By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo boss calls for more hardcore Wii games in 2008

Dear Nintendo,

I was a good person raving fanboy customer last year.

What I would like for Christmas is:

A real Paper Mario
Metroid Dread
A Kid Icarus sequel
An F-Zero game
Kirby Wii actually in Europe
Super Smash Bros. Brawl actually in Europe
Mario Kart Wii actually in Europe

Thanks!

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Around the Network

That's been their whole plan from the start, to make new gamers you've got to make a system accessible, then once they took the bait you spring the trap of getting them addicted to *throw in great Nintendo game here* they then want more games and want to try what people call "hardcore" games and there you go you've got a whole new group of "hardcore" gamers.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Garcian Smith said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Pfff... Long time Nintendo fans are the only hardcores that will get a kick out of this. Hardcore gamers demand much more than what the Wii can produce, I'm afraid.

Thank you, O omnipotent pollster with his finger on the pulse of what the REAL hardcore gamers want Riot Of The Blood.

In all seriousness, the only people who think that hardcore gamers somehow universally hate the Wii are fanboys of some other system.

What the hell have all hardcore gamers (nerdy, lonely sad bastards) been playing up until the PS3 and Xbox360 were released then!

llewdebkram said:
Garcian Smith said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Pfff... Long time Nintendo fans are the only hardcores that will get a kick out of this. Hardcore gamers demand much more than what the Wii can produce, I'm afraid.

Thank you, O omnipotent pollster with his finger on the pulse of what the REAL hardcore gamers want Riot Of The Blood.

In all seriousness, the only people who think that hardcore gamers somehow universally hate the Wii are fanboys of some other system.

What the hell have all hardcore gamers (nerdy, lonely sad bastards) been playing up until the PS3 and Xbox360 were released then!

You don't understand. Let me enlighten you: once you had a taste of the next-gen you can't go back to inferior graphics. That's why LAIR is such an amazing game. It not only looks gorgeous, it's also very beautiful and the graphics are amazing.

After you played that even the best PS2 game feels like...eh...well wouldn't know, those weren't really games you know. 

BengaBenga said:
llewdebkram said:
Garcian Smith said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

You don't understand. Let me enlighten you: once you had a taste of the next-gen you can't go back to inferior graphics. That's why LAIR is such an amazing game. It not only looks gorgeous, it's also very beautiful and the graphics are amazing.

After you played that even the best PS2 game feels like...eh...well wouldn't know, those weren't really games you know.

Limitting your experience to graphics alone is not hardcore.  Some people fall under that, but it's not who I would consider hardcore.

Around the Network
Tifa Lockhart said:
More Pit action?

You really seem to like Pit...

Actually, seeing all that Kid Icarus love on this page, I may should give the original game a try.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

I remember when 'hardcore gamers' were gameplay junkies, making fun of 'casual' gamers who were obsessed by eye candy.

If I will see some quality hardcore games on the Wii , nothing will stop me buying it . At this stage the only game that really amazes me is MP3 :) But thats just not enough ....

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

jlauro said:
BengaBenga said:
llewdebkram said:
Garcian Smith said:
Riot Of The Blood said:

Limitting your experience to graphics alone is not hardcore. Some people fall under that, but it's not who I would consider hardcore.

i think that was a joke. he pretty much said: it not only looks gorgeous, but also looks gorgeous and looks gorgeous. also, him using Lair as an example says it all. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Riot Of The Blood said:

Ah yes, the age-old "you're not a real gamer unless you like the games that I like" argument.