By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ashes Wii U coming in a couple of weeks I can't wait!

yeah august 1st - I will bring some good weather over with me.... Going to days 1-3... C'mon Aussie!

Around the Network

Soooooo the game has now been pushed back to November to coincide with the Australian ashes series. The devs said they were not happy with the overall quality of the game and needed more time. It's always hard for small budget titles to manage the AI in sport titles, lets hope the extra few months pay off because some Wii U cricket action would be sweeeeeet!

tripenfall said:
Soooooo the game has now been pushed back to November to coincide with the Australian ashes series. The devs said they were not happy with the overall quality of the game and needed more time. It's always hard for small budget titles to manage the AI in sport titles, lets hope the extra few months pay off because some Wii U cricket action would be sweeeeeet!

They released a tiny bit of gameplay footage and it looked awful, like they hadn't done any work at all

They also released some screenshots of various things including one of Matt Prior holding his bat the wrong way around... It was not impressive

The move back to November has basically lost my purchase. I am willing to accept that it is going to be crap, but I'll be playing PS4 games in November. There is another cricket game scheduled for next-gen (including Wii U I think) made by Big Ant studios, so maybe that will be good

Really? I will have to have a look for the Big Ant title and check it out... I agree with you the Ashes game is starting to look more and more like a dodgy title...

I am going to assume that we will never really get a good cricket game on consoles. That way, if we do get something decent, it'll be great.

Lowering expectations can make things seem better than they are

Around the Network

This has turned into quite the odd thread now...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

the only reason I will pick this game up is because its called ashes cricket lol.

I hope that other one is a good game.

I agree there hasnt been a good cricket game in years. My favour is still Brian Lara cricket on mega drive.

Actually, i played the heck out of EA cricket 2002 for PC. That was decent....especially bowling a side out for 0 by jus bowling yorkers

I've been hearing that the Don Bradman 14 game is a lot better. Might want to look into it before dropping your money on this rushed mess.

The game finally has a solid November 30th release date in Australia and Nov 28th in the UK. Lets hope its worth the wait and that the real Australian team can restore some pride!