By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: No Xbox One in Japan this Year: “Tier 2 Country”

haxxiy said:
tres said:
lol like its that big of a deal. i mean shouldnt you sell it in countries that actually want to buy it first? hell if americans were turn off by it do you think hiroshima would want it more than the last?

The problem isn't the late launch here as much as the language. 'Tier 2' just sounds awful and disrespectful. Microsoft's PR have been shit of late.

Japanese will hold a grudge on this too, that definitely was not the proper wording that he could have used. Microsoft did try in Japan, but the fact is they will never win or gain any significant leverage over there on Sony/Nintendo.

Around the Network

Expected really.

They need as much stock for the Western launch as possible.

Not the first one to say this but indeed, calling Japan a tier 2 country isn't exactly flattering. Oh well, from the guys that brought us, 'no internet-buy a 360' it isn't a really big surprise.
Come MS at least give people the IDEA that you care...

I hope the word "tier" translates well into Japanese because it sounds really disrespectful.

Do they have a tier 4? Japan is more like tier 4.

Around the Network

So it's possible neither next gen system will be hitting Japan this year? Interesting indeed.

Only MS would call Japan a "Tier 2 country", though. Try telling that to Nintendo or Sony, or countless of your 3rd party devs!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Since neither console is region locked- one could just import it.

Weird way to categorize countries.

Who cares

How disrespectful....I guess the Japanese see it as a Tier -10 console.