By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's DualShock 4 light bar can't be turned off to save battery

slowmo said:
enditall727 said:

#DoubleFail

The only fail in the thread is you using hashtags. 

It's useless, deal with it

I love you, your my new favorite thing on this site, "blatent annoyance"........ lol

In day light, it will be barley visably and at night i bet the hundreds of LEDS in my Screen will over power the 1-3 LED'S on my controller, which again, the light will not even be facing me as its on the opposite side of the controlller the only time ill see it at night is if the game turns to a dark loading screen....its not going to illuminate my room ........oh you are special

Around the Network

wow that lag is terrible

phinch1 said:

I love you, your my new favorite thing on this site, "blatent annoyance"........ lol

In day light, it will be barley visably and at night i bet the hundreds of LEDS in my Screen will over power the 1-3 LED'S on my controller, which again, the light will not even be facing me as its on the opposite side of the controlller the only time ill see it at night is if the game turns to a dark loading screen....its not going to illuminate my room ........oh you are special

Had you read my post I pretty much already said that but in your haste to try and insult me you completely ignored the point I already made.  Good for you that you don't find glowing lights all over your controller annoying, the video posted above already proves you will get reflection though in some cases.  It's not even a issue if it can be turned off but somehow there is an army of Sony fans in here in full denial mode. 

Before you try to insult someone's intelligence you might want to proof read your post by the way. 

3 leds wont kill the battery that fast. i will put tape over the lights lol

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Not sure if this was posted yet but a lot of people commenting don't seem to realize that the developer can choose to turn the light off if it's not needed. Sony just didn't want to allow you to turn it off for games that do need it.

Read this post with the UPDATE.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-08-the-dualshock-4s-bright-blue-light-cant-be-turned-off

"These are the highest quality pixels that anybody has seen"

Around the Network
slowmo said:
phinch1 said:

Had you read my post I pretty much already said that but in your haste to try and insult me you completely ignored the point I already made.  Good for you that you don't find glowing lights all over your controller annoying, the video posted above already proves you will get reflection though in some cases.  It's not even a issue if it can be turned off but somehow there is an army of Sony fans in here in full denial mode. 

Before you try to insult someone's intelligence you might want to proof read your post by the way. 

is there another one other than the one at the back? i couldn't see any more "all over" it

you were saying something about intelligence?

phinch1 said:
slowmo said:
phinch1 said:

is there another one other than the one at the back? i couldn't see any more "all over" it

you were saying something about intelligence?

3 LED's by the very fact of being plural are multiple lights, grasping now are we?  I believe it was you trying to say something about intelligence, badly once again. 

4 ≈ One

slowmo said:
enditall727 said:

and now that your desperate argument has been dismantled, you have nothing else to blindly grasp at lol

so you shift again and now have a different and main focus on "hashtags"

"It's useless, deal with it"

#Fail

Try not to speak on things you don't know about next time. You wont have to shift and switch focus as much. It also helps people look less foolish

;)

I've told you why it's useless, it's my opinion, it cannot be wrong.  If you took your own advice you wouldn't post.

Posting hashtags outside of twitter is a sign of someone unable to appropriately express themselves in words.  Frankly inappropriate use makes you look silly but carry on as you please and ignore the fact that contrary to your feelings that it wasn't relevant, you made a post saying I falied while using hashtags.  There is only one person who has "failed" at that point, rather ironically.  Feel free to read the article below, it is one of many on the subject of inapporpriate use of hashtags.

http://gizmodo.com/5869538/how-the-hashtag-is-ruining-the-english-language

Now you're floundering in irrelevance in hopes to save face =D

Your opinion of it being "useless" is based off a lie of it being "useless" without the PS Eye. I have provided facts on why it is NOT "useless" but here you are with blinded glory trying to pull the "but.. but.. but it's just my opinion which cannot be wrong" card

The majority of your comment is "about "hashtags". Still desperately clinging on an attempt at shifting what is about you saying the lightbar was "useless" to it being about "hashtags".

#Fail

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the prime example of the results that one might get when they speak on things they don't know about. The foolishness grows stronger with each comment everytime ;)

mod edit: This post was given a warning for just being far too condescending and indirectly insulting - Torillian

enditall727 said:

*snip*

You're not worth talking to, enjoy your ignorance

Moderated,

-Mr Khan