By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

"Gabe Newell responds to Microsoft’s rumoured plans to acquire Valve"

This is still quite funny.

We were promised "Ultimate Quality".
Quality is dead, I guess.
http://image.ibb.co/nwkopR/Final_Fantasy_XV_Windows_Edition_Screenshot_2018_02_03_02_14_18_69.png

Last edited by caffeinade - on 02 February 2018

Around the Network

Well, "ultimate" is a vague term. It can use it to express high end or extremely low end.

Looks like S-E used the second one .

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I wonder how much time and effort, as well as storage space could have been saved.
If SE used a more procedural system.
It probably took the artist a fair amount of time, to place and render the current effects.
Not to mention, if you look at them the wrong way, the illusion is ruined.
Hopefully my questions will be answered by CIG, DICE or Valve someday soon.

caffeinade said:

I wonder how much time and effort, as well as storage space could have been saved.
It probably took the artist a fair amount of time, to place and render the current effects.

Looking at the trees during the Choco travel looked rather off, like the shadows were almost non existent, and the rain didn't seem to affect the water at all, despite the characters looking absolutely drenched. 

I'm also not a fan of delayed fx either, since that mecha landed on the ground, and a boom sound came 3-4 seconds after it had exploded. MSAA was not the best choice of AA since it still leaves jaggies about.

I wouldn't even call it ultimate quality tbh, more like bare bones, which is what I'm expecting from the MHW port.

The only port jobs I've seen from Japan that do their job are Bayo and Vanquish, everything else is either barebones or bad quality/optimisation. I do wish the Japanese would pick up speed, maybe learn from the Western dev teams on how to actually handle PC ports, instead of sticking to their sense of pride and leaving the platform to the last minute. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
caffeinade said:

Looking at the trees during the Choco travel looked rather off, like the shadows were almost non existent, and the rain didn't seem to affect the water at all, despite the characters looking absolutely drenched. 

I'm also not a fan of delayed fx either, since that mecha landed on the ground, and a boom sound came 3-4 seconds after it had exploded. MSAA was not the best choice of AA since it still leaves jaggies about.

I wouldn't even call it ultimate quality tbh, more like bare bones, which is what I'm expecting from the MHW port.

The only port jobs I've seen from Japan that do their job are Bayo and Vanquish, everything else is either barebones or bad quality/optimisation. I do wish the Japanese would pick up speed, maybe learn from the Western dev teams on how to actually handle PC ports, instead of sticking to their sense of pride and leaving the platform to the last minute. 

I am doing a tiny bit of digging, but I am not sure how representative of quality this benchmark will be.
We have tessellation + displacement mapping for the ground at least, from what I am seeing.
Hopefully the full game has higher res textures than what we are seeing now.

DICE seem to do a pretty good job with their PC versions from my understanding, so there is that.

Around the Network
caffeinade said:

I am doing a tiny bit of digging, but I am not sure how representative of quality this benchmark will be.
We have tessellation + displacement mapping for the ground at least, from what I am seeing.

DICE seem to do a pretty good job with their PC versions from my understanding, so there is that.

From what I've noticed, the AI also seem to spaz out for a bit when it comes to the walking parts (like the fishing dock or choco travel).

DICE are Western , but even those guys do a far better job than Japanese devs do. I'd even say CDPR as well, as they are a smaller team than DICE.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:
caffeinade said:

From what I've noticed, the AI also seem to spaz out for a bit when it comes to the walking parts (like the fishing dock or choco travel).

DICE are Western , but even those guys do a far better job than Japanese devs do. I'd even say CDPR as well, as they are a smaller team than DICE.

The AI isn't great.
But hey, it isn't like they don't have plenty of CPU at their disposal.
Hopefully that is improved in the final release.

caffeinade said:

The AI isn't great.
But hey, it isn't like they don't have plenty of CPU at their disposal.
Hopefully that is improved in the final release.

But their game is GPU bound XD. What are the chances that our CPU's will get 100% legit usage?.

I want to hope it's improved by final release, but we're dealing with a Japanese dev team, and not a Western one, so the results can vary a lot. 

Ka-pi96 said:
I finally got my GTX 1050 TI today. And I've got to say there's a huge difference. It went from black screen of death... to actually playing a game :O

Now if only I could do something about my ridiculously long load times...

To improve loading times there's only one solution: faster storage. You'll need an SSD.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

caffeinade said:

"Gabe Newell responds to Microsoft’s rumoured plans to acquire Valve"

This is still quite funny.

Valve is a private company. Pretty sure Microsoft couldn't even do a hostile takeover even if they wanted to.

Valve does need to start making games again though. Where is my Left 4 Dead 3, Portal 3, Half Life 3?

JEMC said:
Ka-pi96 said:
I finally got my GTX 1050 TI today. And I've got to say there's a huge difference. It went from black screen of death... to actually playing a game :O

Now if only I could do something about my ridiculously long load times...

To improve loading times there's only one solution: faster storage. You'll need an SSD.

+1 Get an SSD. If you want something cheap get a Crucial MX300.
Otherwise go all out and go NVMe M.2.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--