By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What Does Microsoft Need To Do To Win You Back?

What does Microsoft need to do to win you back?

Lower the price 41 8.20%

Don't make kinect required 47 9.40%

GAMES, GAMES and more GAMES 39 7.80%

Free online 17 3.40%

Offer more free games on live 3 0.60%

Other 6 1.20%

All of the above 66 13.20%

They already won me back :) 52 10.40%

They will never win me back 167 33.40%

See results 62 12.40%

Total:500
TheSting said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
TheSting said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Release better exclusives than the competition and they already do that, so I am fine.

I'm honestly curious, this is not to pick on you, but what do you see in Microsoft's exclusives, because I don't see much.  Ryse looks like the blandest combat ever, with nothing but quick time events, Killer Instinct is not up to par with current gen fighting games like Injustice and Mortal Kombat.  We don't know much about Quantum Break or Sunset Overdrive so can't say much about those.  Crimson Dragon looks awsome I will give you that.  I don't see anything in Forza 5 that distinguishes it from other racers, and Titanfall is not an exclusive.  With Sony I feel they have announced a balanced line up of exclusives, with a good variety of generes, and they said they still have more to announce, I don't think Mirosoft has anything left.  inFamous Second Son looks so awsome, I loved the first two and  this one looks like a lot of fun, Drive Club has that soial feature so I guess that helps it stand out from other racers, but I'm still waiting to see more from that game.  Always good to see new platformer ips like Knack.  I'm inbetween on Killzone Shadow Fall, it looks amazing graphics wise, but still waiting for it to wow me, and too early to say anything on The Order 1866.

That is your opinion and could be reversed on the Sony front you know. & how In the world do you know KI won't be up to par? You a fortune teller? 

Just going on what I saw, its already missing features that current fighters have like environmental interaction and mid-battle map changes in Injustice.  Tell me what is brings that no other fighter brings and warrents a $60 purchase. 

I hhaven't seen the total game in action and neither have you. I do have a feeling no matter what you're just going to shoot it down anyway. & you don't need those things to be a successful fighter.

I feel like if they had any major features that would sell the game then they would have showed it off at the revealing of the game...and no you don't need those features to be a sucessful fighter but common they have to give me something other than ULTRA COMBO.  This is a next gen game and the only thing next gen about it that I can see is the graphics.  I would not shoot it down anyway, I loved the earler Killer Instinct games when I hear about this I was excited, then when I saw it well...I feel like Mirosoft is just using the IP as a cheap cash in, its a disgrace to the Killer Instict franchise and it pisses me off a little. 

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:
TheSting said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
TheSting said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Release better exclusives than the competition and they already do that, so I am fine.

I'm honestly curious, this is not to pick on you, but what do you see in Microsoft's exclusives, because I don't see much.  Ryse looks like the blandest combat ever, with nothing but quick time events, Killer Instinct is not up to par with current gen fighting games like Injustice and Mortal Kombat.  We don't know much about Quantum Break or Sunset Overdrive so can't say much about those.  Crimson Dragon looks awsome I will give you that.  I don't see anything in Forza 5 that distinguishes it from other racers, and Titanfall is not an exclusive.  With Sony I feel they have announced a balanced line up of exclusives, with a good variety of generes, and they said they still have more to announce, I don't think Mirosoft has anything left.  inFamous Second Son looks so awsome, I loved the first two and  this one looks like a lot of fun, Drive Club has that soial feature so I guess that helps it stand out from other racers, but I'm still waiting to see more from that game.  Always good to see new platformer ips like Knack.  I'm inbetween on Killzone Shadow Fall, it looks amazing graphics wise, but still waiting for it to wow me, and too early to say anything on The Order 1866.

That is your opinion and could be reversed on the Sony front you know. & how In the world do you know KI won't be up to par? You a fortune teller? 

