By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Slimebeast said:
JEMC said:

By the way, wccftech has an article where they claim that AMD will launch VEGA at the end of this year.

Given that they don't cite any sources or mention where they got this info, and the fact that AMD themselves listed Vega for "1H2017" in their latest investors meeting (source: AMD's own slides), I'm not giving their article any credibility, and I'm just posting it here to warn you about it.

Nice. It says the Fury Pro will have a TDP of 230W!

I hope that becomes true. It may mean that AMD still is a bit behind in perf/watt, but it means they're making the card as powerful as they can. I'm hoping for it to become 10-15% faster than a GTX 1080, but slightly slower than a 1080Ti.

Wait, you're believing them?

Also, if a RX 480 with 2304 shaders can't beat a GTX 1060 that "only" has 1280 shaders, I really doubt that a 4096 shaders powered Vega 10 card could beat a GTX 1080 and its 2560 shaders. Unless you're talking about DX12, of course.

Captain_Yuri said:
JEMC said:

I've been thinking about it this night (don't sleep well lately), and I think the account thing is only for the GeForce Experience thing, which is something that Nvidia said would do a few months ago, but not the actual game drivers.

We'll need someone without the G.E. to tell us if he/she needs to create an account to install the new drivers.

Yea but now, you have to go to their website in order to install drivers again instead of automatic updates and shadowplay as well as the game thing is locked behind the account system. All I m saying is that its a lot more nonsense than it needs to be.

Yes, but if someone doesn't have the Geforce Experience thing and only wants to play, nothing has changed and can still update their drivers as usual.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Welp, this one has coil noise as well. But it's slightly quieter and I just can't be fucked to go through yet another RMA....

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Welp, this one has coil noise as well. But it's slightly quieter and I just can't be fucked to go through yet another RMA....

Do you have 3DMark or another program that stresses the GPU?

I ask because when the 970 launched there were lots of cases of coil whine cards, and I remember that some could solve (at least in part) the problem putting the card under heavy stress.

Mind you, it was on another forum, so take it with a pinch of salt... and don't blame me if something happens!

Edit: Also, some people say that coil whine can be triggered by the PSU, so if you have another unit, you could test to see if that helps.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Yea but now, you have to go to their website in order to install drivers again instead of automatic updates and shadowplay as well as the game thing is locked behind the account system. All I m saying is that its a lot more nonsense than it needs to be.

Yes, but if someone doesn't have the Geforce Experience thing and only wants to play, nothing has changed and can still update their drivers as usual.

Thats true. If you want to do it the old fashioned way, it is still avaliable. Just the way its meant to be used just got more tedious. Funly enough, my laptop was updating to GeForce Experience 3, it unstalled the previous version and then crashed the installer... Now my laptop doesn't even have it anymore loll. Oh the bugs

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

vivster said:

Which company did you get your new card from?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
vivster said:

It's ASUS which means it's great by default. The noise is probably just in my head from all the stress the past weeks.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

JEMC said:

Early(-er) this year Basil made a thread about free games and competitions to win games and hardware, but I don't know if he didn't had enough time or got bored with it and asked to get it closed.

I wouldn't mind having a similar thread, but you must have something better than Ubi's monthly and EA's once-in-a-while free games to make it work.

Yeah, it's locked. Thread was only "active" for a month: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=211424

There really is nothing better, that I'm aware of. It would just be the occasional freebie that would come up between months time.

Guess we'll just continue using this thread

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

vivster said:
Captain_Yuri said:

It's ASUS which means it's great by default. The noise is probably just in my head from all the stress the past weeks.

Yea I always get Asus cards. The one time I didn't was from XFX for the 6xxx cards from AMD and I regretted it. Never going non Asus ever again!

Pemalite said:

However...
* Quad Core AMD 7650K 3.3ghz APU. - $129
* Asrock Motherboard. - $79
* Silverstone Case - $49
* 1 Terabyte HDD. - $69
* Corsair 550 watt PSU. - $65
* Radeon 470 OC - $289
* 8Gb Ram - $59
For a total of $739 you have a VR capable PC.

If you threw roughly another $50 in you could get a 6-Core AMD 6300 chip which would be worth the jump IMHO and another $50 would get you a Radeon 480.

You can pick up a Gear VR for about $88-$98 down from $150 if you wait for the right opportunity to arise.
The price on VR-capable hardware is constantly coming down in price... By the time Sony releases it's VR solution, there would likely be further price movements in favour of the PC.

Aren't you forgetting a GearVR-compatible phone in that comparison?

Idk if this has been posted yet but Amd + Oculus + Cyberpower are collaborating to make a budget VR ready PC.

FX 4350 + 470 + Keyboard/Mouse + Windows 10 for $499 (Or $999 with Oculus Rift bundle)

http://radeon.com/en-us/cyberpowerpc-vr-ready/?source=pcgaming

Nb deal.