By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS PLUS - RUNS OUT - STILL PLAY GAMES? Question

walsufnir said:
What will happen to ps+ in the next years with PS3? I mean at some time the support for PS3 will fade so new games that get added will also fade out or it will only get old and/or crappy games but if you quit ps+ your games will also disappear. I think at some point it won't be worth the money but you have to pay to keep the games.
Are there any details how Sony will solve this?

The PS3 version of PSN+ will get good support. I mean the games you downloaded will still be in your histroy.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
What will happen to ps+ in the next years with PS3? I mean at some time the support for PS3 will fade so new games that get added will also fade out or it will only get old and/or crappy games but if you quit ps+ your games will also disappear. I think at some point it won't be worth the money but you have to pay to keep the games.

By it being one sub for all platforms, they will decrease the number of PS3 games and increase the number of PS4 ones or Vita ones if it magically becomes popular. 

stick with a wii u or pc and dont have to worry. plus if you go pc you can play games now for free that are coming late to ps4 with additional charges since you cannot do anything online without paying for..

Things like this are going to hurt sony in the long run. just too confusing for the average person, even sonys die hard dont even understand how it works. They think you get free games, you dont, you get what netflix members get. access as long as you pay. most wouldnt say netflix gives free movies but some how they think renting games means owning them... you cant access them without plus so they are not free

gooch_destroyer said:
walsufnir said:

The PS3 version of PSN+ will get good support. I mean the games you downloaded will still be in your histroy.

with no BC it wont matter. you wont be able to play them on ps4

Wright said:
Tomothebarbarian93 said:
Wright said:
AnarchyWest said:
No your PSN info is stored in Sony's servers.

Exactly. There's this "inner clock" whenever you're connected to the server. You just can't cheat like that.

So there's a clock where the ps3 always knows the right date which you can't mess with ?

When you are connected, yes. And you need to be connected to make use of Plus.

But you can play Psn plus games offline ?

Around the Network
walsufnir said:

Why would your games dissapear if you cancel your PS Plus subscription? Just go to download history or whatever it's called and they're all there.

Xenostar said:
walsufnir said:

By it being one sub for all platforms, they will decrease the number of PS3 games and increase the number of PS4 ones or Vita ones if it magically becomes popular.

I know but what if you don't want to buy a PS4? Or a Vita (not that unprobably...)? The value for PS3 will decrease while the amount of money you have to spend will not decrease.

ListerOfSmeg said:
gooch_destroyer said:
walsufnir said:

with no BC it wont matter. you wont be able to play them on ps4

He said "the PS3 version of PS+"....

KylieDog said:
When you download something from PS+ a timer is attached, doesn't matter if you disconnect from the internet, that timer and license is stored on the PS3. When it expires, it expires.

As to playing PS+ offline, this is fine as long as your subscription has not expired.

I don't know what you mean by this. I have games installed that i got for free with PS Plus that i downloaded 2-3 years ago and they still work. Some even kept working for a while after my subscription expired.

walsufnir said:
Xenostar said:
walsufnir said:

I know but what if you don't want to buy a PS4? Or a Vita (not that unprobably...)? The value for PS3 will decrease while the amount of money you have to spend will not decrease.

Unsubscribe.