By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - X-Box 360 owners, why are you switching to PS4?

Was really put off buy the 24 hr check but now that's gone i'm getting one. I prefer the MS ecosystem anyway, so I guess I'm not the respondent you're looking for

Around the Network

Same reason why they had switch from ps2 to 360 I suppose.

If I do switch to PS4, it will be because of the games and features of the console. I was bitter about the xbox One's DRM policies but I'm over that, now. I had the RRoD and a couple of other problems but Microsoft's customer service was nothing but excellent to me. My loyalty isn't blind, though. The Xbox One and PS4 are both going to have to earn my business all over again. Right now, I'm not excited for either.

I did the majority of my gaming on the 360. Will be doing the majority on PS4.

I will eventually own both, though.

Cheaper console. More powerful console. More exclusives in development. Plenty of multiplats. Friends getting a PS4. Not trying to fuck me over. Have a plan that theyre sticking to. Love for/from Indie devs.

Just makes sense.

Edited a couple more in.

Um, I'm probably going to pick up both sometime next year just in time for a lot of the awesome exclusives for Xbox One and PS4. Heck I'll probably end up getting a Wii U also if they release more games like Bayonetta 2.

Around the Network
sth88 said:
I'm not. I've always enjoyed my experiences with Xbox consoles more than I have with any Playstation games, and looking at the upcoming lineup of games for the two new consoles, Microsoft again has the lineup of games that I find more compelling. It's not just an old stalwart like Halo that has me picking up an Xbox One; Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, and Project Spark all look really interesting, and they aren't titles I want to miss.

What has Sony got right now for me? Not much. Transistor for sure, but that game could still make it's way to Xbox. The Order 1886 might also be pretty cool, but I'm not 100% convinced yet. Other than that, nothing. I've no interest in their old franchises like Killzone or Infamous, and Knack is definitely not my kind of platformer.

Then this thread is obviously not for you. So why respond to it?

sales2099 said:
Is this necessary?

Some gamers are fickle and don't have corporate loyalties. Some buy based on what's cheaper. Most buy for the games library.

Only a niche minority actually care about things like corporate perception and policies behind the scenes that influence their taste in gaming.

Necessary?  Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine?  No, but I do it anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste.

I'm actually interested in knowing if there are people who considered themselves hardcore SONY/MICROSOFT/NINTENDO fans who switched sides and for what reasons.

I "Had" an Xbox 360 once only because my friend let me borrow it. from my experience, is that yeah XBL has cross-game chat and it makes it easier to communicate between two different games. But the Xbox doesn't have the library that I think it should have.

sales2099 said:
Is this necessary?

Some gamers are fickle and don't have corporate loyalties. Some buy based on what's cheaper. Most buy for the games library.

Only a niche minority actually care about things like corporate perception and policies behind the scenes that influence their taste in gaming.

You question the necessity of such a  thread? 

Why don't you start asking yourself this question whenever you feel compelled to post a comment in a Sony related thread? 

Hynad said:
sales2099 said:
Is this necessary?

You question the necessity of such a  thread? 

Why don't you start asking yourself this question whenever you feel compelled to post a comment in a Sony related thread? 

Im exempt because threads like this are all to common. Your post would have merit if there were as many people as me as there are of you.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.