By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Let's go with the news:

GEARS OF WAR 4 – PC GRAPHICS SETTINGS REVEALED, SUPPORTS ASYNC COMPUTE, TILED RESOURCES & MULTIGPUS

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/gears-of-war-4-pc-graphics-settings-revealed-supports-async-compute-tiled-resources-multigpus/

During Gamescom 2016, Microsoft showcased the PC version of Gears of War 4, and HomeCinema-FR was able to capture its graphics settings. The good news here is that The Coalition has included a huge number of options that PC gamers can tweak. Not only that, but Gears of War 4 will support Async Compute, Tiled Resources, Multi-GPUs and Dynamic Resolution Scaling.

HERE IS 9 MINUTES OF GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE FROM PIRANHA BYTES’ ELEX

http://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/here-is-9-minutes-of-gameplay-footage-from-piranha-bytes-elex/

Piranha Bytes showcased its new open-world action RPG title, ELEX, at this year’s Gamescom and YouTube’s ‘World of Piranha Bytes’ has captured 9 minutes of gameplay footage from it. ELEX is set against the backdrop of a brand new post-apocalyptic science fantasy universe that promises to immerse players in a vast, seamless game world full of interesting characters, mutated creatures, deep moral choices and of course, some thrilling action. The game is planned for a Q1 2017 release.

GAMESCOM 2016 GAMEPLAY WALKTHROUGHS – SHADOW WARRIOR 2, YOOKA-LAYLEE, DAWN OF WAR 3 AND MORE

http://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/gamescom-2016-gameplay-walkthroughs-shadow-warrior-2-yooka-laylee-dawn-of-war-3-and-more/

IGN has shared some new gameplay videos for a number of games, and we thought you’d be interested in – at least some of – them. So, below you can view gameplay walkthroughs from the Gamescom 2016 builds of Shadow Warrior 2, Yooka-Laylee, Dawn of War 3, Sea of Thieves and Little Nightmares.

STAR TREK: BRIDGE CREW, EAGLE FLIGHT, AND WEREWOLVES WITHIN WILL ALL BE OUT BY YEAR'S END

http://www.pcgamer.com/star-trek-bridge-crew-eagle-flight-and-werewolves-within-will-all-be-out-by-years-end/

Good news for the VR-equipped among you, as Ubisoft has announced the launch dates for its virtual reality games Eagle Flight, Star Trek: Bridge Crew, and Werewolves Within, all of which will be out before the end of the year on Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, and PlayStation VR.

OBSIDIAN'S TYRANNY RPG IS BUILT ON MORE THAN 600,000 WORDS

http://www.pcgamer.com/obisidians-tyranny-rpg-is-built-on-more-than-600000-words/

The first in a three-part video series on Obsidian's upcoming RPG Tyranny reveals a bit more about the dark fantasy realm that's been crushed under the boot of the evil Kyros the Overlord, and also offers up what might be seen as a caution for RPG fans who don't like to read: More than 600,000 words have gone into making it.

>>I hope it has voice acting...

PREY & DISHONORED 2 – GAMESCOM 2016 GAMEPLAY TEASER VIDEOS

http://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/prey-dishonored-2-gamescom-2016-gameplay-teaser-videos/

Bethesda has released two new gameplay teaser videos for PREY and Dishonored 2. Dishonored 2 is powered by the VOID Engine and is planned for a November 11th release, while PREY is powered by CRYENGINE and is scheduled for a 2017 release.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

The news, second and also last part for this week

SORCERER KING: RIVALS, A STANDALONE EXPANSION TO STARDOCK'S 4X STRATEGY GAME, IS COMING NEXT MONTH

http://www.pcgamer.com/sorcerer-king-rivals-a-standalone-expansion-to-stardocks-4x-strategy-game-is-coming-next-month/

In Stardock's 4X strategy game Sorcerer King, you play as the leader of a small city-state who's struggling to prevent the mighty, titular Sorcerer King from gaining ultimate power, taking over the world, and ascending to godhood—while at the same time dealing with the sometimes petty, shortsighted shenanigans of your fellow small-time bosses. The standalone expansion announced today, Sorcerer King: Rivals, maintains that asymmetric setup, but adds a twist: Now you're out to seize godhood too, and everyone else is determined to stop you.

