By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - brawl 700k first week in Japan ?

If these numbers were credible, why don't we start using them as well?

I don't think its credible, anyway.

However, how the hell do people on this site act like "zomg 700k is huge" when TheSource's been reporting that 900k is possible for several days now.

Finally, the term "Japs" is offensive.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
bigjon said:
wenlan said:
I went through some of the posts on this site and the information shown on those posts are mostly accurate and objective.

700K may not be far from the numbers from Famitsu or Media Create. I also saw another blog saying the total shipment of SSBB in the 1st week is between 800K to 850K.

It is very difficult to accurately estimate the real number from a limited number of data when a product is sold out everywhere. You don't know how many copies each store actually getting.

I saw a blog the other day... wow that sounds soooo credible....

Here is the link to the blog I mentioned.

http://s03.2log.net/home/syoboon1/

Not everyone here can read Japanese.  I simply just translated the information that I read.  I have never said this is an official number.  If you don't want to believe it, that's fine.  But you don't need to be sarcastic and trying to damage other members' credibility.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

gorgepir said:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/849/849608p1.html
Its covered in IGN as well. It seems to be legit.
Than you for the link, I think IGN is wrong.

i find it funny that every time something good happens sale-wise for the wii its always over tracked i bet if it was a ps3/360 game that sold a million copies there would be no question what so ever.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Nobody would be questioning the million number if Nintendo hadn't said that supply was going to be constrained the first week.

Around the Network

700-1 million, either way is fine, lets just see what Media Create, VGC and Famitsu have to say

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)