By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's DualShock 4 light bar can't be turned off to save battery

Just cancelled my preorder because of this.

Around the Network
enditall727 said:
slowmo said:

I know what its for but given the vast majority will not have the PS Eye it will be useless, the old indicators would have been subtler and not as annoying.  Don't make assumptions in future you'll look less foolish (probably not though).

The "assumption" was valid being that you said it was "useless"

#Fail

What use is the light without the PS Eye, what does it do that a simple indicator system like the DS3 couldn't achieve?  Get a clue mate.

slowmo said:
enditall727 said:
slowmo said:

I know what its for but given the vast majority will not have the PS Eye it will be useless, the old indicators would have been subtler and not as annoying.  Don't make assumptions in future you'll look less foolish (probably not though).

The "assumption" was valid being that you said it was "useless"

#Fail

What use is the light without the PS Eye, what does it do that a simple indicator system like the DS3 couldn't achieve?  Get a clue mate.

Awww how cute ;)

Now you are trying to shift this into being about what the light has vs the ds3 controller

This is not about what the ds4 light has vs the ds3. This is about your saying of the DS4 light being "useless" 

The ds4 light indicates that the controller is on and it also indicates what player/controller # it is by using different colors(without PSEye)

You said the DS4 light was "useless"(without PSeye) and that was a fail

You also tried to shift this into being about what the DS4 light has that DS3 doesn't without the eye and that was yet again another fail

#DoubleFail

enditall727 said:

#DoubleFail

The only fail in the thread is you using hashtags. 

It's useless, deal with it

Hmmm......

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

3 leds wont kill the battery lol

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

slowmo said:

The only fail in the thread is you using hashtags. 

It's useless, deal with it

and now that your desperate argument has been dismantled, you have nothing else to blindly grasp at lol

so you shift again and now have a different and main focus on "hashtags"

"It's useless, deal with it"

#Fail

Try not to speak on things you don't know about next time. You wont have to shift and switch focus as much. It also helps people look less foolish

;)

enditall727 said:

and now that your desperate argument has been dismantled, you have nothing else to blindly grasp at lol

so you shift again and now have a different and main focus on "hashtags"

"It's useless, deal with it"

#Fail

Try not to speak on things you don't know about next time. You wont have to shift and switch focus as much. It also helps people look less foolish

;)

I've told you why it's useless, it's my opinion, it cannot be wrong.  If you took your own advice you wouldn't post.

Posting hashtags outside of twitter is a sign of someone unable to appropriately express themselves in words.  Frankly inappropriate use makes you look silly but carry on as you please and ignore the fact that contrary to your feelings that it wasn't relevant, you made a post saying I falied while using hashtags.  There is only one person who has "failed" at that point, rather ironically.  Feel free to read the article below, it is one of many on the subject of inapporpriate use of hashtags.

http://gizmodo.com/5869538/how-the-hashtag-is-ruining-the-english-language

It's just three little LED's, not a huge battery drain.

Being annoyingly bright on the other can could be a bit messed up.

But I thought a controller that changes colour and lights up could be kinda cool in some games. Like letting you know your character is hurt or healed or something.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

tuscaniman99 said:
@Vetteman94
I will still have to sit or stand 2 feet away from whatever device or wall outlet I am charging it from.

you know.......you can buy charging cables longer than 2 feet right? £2 maybe, i mean that might break the bank for some people....but come on...really? grasping at straws here arent you? because you've posted it twice now, maybe this was the bite you were after