STYLISH ROGUELIKE BELOW HAS BEEN DELAYED

http://www.pcgamer.com/stylish-roguelike-below-has-been-delayed/

Capybara Games' anticipated rogue-like Below has been delayed indefinitely, the studio announced today. Scheduled to release in summer 2016 (winter in Australia), the game is still in development, but a new release window won't be provided until the team is certain it's close to completion.

MAFIA 3 TRAILERS INTRODUCE THE MARCANOS AND FRONTMAN LINCOLN

http://www.pcgamer.com/mafia-3-trailers-introduce-the-marcanos-and-frontman-lincoln/

Mafia 3 continues its character spotlight video series with a surprisingly detailed look at star of show Lincoln Clay, and the underhanded Marcano crime family he’ll go up against on October 7.

NO MAN’S SKY’S PC PATCH IS OUT NOW

http://www.pcgamer.com/no-mans-skys-pc-patch-is-out-now/

It’s still without patch notes, but the PC version of No Man’s Sky’s 1.04 patch is now live. The patch—which went into testing earlier this week—aims to address the game’s launch issues which included poor performance, stuttering, FPS drops and screen-tearing for some players.

EVE ONLINE IS FREE TO TRY ON STEAM THIS WEEKEND

http://www.pcgamer.com/eve-online-is-free-to-try-on-steam-this-weekend/

Eve Online is such an all-encompassing and ambitious MMO, that barely a month goes by without someone from its fervent community retelling a tale of defection, deception, or destruction. From the outside looking in, it can seem like quite an intimidating beast, however it’s free-to-try on Steam this weekend—as of right now until 8pm BST/12pm PT on Sunday—for those of you keen to get involved without committing financially.

But wait! There's more!

*puts TV salesman suit one*

Also on Steam, you can take advantage of this offers:

Now, moving rom Steam to GOG, we have three deals right now:

And that's all for today, remember to come back next week for more astonishing, incredible, mind blowing deals. Goodbye!

*Takes off the suit and get's in the shower because he feels dirty*

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Slimebeast said:

It must be tiring to read all the reactions to your Radeon 5850, but I really would like to ask, that a PC gamer so interested in hardware such as yourself is still playing with ancient technology, does it have to do with you living in Spain rather than say Germany?

I myself upgraded from a Radeon 4850 to a R9 290 in 2014 but that was because I couldn't be bothered with all the hazzles of PC gaming for a while (it's much better than it was back in 2008 and the 4850 days but there's still enough issues that it's pissing me off more and more, especially with old games or if you play with mods).

Btw, I haven't seen you game much on Steam lately.

Oh, it's not tiring at all, and some of them are funny XD.

The reasons why I'm still using that card are several:

1-First of all, I'm catalan. Do you know what some (mostly from the UK) say about the Scotish being cheap, miserly, miser or stingy? Well, the same applies to Catalans in Spain. Even more, I'm from a catalan region that even the other catalans say that are cheap. So imagine how cheap I am!

2-I didn't start looking for a new GPU until three or four years ago. My 5850 runs most if not all PS360 ports at mid-high or high settings on my 1080p monitor, so I didn't felt the need to get something better until the PS4/X1 rumors gained traction, at which point I felt the necessity of getting a card capable of running ports from those machines.

3-I prefer having a quiet PC, and with that in mind is how I bought my parts, like a quiet PC case like Antec's P183. That's ok, but besides the limited airflow problem, it also brought another one: card length. Only cards up to 10.5"/a bit less than 27cm. *ouch!*

4-Because of point 3, the AMD 2xx/3xx series where out of the equation, they run too hot for my case and the third party coolers made them also too long. That left the GTX 970 as the only viable option, and I have to say that I was on the brink of getting one, but coil noise problems at first and lack of availabilty later prevented me to do that. And then came the 3.5+.05GB reveal. Oh, God. But hey, not everything was lost, Nvidia said that it wasn't a problem because they only had to tweak a little the drivers to optimize the games for such memory configuration, that it will be ok. And then The Witcher 3 came and, somehow, the Kepler cards had bad drivers that crippled its performance. And I had to trust them to make special drivers for the 970 memory configuration? Yeah, right...

