By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which next-gen game is the graphics king?

Star Citizen needs to be mentioned just for the sheer polygon counts, where-as current generation console models have 10's of thousands of Polygons, Star Citizen's ships are hitting the Millions in the upper-end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpgUuGunU0o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBef4GUdUuk

Even thinking of upgrading my GPU's to Triple-Titans to run it at 60fps. (If it gets released before AMD's next gen cards)

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Infamous Second Son for now. Maybe Dead Rising 3 and Metal Gear Solid V are up there too

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

MGSV

However, X on the wii u looks really good taken by the fact that it's a wii u game, and not PS4/One

So far - Crysis 3 :P

battlefield 4 PC edition, no doubts about it. Closely followed by Rome 2 on PC.
Xbox and PS are due to be behind a generation on graphics yet again.

PC gaming Master race! :D

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Around the Network
Necromunda said:

The Division was running on a PS4.

Nope

"Among the finest graphical showpieces at E3 - operated by a PS4 controller but, Ubisoft told us, running off a high-end PC - The Division utilises the firm's new Snowdrop in-house engine developed for next-gen machines."

http://www.t3.com/reviews/tom-clancys-the-division-review

Unless you think Ubisoft reps lied

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

From the vision we've seen? The Division, Forza 5, Ryse and inFamous look good. It's pretty pointless though. We won't find out till November or later.

Minecraft Xbox One Edition.......

curl-6 said:
DevilRising said:
I'm fairly confident that when we finally see "Zelda U" unveiled, many pants shall be shat. It gets my preemptive vote.

I doubt it; every Nintendo Wii U game so far except for X has been graphically lazy, I expect Zelda U to be the same, and worse yet, to be toon. *Vomits*

Lol You can't be serious. You actually expect Nintendo be "graphically lazy"? While Mario 3D World doesn't blow any minds, it hardly looks lazy. And Mario Kart 8 looks fantastic, one of the best "next gen" games I've seen for any system. And that was early footage. I don't care for Bayonetta, but B2 also looks very good. X is hardly the only impressive looking Wii U game. I am confident that Zelda U, regardless of it's art style, will be drop dead fucking gorgeous. And no, I don't believe it's going to have  a toon-shaded style.

DevilRising said:
curl-6 said:
DevilRising said:
I'm fairly confident that when we finally see "Zelda U" unveiled, many pants shall be shat. It gets my preemptive vote.

I doubt it; every Nintendo Wii U game so far except for X has been graphically lazy, I expect Zelda U to be the same, and worse yet, to be toon. *Vomits*

Lol You can't be serious. You actually expect Nintendo be "graphically lazy"? While Mario 3D World doesn't blow any minds, it hardly looks lazy. And Mario Kart 8 looks fantastic, one of the best "next gen" games I've seen for any system. And that was early footage. I don't care for Bayonetta, but B2 also looks very good. X is hardly the only impressive looking Wii U game. I am confident that Zelda U, regardless of it's art style, will be drop dead fucking gorgeous. And no, I don't believe it's going to have  a toon-shaded style.

I absolutely think 3D World is graphically lazy. It looks bland and detail-less as hell. Bayonetta 2 does look good, but that's not being developed by Nintendo. Mario Kart 8 does look nice, I'll give you that, but NSMBU, Smash Bros, 3D World, Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, all fall far short of what should be possible on them system. Nintendo clearly aren't trying on the graphical front.