By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What Body Fat % is fat to you?

What's the highest % where a girl IS NOT FAT?

12% 12 5.22%

15% 11 4.78%

18% 15 6.52%

20% 30 13.04%

22% 24 10.43%

25% 60 26.09%

30% 47 20.43%

35% 21 9.13%

I'm a Chubby Chaser 9 3.91%

Total:229
Cobretti2 said:
think-man said:
12%

so you don't like boobs?

?

Around the Network
think-man said:
Cobretti2 said:
think-man said:
12%

so you don't like boobs?

?

a woman with only that much fat would have no boobs.

Cobretti2 said:
think-man said:
Cobretti2 said:
think-man said:
12%

so you don't like boobs?

?

a woman with only that much fat would have no boobs.

Lol this whole time I thought th OP was asking what % of fat YOU are xD my bad. My misses its probably 10- 12% tho and she has decent jugs

pezus said:
the2real4mafol said:

about 20% to 25%. I voted 25 as they aren't skinny or fat (men or women) They are just healthy. Anything below 15% is visually disgusting to me. Also, i would say i was about 25% body fat. 

But men look much better under 15% than women do. I'd say 10%+ for men is just fine. Less than 10 and we're talking fitness competition level.

Anything below 10% especially is just disgusting. They really are over toned freaks by then. a 6 pack is enough isn't it? Also, it may be me but muscles don't like right on a women. 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Michael-5 said:
Jay520 said:
Dpending on which picture you use...

25%-30% is when I would recommend losing weight, though I may not call them fat.
30-35% is where I would label them fat.

If you're not fat, why do you need to loose weight? Is overweight not fat anymore?

There should be a middleground between "fat" and the ideal range. There shouldn't be only an instant difference between "ideal" and "fat", since they describe two different extremes. It's a gradial spectrum. My definition of "fat" is based on a combination of health and what looks heathy. If someone's bodyfat level could potentially negatively affect their life, then I would label that person fat.

The ideal range is self-explanatory. The middleground is where a person's level of bodyfat is not harming their life, but if they lost some fat, they would look more attractive and/or be healthier.

It's all semantics.

Around the Network

I would probably have voted something like 27%/28%, but the option wasn't there so i ended up with 25%. Not all the pictures match up though, the girl in the blue zebra bikini at the top doesn't look like 30%.

Girls can go up to 20% without needing to get off the couch.

Guys should never exceed 15%.

And no, that is not starving yourself. If you actually do some physical activity through out the day you can eat plenty and stay in those limits.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

pezus said:
Chevinator123 said:
pezus said:

Would you look at that

this!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ calling girls @ 22%+ fat is just stupid

It's a skewed view, at least. I said 30-35% would be called fat based on the pics, so it's nice to see confirmation .

@Michael-5: Yes, you seem to think that as soon as you see some fat you should be called fat. That is just not how it's done. Being fat is being overweight (and not because of muscle) and being overweight is being unhealthy. The girls at or near 20% are nowhere near being unhealthy.

I dunno, I don't like how this classification has no marker between normal and obese, and how this classification only talks about the average, and not the ideal. There is an overweight catagory in BMI, and there should be here.

Also if you read the classifications, it doesn't define the ideal health weights for a girl. I think athletic girls (20-22%) and athletic guys (10-15%) are healthy weights, and that should be the normal. People larger then that have more weight then the ideal, and are thus overweight. People with less fat then this are less then the ideal, and thus underweight.

25-30% is the average according to this chart, and according to multiple medical accosiations 36% of Americans, and 18% of Canadians are Obese (more then fat). I think the average north american is overweight, and overweight is fat. I think our culture has just grown to accept fat people, and that sickens my mind to be honest. That Capitalistic companies profit off our poor choices in diets and bad health, and that we're learning to accept it instead of fight back.

Jay520 said:
Michael-5 said:
Jay520 said:
Dpending on which picture you use...

25%-30% is when I would recommend losing weight, though I may not call them fat.
30-35% is where I would label them fat.

If you're not fat, why do you need to loose weight? Is overweight not fat anymore?

There should be a middleground between "fat" and the ideal range. There shouldn't be only an instant difference between "ideal" and "fat", since they describe two different extremes. It's a gradial spectrum. My definition of "fat" is based on a combination of health and what looks heathy. If someone's bodyfat level could potentially negatively affect their life, then I would label that person fat.

The ideal range is self-explanatory. The middleground is where a person's level of bodyfat is not harming their life, but if they lost some fat, they would look more attractive and/or be healthier.

It's all semantics.

I agree, mostly.

I think people who are just slightly overweight are curvy. Girls can still be good looking curvy, but they don't have athletic, ideal bodies, so they are overweight.

I think your definition of fat is what I would call obese. If you're so overweight where it's causing you to develop health problems, then that's a serious health issue, and more then just appearance.

---

Anyway, these pictures are largely from an article which talk about the "normal" BFP. Normal is clearly above Ideal, and I was curious to see if people accept this. I know I don't, and it's hard for most people to accept my point of view because most people have a "normal" body wieght, which I consider to be overweight, since it's more then the ideal.

I think everyone with a solid mental capability should have an ideal body image. Why can't people? Why do people over-eat? I say this as someone who eats less then a girl 2/3rd my size, with a slow metabolism, and no problems staying skinny.

I don't mind if people want to be in the "normal" or accepted body fat range, but I would like them to accept that they are overweight, even if it's only slightly. Curvy isn't bad, more cushin for the pushin as they say.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:

I agree, mostly.

I think people who are just slightly overweight are curvy. Girls can still be good looking curvy, but they don't have athletic, ideal bodies, so they are overweight.

I think your definition of fat is what I would call obese. If you're so overweight where it's causing you to develop health problems, then that's a serious health issue, and more then just appearance.

---

Anyway, these pictures are largely from an article which talk about the "normal" BFP. Normal is clearly above Ideal, and I was curious to see if people accept this. I know I don't, and it's hard for most people to accept my point of view because most people have a "normal" body wieght, which I consider to be overweight, since it's more then the ideal.

I think everyone with a solid mental capability should have an ideal body image. Why can't people? Why do people over-eat? I say this as someone who eats less then a girl 2/3rd my size, with a slow metabolism, and no problems staying skinny.

I don't mind if people want to be in the "normal" or accepted body fat range, but I would like them to accept that they are overweight, even if it's only slightly. Curvy isn't bad, more cushin for the pushin as they say.

"fat", "overweight", etc. They are just labels with no inherent, precise meaning. You can label people what you like as long as it's not obviously inaccurate.

As a society, we should accept any weight that doesn't cause health problems.

I'm around 10% but i personally think for women 30% is pushing it and for men 20%.