And that's how I ended up in my current situation, being pissed of by the performance of the new AMD cards and the silly price of Nvidia's offerings.

Oh, and I haven't played anything the last couple of months because there were some troubles in the family and I wasn't in the mood. Luckily, the situation is almost solved.

I love this, and I appreciate a long answer.

1. Wow. This is true? I think it's fascinating, cultural differences that is. I don't know about the Scottish myth and whether that is true or not, but there are certainly countries that are "cheaper" than others, depending on a lot of factors. For example as a Swede, I know that our brothers in the east, the Finns, are significantly cheaper when it comes to spending than Swedes are. It has a lot to do with history and confidence when it comes to wealth, but I'm not going in to that deeper. It's interesting. Catalonia btw is definitely one of the wealthier parts of Spain, isn't it? That's what I've heard a lot. Anyway, JEMC admits he is a cheap person. I love it.

2. "not until four years ago" LOL Four years and you still haven't bought the product you are into? lol, many people search a product for four hours and then make a purchase, including PC gamers like myself looking for hardware.

3. So 27cm what does that mean in practice when it comes to cards like the RX 480 and Geforce 1060 and 1070 for example?

4. What is "coil noise problems"? Coil?? I haven't actually heard that much about the 3.5GB + 0.5 GB issue although I know what it is now. To me it always felt like an extremely valuable card for the buck. Today, after the Nvidia patches, how much hampered is 970 performance in Witcher 3 if any?

Pretty interesting to see that it seems not so much to be about money that you haven't upgraded yet. It's logic reasoning. And the cheap mentality.

Damn, family problems? I have them too from time to time. And especially my own. I love my family so much (meaning the blood ties, I don't have a partner nor children). If you could elaborate on anything it would be very much appreciated but I totally understand if you don't want to.

Don't you hate when you lose the mood to play? Damn, I've been on vacation for almost four weeks now (or what do you call the actual time you are off of work? I don't mean that I'm out traveling) and I haven't played nearly as much as I had planned to. And totally the wrong games too. I hate when the mood, or energy, just isn't there. Because I love video games so much, there's so much that I want to experience no matter what anybody says.

Slimebeast said:
JEMC said:

Oh, it's not tiring at all, and some of them are funny XD.

The reasons why I'm still using that card are several:

1-First of all, I'm catalan. Do you know what some (mostly from the UK) say about the Scotish being cheap, miserly, miser or stingy? Well, the same applies to Catalans in Spain. Even more, I'm from a catalan region that even the other catalans say that are cheap. So imagine how cheap I am!

2-I didn't start looking for a new GPU until three or four years ago. My 5850 runs most if not all PS360 ports at mid-high or high settings on my 1080p monitor, so I didn't felt the need to get something better until the PS4/X1 rumors gained traction, at which point I felt the necessity of getting a card capable of running ports from those machines.

3-I prefer having a quiet PC, and with that in mind is how I bought my parts, like a quiet PC case like Antec's P183. That's ok, but besides the limited airflow problem, it also brought another one: card length. Only cards up to 10.5"/a bit less than 27cm. *ouch!*

4-Because of point 3, the AMD 2xx/3xx series where out of the equation, they run too hot for my case and the third party coolers made them also too long. That left the GTX 970 as the only viable option, and I have to say that I was on the brink of getting one, but coil noise problems at first and lack of availabilty later prevented me to do that. And then came the 3.5+.05GB reveal. Oh, God. But hey, not everything was lost, Nvidia said that it wasn't a problem because they only had to tweak a little the drivers to optimize the games for such memory configuration, that it will be ok. And then The Witcher 3 came and, somehow, the Kepler cards had bad drivers that crippled its performance. And I had to trust them to make special drivers for the 970 memory configuration? Yeah, right...

