By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wait, it's actually called Super Smash Bros. For 3DS/Wii U!? <(o_O<)

Do You Like The Name?

Yeah! 40 28.37%

Nah... 101 71.63%

Total:141
attaboy said:
Ljink96 said:
attaboy said:
Ljink96 said:
Take the "for" out. Plus, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is also known as Luigi's Mansion 2 so a name change might still be possible. I think that they should utilize the U while retaining a classy name. Like Super Smash Bros. Universe. Still, I worry about the game in general because the Wii U version was an afterthought and is based on the 3DS's limitations. I guess we'll have to wait forever it seems. 2014 is too long a wait!

Where did you hear that the Wii U version was an afterthought?  I mean, didn't they announce both at the same time even before the Wii U was revealed?

It's true. When Sakurai ended development on Kid Icarus: Uprising he wanted to explore the 3DS's capabilities even further. When Iwata asked Sakurai what console the next smash bros. would be on he originally said "3ds only" to "evolve" the series. Then sakurai ran into 3ds limitations quickly and realized how great Smash Bros. would look on a grand scale while eliminating some capability issues. And that is why we have 2 versions to further evolve Smash Bros. You can google Smash Bros 4/Wii U development and skim through articles. I'm posting on a 3DS so i cannot provide links as normal. sorry. :( I think Smash bros would have been better on Wii U only because now that time and resources are now being split between both versions. So things that the Wii U can easily pull off can't come to pass because its little, more popular brother can't do it. I hope content isn't skimpy because of this evolution.

No need for a link. I believe you.  Even so, Smash Bros isn't really the kind of game that benefits from horsepower.  I'm sure the Wii U version will look great but when you think of all the content the Wii version had, I think we'll be satisfied.  I mean, look at Playstation All Stars.  That game should have blown Super Smash Bros. on the Wii alone due to the comparably limitless power the PS3 had in comparison.  As long as its heavy on content, has good online (which Brawl didn't have at all), and a good selection of characters, fans should be satisfied.

That's the thing though. Brawl was the king of content because all time went into completing that game only. They could just add whatever they wanted without worrying if for example "the DS could handle it". Now, the Wii U version will most likely be held back because of 3DS because Sakurai stated that he wanted them to essentially be the same game. So even though Wii U might have 30 gallons of gas left to complete the race, if the 3DS only has 15 gallons... the race stops there.

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:

That's the thing though. Brawl was the king of content because all time went into completing that game only. They could just add whatever they wanted without worrying if for example "the DS could handle it". Now, the Wii U version will most likely be held back because of 3DS because Sakurai stated that he wanted them to essentially be the same game. So even though Wii U might have 30 gallons of gas left to complete the race, if the 3DS only has 15 gallons... the race stops there.

That's why companies like Namco are there to help out, it's been over 7 years since Brawl began it's development, Nintendo since then has restructured their internal development and had a massive recruitment drive to increase their output, they can do each version simultaneously with out as much hassle as before.

Wyrdness said:
Ljink96 said:

That's why companies like Namco are there to help out, it's been over 7 years since Brawl began it's development, Nintendo since then has restructured their internal development and had a massive recruitment drive to increase their output, they can do each version simultaneously with out as much hassle as before.

I sure hope so.

Mr Khan said:
The pun is there 4 those of us who speak and understand English. Super Smash Bros For Wii U. Super Smash Bros For 3DS.

but it's "for Nintendo 3DS", but not "for Nintendo WiiU".

I'm taking 10 points off for lack of consistency.

But hell, If I can beat the crap out of someone with Mario, I'm all good :3

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Ljink96 said:

I actually just figured that they need help the man power to get it done and all the other teams were busy or not ready for HD development.

That being said, the name falls in line with Nintendo sequels being sort of lazily titled. I should have figured rather then continue the nice tradition of combat related subtitles they would just go for something simple and uninspiring.

LilChicken22 said:
I really don't care about the name

I'm with him. Just give me the content!

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

I'm honestly surprised they didn't call it NEW Super Smash Bros. Wouldn't surprise me if they decided to reboot the franchise just like they've done with every other franchise.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Super Smash Brothers 4 U?? Hmmm... Clever...

Nintendo Wii by generations...

1. Wii

2. Wii U

3. Wii O U

Predictions made by gamers concerning the current Nintendo line up of games.

Pikmen 3= Little Bump to nothing. (Got Little Bump)

Wind Waker HD= Won't sell anything (The explosion happened here and at one time 4 Wii U games was in the Amazon top 100)

Super Mario 3D World= Won't help at all looks cheap. (Currently the most sought after Wii U game and continuing the Wii U increase.)

KHlover said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
superchunk said:

Probably already defined, but its called "Super Smash Bros 4"   for the Wii U and same but with 3DS for that console. See the number 4 in the "O"? Kinda like the fantastic four symbol.

Huh? I don't see it. That wouldn't be a good move anyway as the text for the word "for" is so small you'd barely be able to see it.

Supports my theory btw.

SSB fo(u)r WiiU/3DS

AH, I see it now. Hasn't that icon/logo thing looked the same for all Smash Bros. games though?