By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If exclusives Swapped would the same people hating be praising?

Here's an example

Sunset overdrive

My god the game look horrible, but because it's from a a developer that made playstation exclusive, hype baby!

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
sales2099 said:

It would be the exact same thing if the exclusives swapped. We're all male cheerleaders in this regard.

But MGS5 not being praised half as much as MGS4. Take a guess why lol. Im looking at you PS fans......

How can you praise a game that isn't even out yet? I think the word you're looking for is "hyped"? 

I personally haven't seen much from MGS5 to get hyped for. Hiding behind a horse isn't very exciting to me.

riderz13371 said:
sales2099 said:

It would be the exact same thing if the exclusives swapped. We're all male cheerleaders in this regard.

But MGS5 not being praised half as much as MGS4. Take a guess why lol. Im looking at you PS fans......

How can you praise a game that isn't even out yet? I think the word you're looking for is "hyped"? 

I personally haven't seen much from MGS5 to get hyped for. Hiding behind a horse isn't very exciting to me.

Cmon do NOT play that card and act like MGS4 OMG PS3 EXCLUSIVE NOT ON XBOX 360 mentality didn't exist in record numbers.

Now........its just another multiplat. Only MGS fans are excited. PS fans on MGS5 = meh.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

JayWood2010 said:

@Jaywood

Not all games are praised just because they're exclusives, but there are some that are.  I feel Playstation fans give praise based on exclusivity less than 360 and Nintendo fans if you were to compare sales and how good the games actually are.   Playstation fans seem to praise more based on the games, less based on exclusivity.  PS3 sales compared to 360 sales and the amount of titles sold for example.  You've got the same amount of console owners and many of the exclusives haven't hit more than a few million for the PS3. 

Infamous 2 is easily one of the best first party exclusives this generation yet it's sold less than two million.  StarHawk, Twisted Metal, Siren the Blood Curse, and Playstation All Stars are only a few of the exclusives that have sold less than one million, so Playstation fans certainly aren't just purchasing titles simply because they're exclusive.  

On the other hand you can check out 360 first party or first party funded exclusives that aren't Kinect developed, most of them have received well over a million sales.  I constantly hear that Fable 3 is garbage and that's just under five million.

Yea Titanfall gets tons of praise but games like CoD do not get much praise. Infamous is getting tons of praise but Destiny is not. Watch Dogs getting a bunch of praise being MP but sunset overdrive is not being exclusive. So I really do not get the point in this thread at this point.

Around the Network
Farsala said:
Yea Titanfall gets tons of praise but games like CoD do not get much praise. Infamous is getting tons of praise but Destiny is not. Watch Dogs getting a bunch of praise being MP but sunset overdrive is not being exclusive. So I really do not get the point in this thread at this point.

yep. This guy gets it.

Farsala said:

If PS exclusives swapped with Xbox exclusives.....would PS fans still back the origional PS games or back the swapped ones because it just happens to be on PS?

I lean towards the latter.....we praise exclsuives regardless whether or not we actually are going to play them. Its praised because its on our console of choice, not because we want it.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Farsala said:

If PS exclusives swapped with Xbox exclusives.....would PS fans still back the origional PS games or back the swapped ones because it just happens to be on PS?

I lean towards the latter.....we praise exclsuives regardless whether or not we actually are going to play them. Its praised because its on our console of choice, not because we want it.

I think Halo fans are Halo fans just as KZ fans are KZ fans. Of course different numbers between the two. If one only owns one console then they probably would not be willing to switch as much. But if they had both consoles why would they not buy the swapped exclusive?

sales2099 said:
Farsala said:

Or maybe they are praised because they're simply good games. You don't see PlayStation fans praising Ratchet and Clank All 4 One just as you don't see Xbox fans praising Fable the Journey.

sales2099 said:
Farsala said:

We who?

look, my problem with this thread is that it is inherently insulting.
There are 360 games I love, and there are multiplats I love, and there are PS games I love, and there are Wii games I love (sorry wiiu :( jkjk)

Saying "we" includes me in your statement, but to me, that statement is calling me a fanboy, and I don't appreciate it.

My opinion is that no, things would not change (for me) if xbox and ps exclusives switched, provided that you also switched the consoles. People buy Playstation and Xbox because of the "feel" of their library. THere is a certain playstation style, and vice versa. If all our exclusives went to xbox, that's not fair to me, because I bought a ps to play those games. So I would be mad, because that means I'm now stuck with a library that doesn't really resonate with my taste.

However, if they were originally on xbox, then I would have bought an xbox, and then it wouldn't matter to me because I still have the games that I like. Look it really has nothing to do with exclusivity inherently, and everything to do with the games themselves.

Shit, last night I was playing fire emblem on a friend's 3ds and I was like, man I really need a 3ds. Do you HONESTLY believe that people don't think this way? That if fire emblem wasn't on vita I'd say it's shit? Thread is really insulting, and for the record, don't include me in your group.