By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your Favorite Pikmin Type? [Red/Blue/Yellow/Purple/White/Rock/Wing]

The Best Pikmin Type Is Obviously

Red 4 9.30%

Blue 6 13.95%

Yellow 2 4.65%

Purple 6 13.95%

White 10 23.26%

Rock 7 16.28%

Wing 6 13.95%

Total:41

Loved the whites. They were the only ones that could keep up with you when you after you got the speed upgrade, and they carried stuff faster than any of the rest, so you could let them carry stuff past enemies or in caves with bombs/boulders without worry.

My next favorite might be the blues. Love saving drowning pikmin with them, and I laughed my butt off the other day when two blues were on each side of a bridge and tossing a drowning pikmin back and forth between each other like it was a game or something.

Around the Network

Oops

Mensrea said:
White. Man those little guys were such bad asses. Just bring two, throw one at the bulbourb, and you got him.

Or you could just, you know, throw one on the bulborb's back and flatten it, goomba-style. Don't ask me why I care so much about nonexistant creatures in your save file, I just do.

i think i can honestly say i don't have a favorite. I like the reds because they're strength in numbers, i like the yellows because i hat flying enemies, i like the blues because they can rescue others from drowning, i like the whites because if something eats my horde it's going to pay for it, and i like the purple because of their power. I look forward to the winged pikmin, i don't know how i feel about the rock pikmin. I need to see what they can do other than break glass.

CarcharodonKraz said:
i think i can honestly say i don't have a favorite. I like the reds because they're strength in numbers, i like the yellows because i hat flying enemies, i like the blues because they can rescue others from drowning, i like the whites because if something eats my horde it's going to pay for it, and i like the purple because of their power. I look forward to the winged pikmin, i don't know how i feel about the rock pikmin. I need to see what they can do other than break glass.

they cant be flattened! So if a boulder comes and hits rock pikmin, they will just be buried! Not dead!

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
CarcharodonKraz said:

they cant be flattened! So if a boulder comes and hits rock pikmin, they will just be buried! Not dead!

so they are more durable/ resistant to physical attacks.... hmmmm interesting.  I'm intrigued.

burninmylight said: My next favorite might be the blues. Love saving drowning pikmin with them, and I laughed my butt off the other day when two blues were on each side of a bridge and tossing a drowning pikmin back and forth between each other like it was a game or something.

Ah, a loltastic image has popped into my mind.

CarcharodonKraz said:
tbone51 said:
CarcharodonKraz said:

so they are more durable/ resistant to physical attacks.... hmmmm interesting.  I'm intrigued.

Yah they be Immune to crushing, which alone makes them pretty good as that's one of the 5 insta kill methods in the game. They may also take longer to be eaten, but I can't say that as fact yet. During the Gamestop Pikmin event, I'ma confirm whether this is true or not. Of course that means needlessly sacrificing some pikmin, but it's for science!

Einsam_Delphin said:
Mensrea said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Mensrea said:
White. Man those little guys were such bad asses. Just bring two, throw one at the bulbourb, and you got him.

Or you could just kill the bulborb without sacrificing any Pikmin.

Yeah, but it would take longer. Especially with a larger bulborb. Those pikmin bitches are my slaves, their lives are meaningless to me.

You have plenty of time to do all you need to, especially if you're in a cave, so the 5 seconds saved is not worth the loss of life. Also, larger bulborbs? Please don't tell me you were sacrificing whites to kill dwarf bulborbs when they can already be one-shoted. Whites may be the least useful type but come on mawn! And how can you say Pikmim are worthless when without them the captains can't do jack?

There are really big bulborbs, and those are the only ones I use whites on, but I'm mostly just kidding. :)

Least useful type? They can spot underground stuff, go through poison, are the fastest, and kill enemies that eat them, how are they least useful? 

Yellow > White > Blue > Purple > Red

I like that the Yellow can be thrown higher and plus they have the big ears that make them look cool.

Pikmin & Pikmin 2 are some of my favorite games ever made. Yet, I didn't know you could save drowning Pikmin with blues...I'd always use my whistle and whoever didn't make it...you know.