By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This is why Playstation Plus is better then xboxlive!

arcane_chaos said:
HesAPooka said:
The only down side to PS+ is not having enough time to play all the games.

or enough space! PS+ is killing my 160gb PS3 :p

You said it. I've been meaning to upgrade my harddrive but I keep putting it off.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Around the Network
DeadBigfoot21 said:

No but the games they will offer will be free forever! 

I can play this game 100 years in the future, good luck with your psn games after you stop paying. 

"Free" games as long as you keep paying!

I enjoyed those 64 games and finished them at the time for free. That's the point of this service.

$50 and you get 64 full games, discounts, early demos, and other free stuff. Are you seriously trying to turn that into something bad?

Adobo said:
I usually wait 2-3 years then head to bargain bin to a copy of Ps3 game for $9.99 or less Brand New :) The fk with rentals and paid subscription.

Do you never sell games? If you bought a game for £40, you'd probably get £30 for it if you sold it quickly. In other words you rented that game for £10. If you bought a second hand game for £10, you'd probably get about £2 when you sold it, which means you rented that game for £8. Divide £40 by 64 to find out how much you rent games for on PS+. (it's actually about 62p per game)

Of course the difference is that if you pay £40 the following year for PS+, you have a collection of 128 games, but if you sold your games you would have 0 games

If you buy 64 games a year and keep them, then fair enough. IMPRESSIVE collection!

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Adobo said:
I usually wait 2-3 years then head to bargain bin to a copy of Ps3 game for $9.99 or less Brand New :) The fk with rentals and paid subscription.

Do you never sell games? If you bought a game for £40, you'd probably get £30 for it if you sold it quickly. In other words you rented that game for £10. If you bought a second hand game for £10, you'd probably get about £2 when you sold it, which means you rented that game for £8. Divide £40 by 64 to find out how much you rent games for on PS+.

If you buy 64 games a year and keep them, then fair enough.

Exactly I hate the rental argument. Less than $1 to have the game for a year. Its also nice for trying games u dont know u will like, if I buy a game at retail and it sucks, its doubtful I can get that money back but if ur only spending $1 for that game its not a big deal.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Exactly I hate the rental argument. Less than $1 to have the game for a year. Its also nice for trying games u dont know u will like, if I buy a game at retail and it sucks, its doubtful I can get that money back but if ur only spending $1 for that game its not a big deal.

And it's incremental because of the accrued collection: For the first year it's 64p per game, for the second year it's 32p per game and by the third year it's 15p per game. And what's more, if you rented a game from a rental shop, you'd only get a week with that game. Let them argue it's a rental service, that's fine by me.

This is what it costs to play a game for a year on PS+:

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

The one's trying to downplay PS+ are the same ones so heavily invested in their Xbones and Live accounts that they've let them blind themselves.

I've been renting games since my SNES days $8/3 days/1 game. This service lets me get 64 times the games at 7 times the cost amongst things such as discounts, cloud storage, game demos, etc. All while never having to worry about leaving my house to pick up or return the game.

XBLG, on the other hand, only recently started giving out free games. However, this will only last until the end of the year.

"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire

Platinumed Destiny, Vanquish, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Catherine, and Metal Gear Rising. Get on my level!!

Get your Portable ID!                                                                                     

arcane_chaos said:
war coming in 3...2...1...

Why would there be a fight?  This site is 80% Playstation/Wii.

Most of us who prefer Xbox have sailed off to other waters where the excessive attacks, preferential treatment and closeminded fanboyism isn't nearly as bad.

I can barely find the energy to debate here anymore because everything just has to be Playstation or Wii.

Guys, PS+ is an amazing service. There will always be people trying to downplay it because of any reason. The fact that MS is following suit with its own Live service just goes to show that the service is successful. Consumers have only to profit off of it and will continue to do so.

If people want to downplay a way by which you can try out over 60 games per year for a very small price each, then let them. They will not be swayed by arguments, they will not be swayed by good sense. Fanboys gonna fanboy.

Whoever downplays this is a rampant fanboy and doesn't deserve to play videogames.

That is just incredible value for money.

I used to rent the newest PSOne titles for ~$2 per day. I spent a lot of money that way. This is SO much better, plus it's just automatically included in the service.

Fantastic.

Dr.Grass said:
Whoever downplays this is a rampant fanboy and doesn't deserve to play videogames.

That is just incredible value for money.

I used to rent the newest PSOne titles for ~$2 per day. I spent a lot of money that way. This is SO much better, plus it's just automatically included in the service.

Fantastic.

The point is that it doesn't matter what xbox live people say, people here will drive them into the ground with their sheer numbers and overly agressive opinions.

Yup yup...you're right...PSlive is a superior service!  Twenty five million gold xblive subscribers are getting screwed by their ignorance!  You got me there!