By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will the Wii have as many consoles as the 360 in NA by March 9th?

Will they have sold as many as the 360 in NA my March 9th

It's Simple the name speaks for itself. A simple Yes or No will do :D

Around the Network

On march 9th probably not, but maybe by the end of the week Brawl is released.

Dont know
360 is still king here in america. with the boost of brawl and if theres weeks without shortages it could be possible before summer 08.

so... no

Yes or no answers aren't acceptable if the spam policy is interpreted strictly :)

That said...No.

I believe so. I mean look at the numbers now Wii at 9.02 million and the Xbox 360 at 10.72 million. That's 35 days between now and that goal with SSBB in the equation so I definitely think the Wii can make it (maybe even surpass it) to that goal.

Around the Network

Demand is there, but production is not. Maybe by end of March, more likely April sometimes.

Even though the 360 is only at 10.72 now, by March 9 it will be higher too.

As I'm sure some of you have heard me say in the past I use a bare minimum of 6 weeks to establish an emerging trend.

With that said the Wii needs to start stringing together consecutive weeks above 100k before we can make any serious predictions. But looking at the numbers as of now its about 1.7m behind the 360 in N.A. if we say the Wii gains 70k a week (360 @ 60k/week & Wii @130k/week) then it will be another ~24.3 weeks until it catches the 360 which would be the week ending July 28th before it catches the 360 and passes it.

That breakdown makes a lot of assumptions so expect it to change as the situation changes. Also feel free to adapt it for your own numbers if you want, I was just trying to put it into a rough ballpark range.

I'm somewhat curious what kind of weekly sales you guys are expecting for these March predictions? Seems a little far-fetched to me, but perhaps I am being too conservative in my estimates.

To Each Man, Responsibility

No. Not even if Nintendo diverted all it could produce in the next month only to NA. It might be possible if they could produce more, but they simply aren't.

Sqrl said:
As I'm sure some of you have heard me say in the past I use a bare minimum of 6 weeks to establish an emerging trend.

With that said the Wii needs to start stringing together consecutive weeks above 100k before we can make any serious predictions. But looking at the numbers as of now its about 1.7m behind the 360 in N.A. if we say the Wii gains 70k a week (360 @ 60k/week & Wii @130k/week) then it will be another ~24.3 weeks until it catches the 360 which would be the week ending July 28th before it catches the 360 and passes it.

That breakdown makes a lot of assumptions so expect it to change as the situation changes. Also feel free to adapt it for your own numbers if you want, I was just trying to put it into a rough ballpark range.

I'm somewhat curious what kind of weekly sales you guys are expecting for these March predictions? Seems a little far-fetched to me, but perhaps I am being too conservative in my estimates.

Yeah I was just about to say, if the Wii averages 50k more than the 360, it'll take 30 some weeks to get there, so doing it in a month seems pretty crazy. Now, the week Brawl is released will probably see extra units (at expense of Others and Japan), so it'll catch up faster that week, but if we say 60k a week, then in 5 weeks, at the launch of Brawl, that's an additional 300,000 up on the 360, so that means it's behind by 1.4 million. It'd have to sell A LOT of units to catch up to it right then. So I'd say the 360s lead is safe for now.

The front page currently shows that the 360 is 1.7m ahead in NA. WW Wii production is 1.8m per month. March 9 is 1 month and 4 days away. So the Wii would have to sell all its WW production in NA and the 360 would have to sell nothing at all in NA to match your goal.

Put simply, NO.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!