By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Calling it now. The PS4 will outsell the Xbone 4:1!!

gooch_destroyer said:
Wright said:

You keep mentioning only Gears of War and Halo; just to let you know: before making such a comment, realize that a) Gears of War isn't first-party and b) There are more exclusives than those two.

Fine, Wright! Fozra, Banjo Fable, dance central and some random ass kinct games.

What about Condemned, Dead Rising, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Alan Wake, Left 4 Dead on consoles, Magna Carta 2 and Tales of Vesperia? e_e

Around the Network
lxhizy said:

lmao

the only ones worth mentioning are Forza and Fable in that case, but they don't sell that well. :P

You're kidding, right? You should check Fable's sales.

lxhizy said:
gooch_destroyer said:
Wright said:
lxhizy said:

@Tuscaniman99

The only thing XBOX has that Playstation doesn't (at the moment) is an outstanding online service, but you have to pay for it, and in the case of the one vs ps4, the xbox live service is more expensive than the plus, and it is not better than the plus neither.

About the exclusives, Sony has a lot of them while MS still need to "prove" that they can dominate the first-party market, you may prefer Gears of War or Halo than Infamous, Killzone or God of War, but unlike you, there are people on the other side.

About this "casuals" you say, both consoles will drop prices, do you actually think that the xbox prices will drop to 100 dollars while the ps4 will stay the same? both consoles have a huge "casual" market, and while xbox has the Kinect, playstation has the PS Move.

AND I don't blame you for getting an Xbox over a PlayStation, if you like the console it's your money and you decide what to do with it, I just give you my point of view, and I ask you to be realistic more than optimistic.

You keep mentioning only Gears of War and Halo; just to let you know: before making such a comment, realize that a) Gears of War isn't first-party and b) There are more exclusives than those two.

Fine, Wright! Fozra, Banjo Fable, dance central and some random ass kinct games.

lmao

the only ones worth mentioning are Forza and Fable in that case, but they don't sell that well. :P

Forza sold well....

Damn, I'm turning into an old man. Replying people who derails thread xD

@Blood_Tears
Yes because launch holiday is a measuring stick for the lifetime of the consoles. Both consoles will sell out at launch and amount sold will only be determined by amount of consoles manufactured. We won't know who will win until we are at least 3-4 years into the generation and even then it may be too close to call.

Around the Network
Wright said:
gooch_destroyer said:
Wright said:

What about Condemned, Dead Rising, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Alan Wake, Left 4 Dead on consoles, Magna Carta 2 and Tales of Vesperia? e_e

I forgot about those too. lol

Don't be dissin' my Rikku.

dsgrue3 said:
2:1 at best.

As is repeated over and over again: the average consumer is not like us.

that's what is commonly believed but the Amazon pole was at about 22 to 1 before it was closed early.  That was before DRM reversal but bad will still remains from that and of course PS4 has a number of advantages still in its pocket.  Also Jimmy Fallon's audience isn't hardcore gamers and they applauded it so maybe we're not quite so fringe as we're told.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

gooch_destroyer said:
Wright said:

I forgot about those too. lol

Don't be dissin' my Rikku.

RIKKU SUCKS!

tuscaniman99 said:
@lxhizy
PS Move might as well be discontinued. Casuals don't know about it and it's not bundled in every box. MS can afford to take the financial hit if they need to and can match the PS4 price at any time with Kinect bundled. The Xbox One also has more media functions which will appeal to casuals along with Kinect.

and again, No. That's one of the most ridiculous reasons i've read of why MS will outsell Sony, first of all, PEOPLE DOES KNOW WHAT THE PS MOVE IT IS, even though they call it "Playstation kinect" sometimes, I know it because I worked on a videogames retail, and you don't know how much the ps move actually sells... and no, the xbox one won't have more media functions than the ps4 lol.

tuscaniman99 said:
@lxhizy
PS Move might as well be discontinued. Casuals don't know about it and it's not bundled in every box. MS can afford to take the financial hit if they need to and can match the PS4 price at any time with Kinect bundled. The Xbox One also has more media functions which will appeal to casuals along with Kinect.

and again, No. That's one of the most ridiculous reasons i've read of why MS will outsell Sony, first of all, PEOPLE DOES KNOW WHAT THE PS MOVE IT IS, even though they call it "Playstation kinect" sometimes, I know it because I worked on a videogames retail, and you don't know how much the ps move actually sells... and no, the xbox one won't have more media functions than the ps4 lol.