By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This is why Playstation Plus is better then xboxlive!

Peacefront said:
PS3 has so many better values compared to 360

I would have agreed to this about 6 months ago but MS has really improved their deals (probably because of PS+) and now I regularly see pretty good deals on the 360 every week

Around the Network
RareglovE said:
Is it me or all of you sony fanboys blinded here. Lets think rationally here, with PSN+ your games are rented, u know "RENTED" which means u dont get to keep it forever. after your Plus expires you still need to renew the subscription again to play those games.
Where as X live you get to keep your games forever and even if your live is expired you can still play your games.

i dont understand the fanyboyisum thats happening on this site.

I am not fanboy at all, sony offered me 50-60 games for rent during a year for 50 dollars, I thought it is a good deal and bought Plus. Now I have 60 rented games for years and years, after 2 years I will have played 130+ games for 100 dollars. It is a rent, but a payed 0,70U$D to rent each game, FOR TWO YEARS.

Go to a blockbuster and propose that: Hey dude, how about you rent me LittleBigPlanet 2 for 2 YEARS for 70 cents?

The dude will kick you out of the store.

Do you really think this is a bad deal?

I mean, as a rent, as a bunch of games you can play...

PSN Plus is a service, and as a service I think it is a very good one. Also, they give CRAZY DISCOUNTS, like, I have paid 1 or 2 dollars for 15 dollars games. these ones I can keep forever. And, as a good service, like Netflix, for instance, I intend to keep using it.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Xbox live was a great online service for consoles before psn+ started. Now psn+ is the king of console online service. The value of psn+ is tremendous.

tres said:

better is a subjective word but yeah that is a +1 on the ps side or +64 lol.. also its not really a collection if you cant actually keep it if you cancel your subscription.  

lol its funny tho.  sony is giving them to ALL ps+  owners all these  games for free.  but ps fans couldnt imagine  ms family share plan letting ONLY10 people play.

lol... i have plus i dont buy ps games outside of a very select few exclusives.  so yeah ps+ > live in this aspect.

dat selective fanboyism

Wow, that's a really weak argument.  For the family share plan (if it even worked like some believed), 10 people could share the same game.  The devs saw no extra money from that.  Of course, Sony had a similar setup, but only with 5 people.  What happened?  Devs demanded it be lowered.  If you don't think they same thing would have happened with family share, you're dreaming.

As for PS Plus, do you honestly think Sony is just stealing the dev's game code and giving them to Plus members?  Lol, if you do.  No, Sony is giving them a piece of the pie.  They either give them money based on how many times their games are downloaded or, and this is how I think it's done, they give each dev/publisher a certain amount of every subscriber's payment.  So, say a dev says it's cool to put their game on Plus, Sony probably gives them ~$.25 for every member of Plus.  And they probably also give like ~$.05 for every game that receives a Plus discount.  This means that Sony keeps about half of the money from the sub fee (or ~$25M for every 1M Plus subscribers), while a dev can get ~$250K for every 1M Plus subscribers if they offer their game for free, and ~$50K if they offer there game at a discount.  So, it's a win for Sony, the dev/publisher, and the gamer.

Wonktonodi said:
Nsanity said:
Those games aren't for keeps though, their for rent.

just like the services on live aren't forever. you stop paying you stop getting the service.

but onlike other rental services you never have to return anything, the collection just keeps growing.

From my perspetive the games are more of a value to me than the extra services that live offers beyond ps+ , however I totally see the value in live as well.

No but the games they will offer will be free forever! 

I can play this game 100 years in the future, good luck with your psn games after you stop paying. 

"Free" games as long as you keep paying!

Around the Network

LMAO @ the thought of MS hardware lasting 100 years...

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

That's a really great service. I'm surprised MS has done nothing to try to compete with this service for so long.
Also, I don't understand this argument of owning or renting games. For me, once I've played the game, I won't play it again so renting the game doesn't make a difference.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

veritaz said:
Goatseye said:

I don't like PlayStation first party. How do you counter that? Silly.

I just got Alan Wake for $5, free fable to keep not rented.

Not liking first party games isn't really a counter because it's a preference, that in no way proves one service is better over the other.
Besided, those 64 games aren't all first party so that is a useless thing to say. Oh and I got Alan Wake for $5 on steam as well, same with fable. Since XboxLive started giving 2 free games out a month that's a good start, they are just way behind considering the games are wayyyyy old and they only give 2 a month. While they are yours to keep they are nothing compared to getting 5-7 newer games that everyone hasn't already gotten years ago or at $5. Currently standing PS+>xboxlive by a long shot. Still waiting for a real counter from you.

It is a counter to me. I don't see a reason to switch to PS3.

I never argued that XBL is better for everybody. But to me it is...

MoHasanie said:
That's a really great service. I'm surprised MS has done nothing to try to compete with this service for so long.
Also, I don't understand this argument of owning or renting games. For me, once I've played the game, I won't play it again so renting the game doesn't make a difference.

I like to collect games. I never sell my games, because I only buy what I really like and enjoy playing countless of hours.

papamudd said:
LMAO @ the thought of MS hardware lasting 100 years...

No piece of hardware can last that long