By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Last of Us Sales Exceeds 3.4 Million Units Worldwide

thats amazing. this game is a beast in sales and critical acclaim. best game of this gen.

Around the Network

VGC has it at 1.7m after 2 weeks, which is the same as Uncharted 3. But I'm not shocked. Even though its a new IP, and it released in the summer, and it released after the PS4 wad announced, I always expected this game to match what Uncharted 3 sold in its first 2 weeks without including digital sales, even though TLoU undoubtedly has a higher proportion of digital sales.. So this is not surprising. All non-Sony fanboys can see this.

foodfather said:
Sigh, when will Sony learn that the word is ''shipped'' not sold.

for Sony those are "sold"

shops may be able to/elect to send back units, if large quantities fail to sell, but that doesn't seem to be the case, so Sony will get the money for those units they ship out

Yay, good to see new IP doing good! Still sold out in many Belgian stores.

foodfather said:
Sigh, when will Sony learn that the word is ''shipped'' not sold.

Envy...

Serously i can smell your jealousy all over the place.

Around the Network

Amazing quality sells. That's really good to see.

Hope it's encouraging for other publishers and developers, that if you pull off "goty" stuff, the market will take notice and the game won't fail.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

The game was released during summer drought with a massive marketing and media push so it was no brainer that it was going to perform well, but still congrats to Naughty Dog.

This is why quality matters in gaming.

007BondAgent said:

Fastest Selling New Software Title in the History of PlayStation(R)3, and Fastest Selling PlayStation(R)3 Title of 2013

Doesn't fastest selling title in history automatically mean fastest selling title this year aswell?.....

Pretty amusing reading the two "shipped" comments in here.  I thought by now it was common knowledge that that's how it was counted.  I mean, it's exactly what Square Enix did with Tomb Raider but I don't remember there being an uproar of "Omg it's shipped + downloads!!!" about that.

Which brings me to the point I came here to make.  The figure for TLOU is exactly the same as Tomb Raider.  Yet, one is being touted as this massive success while the other is a game that succeeded but sold well below expectations.  Just goes to show how out of touch Square Enix were with that game.  

And of course, massive congrats to the game, Naughty Dog & Sony.  Another strong IP to add to the roster.  And proof that a new IP this late into the gen can still be a big success.