By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If exclusives Swapped would the same people hating be praising?

bigd615 said:
I see I didn't answer the whole question... I believe exclusivity does get bashed/praised more. Everyone has a preference no matter how slight, even news outlets. With a preference a lot of people want others to see why they have the preference. Because of this exclusives are put on extremes while multiplats are somewhat ignored. For example, nobody argues over how Destiny makes one next gen console better than the other because Xbox and Playstation have it. However, you see some Sony supporters bashing Xbox 1 exclusives left and right for their flaws while Xbox fans say "You're just a jealous fanboy" and vice versa. So if people say a game is bad, some supporters will just say they're biased against it, but if some say a game is good, people will say they just like it because it's an exclusive.

Tl;dr multiplats don't make your console better than someone else's so the Internet doesn't care as much because the Internet is about being better than someone else (a lot of the time).

Great post XD  Very good explanation too.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
theprof00 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

It's a matter of point of view I guess. Let's take LittleBigPlanet, it's a platformer with bad bad bad controls and that's unforgivable to me so I do get the impression it gets praised just because it's an exclusive or at least that its flaws are overlooked because of it.

I would counter that it was the only game of it's type, and pretty much the first game of its type on consoles. I think the flaws get overlooked because of that. Kinda like how the wii controller flaws were overlooked because it was fun.

As long as we agree it got a free pass, I'm happy.

Hmm, yeah I guess I can agree....though on one side of the pcture, one would say that you are saying it got a free pass because fanboys pushed it. Which I don't think is a very good angle to be on, Trucks. Especially since I made the official LBP thread.

theprof00 said:
JayWood2010 said:
theprof00 said:

We talked about the old infamous and killzone a lot?

ANd who the fuck is talking about Ryse? I've seen like 2 threads about it, and the only other times mentioned are when threads about which specific exclusive is someone purchasing.

Also, the division hasn't been shown off a lot, it's easy to miss. Wasn't even shown at any of the conferences.

We have seen more gameplay from the Division than most exclusives.  And Ryse has a lot of threads.  You are more than welcome to look them up yourself.

My personal opinion? You want to use some other games as examples, but are refraining for some reason.

Only examples?  I could go on with games that are ignored on forums easily and these are usually multiplatform.  

Once again, answer the question to the thread and stop trying to argue for the sake of arguing.  I would also recommend not being so agressive next time.

I agree, I am getting sick at all these Titanfall praise.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Look at Bayonetta according to all the nintendo fans it was just an oversexualise pile of shit before Nintendo saved the sequel.

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:

Only examples?  I could go on with games that are ignored on forums easily and these are usually multiplatform.  

Once again, answer the question to the thread and stop trying to argue for the sake of arguing.  I would also recommend not being so agressive next time.

You thread is a rhetorical question, nothing more.

I just gave you a great response and you ignore it because it doesn't fit your vision for this thread starting enough shit.
Games get threads because there are people who like the game. Perhaps some people do in fact like games because they're exclusive, but we also know that a lot of these games just have a general style that people enjoy/make full use of system functions/push limits/are made by a dev that just happens to be exclusive.

In the end, the answer is just extremely vague....which is "possibly, though the extent can't be known".

What is more important to your thread is that you have examples. You say you could go on and on, so let's have it then. Let's see you go on and on about how this happens.

PS: Have you played last of us yet?

Mr Khan said:

Without Blue Shells, the system is rigged in favor of player 1, because he or she can usually (Mario Kart DS was the exception here) defend against Red Shells and then has nothing else to worry about except the driving. All positions after that have to worry about the driving *and* the other players.

Blue Shells create statistical anomalies that we all remember more vividly than how the best player usually wins most of his/her races (all of us being "the best player" if we play in single player at some point), so the minority of races or Cups that we each have lost due to an ill-timed Blue Shell make us more bitter about those items.

A legitimate gripe about the Blue Shell that Nintendo has finally rectified was in Double Dash, DS, and Wii, where the shell grew wings and would *only* hurt the 1st-place-racer, and maybe numbers two and three if everyone was jockeying for position at the moment of impact. That made it an item that was useless for the caster outside of the purposes of spite (while still serving its role in making sure player 1 always has some pressure on them). Kart 7 made it low-flying again, so there's a decent chance of it ramming other people out of the way for you.

Not just blue shells.  First place has 0% chance of  getting anything in Mario Kart 64 and beyond other than green shells, banana peels, and bombs.  You have the chance to get any item while in second place and the chance only increases the further back in rank you are.  Sandbagging so you can continue getting good items and holding onto them and then pulling into first place at the end and using the good item you've got to guarantee your victory isn't very fun.

Yes  it's a family friendly game, but what's the point in having competitive multiplayer if you have to purposefully play worse to guarantee a win?  

The only other game I've played that does this same thing is Split/Second, where first place is at a disadvantage on tracks with two or more shortcuts since it takes a full bar to activate a shortcut, so after first place activates a shortcut, players following first place get to use the shortcut or activate the second shortcut while first place is already within the shortcut.  The difference between Split/Second and Mario Kart is that it's something they overlooked with Split/Second while with Mario Kart the game is designed to penalize the winning player.

theprof00 said:
JayWood2010 said:

I just gave you a great response and you ignore it because it doesn't fit your vision for this thread starting enough shit.
Games get threads because there are people who like the game. Perhaps some people do in fact like games because they're exclusive, but we also know that a lot of these games just have a general style that people enjoy/make full use of system functions/push limits/are made by a dev that just happens to be exclusive.

In the end, the answer is just extremely vague....which is "possibly, though the extent can't be known".

What is more important to your thread is that you have examples. You say you could go on and on, so let's have it then. Let's see you go on and on about how this happens.

He reviewed it.

theprof00 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
theprof00 said:

I would counter that it was the only game of it's type, and pretty much the first game of its type on consoles. I think the flaws get overlooked because of that. Kinda like how the wii controller flaws were overlooked because it was fun.

As long as we agree it got a free pass, I'm happy.

Hmm, yeah I guess I can agree....though on one side of the pcture, one would say that you are saying it got a free pass because fanboys pushed it. Which I don't think is a very good angle to be on, Trucks. Especially since I made the official LBP thread.

I'd say it's a bit of both. Some forgive its flaws because it's a new genre and it's innovative and others will hail it as the best platformer ever just because it's an exclusive.

Signature goes here!

theprof00 said:
JayWood2010 said:

.....One more post off-topic like this and i will report you for derailment.

First off this thread is not intended for starting shit.  You are the only one arguing here so that would be you and you alone.

Yes I have played the Last of Us.  One of the best games i have ever played and I have already reviewed it.  Once again not sure how this is on topic.  If you want me to make you a list send me a pm instead of whatever it is you are doing here. I for one am going out and I will be back later.