Just going on what I saw, its already missing features that current fighters have like environmental interaction and mid-battle map changes in Injustice.  Tell me what is brings that no other fighter brings and warrents a $60 purchase. 

I hhaven't seen the total game in action and neither have you. I do have a feeling no matter what you're just going to shoot it down anyway. & you don't need those things to be a successful fighter.

I feel like if they had any major features that would sell the game then they would have showed it off at the revealing of the game...and no you don't need those features to be a sucessful fighter but common they have to give me something other than ULTRA COMBO.  This is a next gen game and the only thing next gen about it that I can see is the graphics.  I would not shoot it down anyway, I loved the earler Killer Instinct games when I hear about this I was excited, then when I saw it well...I feel like Mirosoft is just using the IP as a cheap cash in, its a disgrace to the Killer Instict franchise and it pisses me off a little

See what I mean? & now its a cash grab to you lol.Im not following. Why is it a bad thing to revive a IP tht fans have been asking for? Again you haven't even seen it lol

TheSting said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

I feel like if they had any major features that would sell the game then they would have showed it off at the revealing of the game...and no you don't need those features to be a sucessful fighter but common they have to give me something other than ULTRA COMBO.  This is a next gen game and the only thing next gen about it that I can see is the graphics.  I would not shoot it down anyway, I loved the earler Killer Instinct games when I hear about this I was excited, then when I saw it well...I feel like Mirosoft is just using the IP as a cheap cash in, its a disgrace to the Killer Instict franchise and it pisses me off a little

See what I mean? & now its a cash grab to you lol.Im not following. Why is it a bad thing to revive a IP tht fans have been asking for? 

Your not even reading what I'm saying anymore, your just nit picking words and ignoring everything else I say.  If you are gonna bring back a beloved franchise then at least do it justice, don't put out a half assed game just to cash in on the name of the IP.  I'm saying it now this game is completely half assed, they did the bare minimum and there is nothing new and no innovation whatsoever, I expect way more from a next gen game and I don't know how anyone can accept this. You want to use the excuse, well we haven't seen the whole game yet, if they had anything innovative in the game they would have showed it off, but they had nothing, other than ULTRA COMBO.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
TheSting said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

See what I mean? & now its a cash grab to you lol.Im not following. Why is it a bad thing to revive a IP tht fans have been asking for? 

Your not even reading what I'm saying anymore, your just nit picking words and ignoring everything else I say.  If you are gonna bring back a beloved franchise then at least do it justice, don't put out a half assed game just to cash in on the name of the IP.  I'm saying it now this game is completely half assed, they did the bare minimum and there is nothing new and no innovation whatsoever, I expect way more from a next gen game and I don't know how anyone can accept this. You want to use the excuse, well we haven't seen the whole game yet, if they had anything innovative in the game they would have showed it off, but they had nothing, other than ULTRA COMBO.

How is it an excuse when it's the truth? You're judging the game before it comes out. How is that even fair? Half-Assed in your opinion. 

They never had me so they should try a bit harder because xbox one still doesn't appeal to me .

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

Microsoft never had me even when I had a 360. Enjoy the games if you like what their brand offers, plain and simple. PS4 is my first option, but somewhere down the road if they offer great exclusives that stand out then i'll probably bite. So far I see nothing outside of Titan Fall and they never made that internally, so down the line it will be up for grabs.

The thing I don't get with everyone saying remove kinect are the same people that will just say well now its the same price as the ps4 and its weaker so they still lose. So why would ms listen to them?

They'd have to buy Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, Quantic Dream and Santa Monica.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Halo 5 (obviously coming), Gears of War 4, Crackdown 3.......those 3 games can win me over, just waiting for the announcement on either Gears or Crackdown.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
TheSting said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
DirtyP2002 said:

That's not a feature.  That's a design choice.  Mortal Kombat had those "features" since Mortal Kombat 3 back in 1995.  Super Street Fighter 4: AE didn't have them and, in my opinion, it's still the best fighting game on the market.