By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forget Fan Boy wars, post pics of your favorite consoles and why you love video games

I always have always loved video games since my first time playing the Sega Master System. My brother got the Sega Genesis, but I always wanted to play the Master System instead. Games such as Alex Kidd and Chop Lifter were really fun. I also enjoyed Out Run and Hang On. Oh and how can I forget Double Dragon. Since then I've owned pretty much all the consoles until recently. My favorite console besides the PS2 was the Dreamcast. I'm such a Dreamcast supporter I decided to go all out for this console. My all time favorite games on DC are Shenmue series and Sonic Adventure series.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
The ugly orange Dreamcast lolo.

EU logo was better!

Hahaa I I assume you have a EU Dreamcast? lol

KylieDog said:
Assyrian612 said:
KylieDog said:
The ugly orange Dreamcast lolo.

EU logo was better!

Hahaa I I assume you have a EU Dreamcast? lol

Yes I do.  If it was orange or red I would never have bought it.

So you would miss out on a legendary console bcuz of the color of the logo? lol

Post it up!

At least it's good to know you had a variety of games to play. Look at that list.. Sony, Sega, and Nintendo. Very nice indeed.

I don't really have a favorite console apart from the latest one (PS3). I guess it's because I came fairly late into consoles. My most gaming experience came from computers, the Commodore 64, Amiga and PC of course.

I guess I feel most nostalgic about the Commodore 64. And coin-op Arcades.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

I don't really have a favorite console apart from the latest one (PS3). I guess it's because I came fairly late into consoles. My most gaming experience came from computers, the Commodore 64, Amiga and PC of course.

Very very nice list, do you still game on computers? Yes the Commodore 64 is one old tech piece, but that just means it was special right? I saw one at my community college and my god it was nice to see how things looked back in the day. Salute to you my friend!

Slimebeast said:

Pretty much the same path here (played on ZX a lot too)  - though I had consoles also, they were always second class citizens when it came to my treatment towards them.

To celebrate good ol' breadbox, great arragment of probably the best tune from those days:

My favorite game console of all time would have to be the Dreamcast for sure. Sonic Adventure and Jet Grind Radio were awesome. Number two would have to be the SNES since it was the first game console I ever played as a child. First game I ever played was Super Mario World. I'm so glad to be a 90s kid and got to experience some of the greatest gaming moments during that decade. I wish I still had my old consoles but my mom doesn't want me having all these game systems laying around collecting dust so I sold them all. Wish I had pictures of them to show.

When I think about my favourite console this is what pops up first in my head:

This game techead me to love video games in general. That they can have something magical about them.

If I die, I want to get buried with a SM 64 cartridge lol!

Though I'm more of a Nintendo guy...

...I'm glad this little machine entered my life.

Love and tolerate.