By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - “Certain” AAA IP Needs 10 Million Copies to Break Even says

Mr Khan said:

Destiny or Titanfall, then.

Good luck to either of those, really. Both look exceptional, but can they really strike 10 million in a market mired by generational transition?

Destiny can... PS4, Xbone, PS3, 360 and PC... ~2 million per plataform.

Titanfall not... it can at maximum do Gears numbers (great IMO).

Around the Network

10 million? Who develops a game for $500 million?

NolSinkler said:
10 million? Who develops a game for $500 million?

I think the math is not that.

From the $60 retail price there are a lot of part not related cover the dev costs like the box, manual, shipping, publisher, etc... so removing everyting you have (I don't know... guessing) $20.

So 10 million means the game costed $200 million to be made... after that they will have $20 profit in each unit.

RIP in piece Drive Club.

The game he is referring too is obviously Titanfall or Destiny.

Most likely Destiny since Activision did say it was the biggest gaming investment they have ever made.

Around the Network

ok... the only AAA game that would survive is COD... its so sad it is funny!
the rest of the games would barely make profit....
this is so unrealistic...

Most likely Destiny. It's unlikely they'll meet that goal but they're in it for the long haul so the franchise will break even eventually.

It has to be a big multiplatform game that also accompanies a new game engine and their putting that cost into that one game.

I have no clue at the moment but I can only think of Watch_Dogs that follows that line of logic.

Star Wars the Old Republic is an MMO that cost 200 million, I bet on Destiny reaching 300+ million budget easily.

hes a pathetic chump if it was true maybe he'd say which game it is.

Only games worth such an massive initial price would be fifa or madden something you upgrade each year not redesign.