By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What Does Microsoft Need To Do To Win You Back?

What does Microsoft need to do to win you back?

Lower the price 41 8.20%

Don't make kinect required 47 9.40%

GAMES, GAMES and more GAMES 39 7.80%

Free online 17 3.40%

Offer more free games on live 3 0.60%

Other 6 1.20%

All of the above 66 13.20%

They already won me back :) 52 10.40%

They will never win me back 167 33.40%

See results 62 12.40%

Total:500

Release better exclusives than the competition and they already do that, so I am fine.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

Halo 5 has to be the best Halo ever made. Other then that. No thank you. All games I'm interested in are also on PC.

DirtyP2002 said:
Release better exclusives than the competition and they already do that, so I am fine.

I'm honestly curious, this is not to pick on you, but what do you see in Microsoft's exclusives, because I don't see much.  Ryse looks like the blandest combat ever, with nothing but quick time events, Killer Instinct is not up to par with current gen fighting games like Injustice and Mortal Kombat.  We don't know much about Quantum Break or Sunset Overdrive so can't say much about those.  Crimson Dragon looks awsome I will give you that.  I don't see anything in Forza 5 that distinguishes it from other racers, and Titanfall is not an exclusive.  With Sony I feel they have announced a balanced line up of exclusives, with a good variety of generes, and they said they still have more to announce, I don't think Mirosoft has anything left.  inFamous Second Son looks so awsome, I loved the first two and  this one looks like a lot of fun, Drive Club has that soial feature so I guess that helps it stand out from other racers, but I'm still waiting to see more from that game.  Always good to see new platformer ips like Knack.  I'm inbetween on Killzone Shadow Fall, it looks amazing graphics wise, but still waiting for it to wow me, and too early to say anything on The Order 1866.

I picked other. Though games games games wouldn't hurt.
If they stole Sony first party devs i would buy a xbone in a 2nd.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Nothing, they haven't lost me. As I never buy new consoles at launch anyway (I prefer to let others be the guinea pigs when it comes to new hardware, and most launch titles will be in the bargain bin within 6 months anyway), I'll simply wait until they start offering non-Kinect bundles for say $399.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
mutantclown said:

I only had the original Xbox, so it's been a long time since they had me. They should start by getting more *real* exclusives, make the HDD replaceable. Focus more on games, sell a bundle without Kinect and when it's $200 I'll even consider buying one.

Why make the HDD replaceable?

You have unlimited storage via the Cloud.  So any movies or music you buy (or if you have Windows 8 upload to Xbox Music), and any games you purchase are available via the cloud (except disc-based games).    In addition, you can connect a USB-based HDD for additional storage so if you did need additional storage you could use any standard USB 3.0 external HDD. 

What is the barrier?

NightDragon83 said:
Nothing, they haven't lost me. As I never buy new consoles at launch anyway (I prefer to let others be the guinea pigs when it comes to new hardware, and most launch titles will be in the bargain bin within 6 months anyway), I'll simply wait until they start offering non-Kinect bundles for say $399.

The way the console is as of right now you need kinect to be connected to the X1 or it won't work, it will just be a paper weight.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
DirtyP2002 said:

I'm honestly curious, this is not to pick on you, but what do you see in Microsoft's exclusives, because I don't see much.  Ryse looks like the blandest combat ever, with nothing but quick time events, Killer Instinct is not up to par with current gen fighting games like Injustice and Mortal Kombat.  We don't know much about Quantum Break or Sunset Overdrive so can't say much about those.  Crimson Dragon looks awsome I will give you that.  I don't see anything in Forza 5 that distinguishes it from other racers, and Titanfall is not an exclusive.  With Sony I feel they have announced a balanced line up of exclusives, with a good variety of generes, and they said they still have more to announce, I don't think Mirosoft has anything left.  inFamous Second Son looks so awsome, I loved the first two and  this one looks like a lot of fun, Drive Club has that soial feature so I guess that helps it stand out from other racers, but I'm still waiting to see more from that game.  Always good to see new platformer ips like Knack.  I'm inbetween on Killzone Shadow Fall, it looks amazing graphics wise, but still waiting for it to wow me, and too early to say anything on The Order 1866.

That is your opinion and could be reversed on the Sony front you know. & how In the world do you know KI won't be up to par? You a fortune teller? 

Have Zelda on the X1.

Nintendo and PC gamer

I don't even care if they make kinect bundled, just don't force me to have it plugged in at all times. That will irk the hell out of me.