can play SF, and that hasnt been the case for a Ninty home console in a long time. Capcom knows this which is why they are not even bothering

Who cares lol. How many times is Capcom going to release the same game over and over again? Can you say milk?
Didn't they promise no more SFIV last year? Looks like they need the money bad!

Do they really want to compete with Smash Bros anyway? Whatever.

oniyide said:

The people who are going to purchase a Wii U and just a Wii U were most likely not SF fans to begin with. So again makes no sense to cater to people who wouldnt buy the game, and the ones that actually are there are so few of them, it isnt worth it. People follow games, games dont follow people, thats how it works in the real world. SF fans would go where they can play SF, and that hasnt been the case for a Ninty home console in a long time. Capcom knows this which is why they are not even bothering

Are you kidding me?  There aren't as many die hard fighting games out there as you think.  90% of the people who bought Street Fighter 4 are your gaming fans who like games in general and nowhere close to your die hard fighting game fan.  Most people wouldn't buy a console for Street Fighter or any other fighting game, but they would buy a fighting game if it happened to come out on their console. 

A lot of die hard fighting games fans probably bought Tatsunoko vs Capcom as well as a Wii if they didn't already own one.  It's current sales are showing 500,000. Compare this number to vanilla Street Fighter 4 which sold 3.72 million.  Super Street Fighter 4 at 2.15 million.  Then there is yet another update, Arcade Edition selling 510,000.  A third rerelease of the exact same  game sold more than one game, and instead of even purchasing that rerelease people could have purchased the $15 DLC for Super, which most people probably did.  Marvel vs Capcom 3 is showing 2.24 million, while people finally got smart and didn't buy Ultimate after all the SSF4 releases which can be judge by its massive 310,000 sales.