By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which next-gen game is the graphics king?

green_sky said:
Deyon said:

Pikmin 3? Mario Kart 8? Are you freaking kidding me??!?!!

I wasn't kidding but you have to ask the other people. If graphics just means high polygon counts than i guess tech analysis would be the way to go. Graphics to me are combination of art direction and fidelity. That is why i mentioned Mario Kart 8 and Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

Me and you are different then. A game like MGSV looks more impressive and realistic than Mario Kart 8.

Calling Mario Kart 8 graphics king sounds weird, when you look at the games that are on PS4/Xbox One.

And yes, graphics means high polygon counts to me.

Around the Network
Deyon said:

Me and you are different then. A game like MGSV looks more impressive and realistic than Mario Kart 8.

And yes, graphics means high polygon counts to me.

Gotcha. Than there is hardly any debate. Some person at Digital Foundary will run analysis and say Division was best as it was doing things we can't pronounce without stuttering and grinning at the same time. 

But yes we do have different definitions despite enjoying Naughty Dog's take on graphics this gen. A mix of art direction, motion capture and polygons to enhance the gameplay experience. 

Can't wait to see next gen Jak & Daxter :)

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

The Witcher III: Wild Hunt. MGSV is a close second.

X wins the art design award, since nobody else seems to be trying except for a few indie games. Here's a tip, developers - when making a trailer for an open world game, try to show off as much wonderful variety as possible. This exact issue is why I greatly preferred Kingdoms of Amalur over Skyrim.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

MGSV or FFXV

Around the Network

Witcher 3

@cgi did you really just double quote me to say basically the same thing twice?

The PC difference probably has more to do with MS performance stability. A stable 30FPS can look as good if not better than a game with 60FPS... frames per second is not everything, and the human eye doesn't really see beyond 30fps anyways...

Talal said:

papamudd said:
@cgi did you really just double quote me to say basically the same thing twice?

The PC difference probably has more to do with MS performance stability. A stable 30FPS can look as good if not better than a game with 60FPS... frames per second is not everything, and the human eye doesn't really see beyond 30fps anyways...

100% false

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=-nU2_ERC_oE&feature=endscreen

the difference is not noticeable to the naked eye...

Talal said:

hmm I dunno I didn't see a difference between any two sets that were close on the screen. I had checked a couple of different comparisons before posting the vid and in neither did I notice a difference, nor do I on the sight you posted... :/

I've been drinking a lil bit tho so maybe it is slowing my vision currently? I'll take another look at those vids and the link you posted later.

Talal said: