By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx's PC gaming emporium - Catch up on all the latest PC Gaming related news

Zarx changed his avatar again. Thoughts?

Noice 248 61.39%

So soon? I just got used to the last one 14 3.47%

it sucks 22 5.45%

Your cropping skills are lacking 13 3.22%

Too noisy, can't tell WTF it even is 14 3.47%

Meh 32 7.92%

Total:343
Zippy6 said:
green_sky said:

No more budget segment. Pay to play.

Guys, are there are any APU's equivalent to Series X/PS5. What kind of power are they packing. Someone was asking me what is cpu/gpu equivalent of these new consoles or APU.

5700G is like the best APU you can get for gaming, and you're going to get basically ps4 level performance on that (in terms of GPU power). There's no powerful APU available for the PC market, much to my disappointment.

Even modern AMD APU's for PC are still built on old tech (5700g is Vega GPU architecture I believe), though rumoured that the next generation of APU's will switch to RDNA2 so maybe there's some hope. But still I wouldn't expect to even reach Series S levels of GPU performance.

I'd love if someone would make a powerful gaming APU I could build a tiny PC with.

Yep, we'll have to wait for Rembrandt, the 6000 series, to have an APU to have RDNA graphics. And, even then and with DDR5 RAM, the memory bandwidth won't be enough to make it shine.

AMD sold refurbished XsX APUs, with the graphics part disabled, as the 4700S, but you'd need to get a GPU card for it and, in thatc ase, going for a regular CPU+GPU would be a better idea.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

I think overall, even if we count the best case MSRP prices back in 2020, you would be hard pressed to be able to build a PC for console prices. The best value combination is an i5 11400 + 3060 Ti. Together they are around $600. Add in lets say $200-$300 for the rest of the parts since you aren't gonna be overlocking the i5 and get windows for free (which you can do officially these days), maybe $800-$900.

I think the cheapest deal that I have seen on Black Friday was this one:

[PREBUILT] Dell XPS 8940 Tower - Intel Core i7-11700 - GeForce RTX 3060Ti - 32GB RAM - 512GB SSD + 1TB HDD - $1,299 USD

Now there were cheaper PCs than that but not with a 3060 Ti from what I have seen. A 3060 Ti is faster in Raster and it's significantly faster in Ray Tracing than the consoles. And the rest of the components of that PC is very powerful compared to consoles as well. But gone are the days where we could attempt to make a competitive PC for similar price of a console. Nothing in the PC space will come close to the $400 price point of a PS5 for a long time.

There's still tons and tons of reasons to invest on a PC even if you are paying 3X more than a console but no longer can we play the game of value anymore... Unless you make money off of your PC that is...

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

Thanks for the responses guys.

It's amazing how good value these consoles are. When PS4/Xbone came out. A year or so later, the cpu/gpu you could get were really competitive. Even at MSRP one is looking to spend quite a bit more to match these machines. Ofcourse PC's have much more utility. I use mine for way more things than just gaming.

I'll recommend my friend to wait till new gen to build pc or just get a console. His current pc is fine for i guess most tasks and most games too with settings lowered.

Captain_Yuri said:

Forza Horizon 5 Player Gets 8000 Year Ban For Kim Jong-un Car

https://www.thegamer.com/forza-horizon-5-kimg-jong-un-ban/

Ok that ban is pretty fucked up. Could they not of gave a warning and removed the content?.

green_sky said:

It's amazing how good value these consoles are. When PS4/Xbone came out. A year or so later, the cpu/gpu you could get were really competitive. Even at MSRP one is looking to spend quite a bit more to match these machines. Ofcourse PC's have much more utility. I use mine for way more things than just gaming.

I'll recommend my friend to wait till new gen to build pc or just get a console. His current pc is fine for i guess most tasks and most games too with settings lowered.

Yeah compared to last gen im very happy with the performance of the new consoles as it means we will get much better looking pc games that can finally take advantage of some of the things we had in PC for ages but just wasnt being used thanks to the PS4/XBOne being so weak even at launch.

Around the Network
green_sky said:

Yeah these consoles have semi decent CPU's rather than those awful mobile Jaguar CPU's on PS4/Xbox One. They already punch above their weight due to custom hardware, software, optimisations and direct API's.

Idd, its worth waiting for the next generation and jump on it when they are available; particularly when new GPU's launch. The jump will be substantial with new nodes and architectures from both AMD and Nvidia, with supposedly over 2x performance on the top end according to so called leaks. Maybe worth looking into consoles for now and see what's available in Q2 next year if he/she wants to get into PC gaming.

Last edited by hinch - on 02 December 2021

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Steam Deck - Final Packaging + Dev Kits

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1675180/announcements/detail/3122680206583792326

64/256GB model carrying case

Captain_Yuri said:

Poor response from Lisa, but she's not the best when it comes to dealing directly with the average consumer. Not sure about business clients though that would seem more her lane of the two.

Doing a presentation that's been perfected vs basically answering on the fly are two very different things. Not many can hold their own doing both.

You don't have to read much between the lines, to see she's really saying, 'look I may have helped solve CPU tech stagnation with Ryzen, while also putting Radeon back on the map, but I can't solve worldwide inflation, or climate change for that matter.' 

This is why you never want to be seen as a savior. We all know what happens eventually.

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 03 December 2021