By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anybody else underwhelmed by Final Fantasy XV?

Tagged games:

Do you think Final Fantasy XV looks amazing?

Yes. 37 48.68%

Some parts do, others not so much. 16 21.05%

No. 23 30.26%

Total:76
Xen said:

Only "plays with itself" describes XII... it's a damn good game otherwise. It's so sexy... that it plays with itself.

Many people that were making said IV-X have left, which is what happened to FF in short... times, they are a-changin. To search for all the stuff that made XIII so... khm.. "unique" would mean sticking around here for hours. IIRC, the same team that was making SaGa games made XII, which would explain its difference from anything that came before.

Actually, FFXII was made by the FFT, Vagrant Story, and PlayOnline team.

Around the Network
Xen said:
Ljink96 said:
I'm done with Final Fantasy. They don't want to go back to their good ways. (FF4-10) The graphics are good yeah, but what else is new? Final Fantasy use to entertain in all categories, now it is just a eye candy game that literally plays itself with generic characters that I could care less about. What happened to Final Fantasy?

Only "plays with itself" describes XII... it's a damn good game otherwise. It's so sexy... that it plays with itself.

Many people that were making said IV-X have left, which is what happened to FF in short... times, they are a-changin. To search for all the stuff that made XIII so... khm.. "unique" would mean sticking around here for hours. IIRC, the same team that was making SaGa games made XII, which would explain its difference from anything that came before.

I see that times are changing but it is like the guy who came up with the scenarios got reborn into a new life. It is like nothing from FF4-10 was retained. He remembers how to remake Final Fantasy 1&2 and Final Fantasy IV a bajillion times but that is it. My last Dip into Final Fantasy will probably be X HD. I guess it is hats off and tapps then. The 90's are gone I guess. Sadly, the 90's are gone.

Chevinator123 said:

This is the trailer off screen at the sony presser, it actually looks alot better then those crappy compressed youtube videos, although they MAY have upped the res to like 4k for the presentation but idk, definitely a better representation of what the game will look like running in real time in front of you're eyes then those youtube videos tho

No need for me to watch it. I already downloaded a direct-feed 1080p version of the trailer of the Japanese PSN Store a few days after E3. I still wasn't impressed with the visuals. Sure, the texture resolution is high, but it's simply upscaled current gen graphics, nothing more.

Galvanizer said:
Xen said:

Actually, FFXII was made by the FFT, Vagrant Story, and PlayOnline team.

Quite the mix, these. Why did I think SaGa...? Hmm. Whatever.

@Ljink: True. Nothing from IV-X is there. But I believe in Nomura. After TWEWY, especially. Totally different, but still a good game by him.

I'm underwhelmed, but I'm also a jaded Square fan. FFXII was meh, and FFXIII was quite boring. I feel their talent is gone to Mistwalker and Monolith. The music in particular, which used to consume me, is nowhere near that level. Square would have to make a masterpiece to win me back, and I don't see that just yet.

Around the Network

I totally clicked 'no' on your poll because I thought it was the same question as your topic. Stupid me. Personally, I'm just as excited for this game as I was...hhmmm....almost a decade ago.

Galvanizer said:
Weedlab said:
I'm pleased with it really. I'm sure it will improve between now and launch. Visually I'm content with its current form too, considering it is a cross gen game.

Umm... FFXV is not cross-gen. It's exclusive to PS4/One. That's one of the reasons I find the visuals lacking. the gameplay graphics should be on par with the FMVs. Instead, they look on par with FFXIII.

geddie221 said:
Doesn't look as interesting as I thought it would be. Monolith Soft's X looks to be a better game than FFXV. FF XV looks visually stunning, but it's a bit too different for my liking.

I agree. I'm far more interested in X than I am in FFXV. I would even say the graphics of X are on par with FFXV, even though it's on far inferior hardware.

wii u would have to be quite below ps360 levels in order to be considered "far inferior hardware" than ps4/xone.

As you can probably guess by my avatar and sig, I'm VERY excited for FFXV. I personally was really impressed by the visuals. It definitely looked next-gen, especially that scene where Noctis is on the water looking to Leviathan (I assume). Besides, Nomura has already stated that the final release will indeed have better graphics.

Galvanizer said:

I don't think the graphicss will be much better. Why do I say this? Because when FFXIII was first announced at E3 2006, the graphics looked better than the graphics in the final game released in 2010. I doubt the opposite will happen with FFXV.

Also, MGSV is cross-gen. I would be more leniant to the graphics of FFXV if it was also a cross-gen title.

It's completely different. When FFXIII was announced, they showed mostly pre-rendered cutscenes. They even went as far as to put a HUD on top of a particular scene to make it look like gameplay, when it really wasn't.

What they showed us on this E3 for FFXV, was clearly real-time gameplay, for the most part

How unexpected from you xD