By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - So, I just became an EU citizen. (Croatia's EU entry)

Tagged games:

I'm from Belgium. We are one of the founding members of the European union, which was in 1952 apparently. I'm very pro European union.

Around the Network
Wright said:
LemonSlice said:
sub-zero-TM said:
You're from Croatia? :D

Yes. I visit Austria a couple of times a year

Come to Spain one day!

TBH, Spain isn't on my priority list of countries to visit. :(

But I'll keep my options open, and maybe I'll let you try and sell me on the country when the time comes.

Just when every other member wants to un-become one.

EU is ok I guess. Gives people new possibilities that I want to take advantage of soon, but also has some significant disadvantages. Of course it's dreadful to see just how much money is completely wasted on every step, but I guess no system is perfect.
The bottom line is it depends on you if you're gonna benefit from it or not. You can really help your country develop or you can just waste the potential and become sheep for the rich countries (like our current government has been doing it the last few years).

My take on EU is that it's ok to be in, but I'm against the adoption of Euro in my country and against a much closer integration. I think it would only benefit the strongest and richest countries, so there really is no point in us (the poorer countries) doing this.

All in all - welcome in :) It's better to be here than outside, but this is no Promissed Land.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

routsounmanman said:
Just when every other member wants to un-become one.

But in Croatia we roll different. We swim against the stream and occasionally fight the serbian people. This is our way of life

Around the Network

Welcome. Now send your money to greek.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

LemonSlice said:
sub-zero-TM said:

Yes. I visit Austria a couple of times a year, lovely country. Done lots of skiing there, and some hiking.

Thanks for all your thoughts so far.

i bas kada posmislim da sam jedini ti se pojavis

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

kljesta64 said:
LemonSlice said:
sub-zero-TM said:

Yes. I visit Austria a couple of times a year, lovely country. Done lots of skiing there, and some hiking.

Thanks for all your thoughts so far.

i bas kada posmislim da sam jedini ti se pojavis
(translation: just when I thought I was the only one you show up)

This has quickly turned into a real roll call, hasn't it? :D

Nice, well, it's lovely if you are visiting Europe and there are no borders to go to Croatia, where I still haven't been.

Danke Deutschland, meine Seele brennt!
Danke Deutschland, für das liebe Geschenk.
Danke Deutschland, vielen Dank,
wir sind jetzt nicht allein,
und die Hoffnung kommt in das zerstörte Heim.