By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WiiU is a generation ahead the Wii.

Is the WiiU a generation ahead from the Wii

Yes, cause HD, RAM, GPU, online... 254 69.97%

No, cause I hate Nintendo. 30 8.26%

Chinese food is way bette... 79 21.76%

Total:363

Oh god, if you people are so worried about graphics, WHY are you even gaming on a console? PC makes them all look horrible, it's a no contest.

As for the Wii U, I got sold earlier today when I watched the trailer for the new Donkey Kong, great Art and Sound. :)
I predict I'll be horrible at it though, last platformer I played was (lol) Donkey Kong on the SNES, but I would also appreciate the off-screen play while in bed.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Soleron said:
Aquietguy said:

I was just joking but the pad is one of the best moves Nintendo has made. There's three reasons why it's not selling.

1) The heavy hitters haven't been released and the lack of games.

2) The poor advertising to the casuals.

3) the anti Nintendo bias from haters.

Do you really beleave that they should have stayed with the Wii? The hater would really be going to town. But you know as well as I that the real reason for all the hate on the pad is because Nintendo created it. Had Sony did those same hates would be praising it like there is no tommoro.

The pad is just stupid. Explain to me the uses of it in game such that people who weren't going to buy the console will buy it.

It increased the console price by $100! Are you really saying people would have paid $100 for a Pad if it was standalone? If not, it's not worth it.

The "heavy hitters" will make it sell like a Gamecube. Even with Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Smash, Kart, I think you'd consider 20m a huge disappointment.

The lack of games is the biggest factor.. but there are actually a lot of games on the system. Just not ones people want to buy. And a large part of that is the Pad being shoehorned everywhere.

Bias from haters doesn't affect console sales at all, stop thinking like that.

The real reason for the hate on the pad is because it's a terrible idea! If Sony made it, they really wouldn't make it compulsory, and then it would die as many hardware accessories have.

bolded: lol, $50 tops. unless you think wii u would cost only a little more than x360 even though it has lots of more RAM, edram, much more expensive gpu/cpu ...

Zero999 said:

bolded: lol, $50 tops. unless you think wii u would cost only a little more than x360 even though it has lots of more RAM, edram, much more expensive gpu/cpu ...

Miyamoto: PS4/Xbox One "easily $100 more if they came with Gamepad"

http://techland.time.com/2013/06/18/shigeru-miyamoto-apologizes-for-wii-u-game-delays-says-the-best-is-nearly-here

The direct replacement Wii U Pad cost in Japan out of warranty is also ~$100.

Soleron said:
Zero999 said:

http://techland.time.com/2013/06/18/shigeru-miyamoto-apologizes-for-wii-u-game-delays-says-the-best-is-nearly-here

first of all, the link doesn't open. anyway it's like talking to a wall, the only way for the gamepad to cost $100 is at retail price with profits. It should cost at maximun $70 to manufacture vs 20-25 dollars for a regular controler. so if wii u had a regular controller instead of the gamepad, the difference in cost would only be about $50.

Serious_frusting said:
Gnac said:
Serious_frusting said:

Thats was gonna be my reply to this thread.

I knew this was gonna be your reply to this thread.

oh god am i that predictable?

I do enjoy my Wii though. Its the only console that actually stays in my living room. I am somewhat confused by the Wii-U. Why would nintendo bring out another "underpowered" console after the backlash they got from the Wii. Wii-U should come down in price, its out of the price range from the market Nintendo created for themselfs.

wii was underpowered wii u isn't. it's less powerfull than future competitors but that's it.

Around the Network
FarleyMcFirefly said:
RolStoppable said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
Well if you only owned a Wii the Wii u will blow you away with its graphics,
but us ps3 and 360 owners are not amused

I only owned a Wii, but the Wii U's graphics are pretty lame.

R u kidding me? God how much of a graphics whore does everybody need to be.  Everybody is so damned spoiled that nothing is ever enough anymore.  Wii U's graphics are pretty good.

You must think PS3 and 360's graphics are lame too then.

By the time PS5/Xbox 4 rolls around, suddenly the Ps4's graphics will be "lame".

God graphics whores are annoying.

There are way too many haters on this site.

I know. they act like something superior magically transforms what already exists into something worse. wii graphics are really good and the ps360 being way superior doesn't change that. Wii u's graphics are amazing and ps4/xone being marginally superior won't change that either.

Wiiu is a genration ahead of Wii....because, yeah, the WiiU is the Wii successor.

I mean.......this isn't rocket science.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I completely agree that the wiiU is a generation ahead of the wii. To bad the wii isn't a current gen console. It's between ps2 gen and this gen.

Zero999 said:
Soleron said:
Zero999 said:

first of all, the link doesn't open. anyway it's like talking to a wall, the only way for the gamepad to cost $100 is at retail price with profits. It should cost at maximun $70 to manufacture vs 20-25 dollars for a regular controler. so if wii u had a regular controller instead of the gamepad, the difference in cost would only be about $50.

So you admit the difference in retail cost is $100. Therefore, I am not wrong in saying that it made the Wii U cost $100 more.

The link does open for me. I'm sure you can search around for another link if it doesn't for you. In it Miyamoto clearly states what I said. Is he wrong?

Are you some kind of electronics teardown expert that knows for sure it's $50 or $70 instead of $100? If not, please defer to the two pieces of evidence I have provided, versus the zero pieces of evidence you have provided.

"Because you think it can't be $100" is not evidence.

lt_dan_27 said:

I completely agree that the wiiU is a generation ahead of the wii. To bad the wii isn't a current gen console. It's between ps2 gen and this gen.

the bullshit haters say...

it's remarakble -___-