And that's how I ended up in my current situation, being pissed of by the performance of the new AMD cards and the silly price of Nvidia's offerings.

Oh, and I haven't played anything the last couple of months because there were some troubles in the family and I wasn't in the mood. Luckily, the situation is almost solved.

I love this, and I appreciate a long answer.

1. Wow. This is true? I think it's fascinating, cultural differences that is. I don't know about the Scottish myth and whether that is true or not, but there are certainly countries that are "cheaper" than others, depending on a lot of factors. For example as a Swede, I know that our brothers in the east, the Finns, are significantly cheaper when it comes to spending than Swedes are. It has a lot to do with history and confidence when it comes to wealth, but I'm not going in to that deeper. It's interesting. Catalonia btw is definitely one of the wealthier parts of Spain, isn't it? That's what I've heard a lot. Anyway, JEMC admits he is a cheap person. I love it.

2. "not until four years ago" LOL Four years and you still haven't bought the product you are into? lol, many people search a product for four hours and then make a purchase, including PC gamers like myself looking for hardware.

3. So 27cm what does that mean in practice when it comes to cards like the RX 480 and Geforce 1060 and 1070 for example?

4. What is "coil noise problems"? Coil?? I haven't actually heard that much about the 3.5GB + 0.5 GB issue although I know what it is now. To me it always felt like an extremely valuable card for the buck. Today, after the Nvidia patches, how much hampered is 970 performance in Witcher 3 if any?

Pretty interesting to see that it seems not so much to be about money that you haven't upgraded yet. It's logic reasoning. And the cheap mentality.

Damn, family problems? I have them too from time to time. And especially my own. I love my family so much (meaning the blood ties, I don't have a partner nor children). If you could elaborate on anything it would be very much appreciated but I totally understand if you don't want to.

Don't you hate when you lose the mood to play? Damn, I've been on vacation for almost four weeks now (or what do you call the actual time you are off of work? I don't mean that I'm out traveling) and I haven't played nearly as much as I had planned to. And totally the wrong games too. I hate when the mood, or energy, just isn't there. Because I love video games so much, there's so much that I want to experience no matter what anybody says.

1-There's a saying: "Why are the rich, rich? Because they don't spend money!" Something like that is what lies in our mentality, to save money to live better in the future or in case that there are troubles.

2-Well, four years ago we didn't know the specs of the PS4/X1, so I didn't know which card would do it, and I wasn't up to date with the newer graphic cards, so I had to read a bit more. Besides, being the cheap that I am, I want to make sure that I won't regret my purchase!

3-Reference RX 480 fits ok, it's ˜25cm long. Third party models like Sapphire's Nitro and Gigabyte's G1 Gaming also fit, but others like MSI's Gaming and the Asus Strix don't. The 1060 and 1070 Founders Edition are a very tight fit, and most third party solutions are longer than that. But there's short PCB versions like the ones from EVGA.

4-The coil problems, or as they are know "Coil whine" is a noise that comes from the capacitators (the cilindrical parts that stand up in PCB shoots like this one). Sometimes, when current goes through them, they make an electric noise that can drive you nuts. Here's a video from Linus that shows it on an HD 7970.

The problems with the frivers of The Witcher 3 were for owners of the 6xx and 7xx series of cards, those were the Kepler cards. They patched it and now they run the game fine, as far as I know.

The problem we had was my grandmother, the last of my grandparents, that fell at home and had to be taken to the hospital, where they found an infection, etc, etc. After two months, one in the hospital and another one in a recovery center, she's mostly fine, though she hasn't gone back at home, she now lives in a residence for elder people.

Yes, we also call them vacation (actually it's written almost like in English: vacaciones). I hope you have enjoyed yours despite not playing as much as you wanted.

We have a new PCI-Express standart!

PCI-Express 4.0 to arrive next year

http://videocardz.com/63305/pci-express-4-0-to-arrive-next-year

The PCI-Express 3.0 standard was released four years after 2.0. It is now 6 years since 3.0 was introduced and it is about time we see a continuation named 4.0. With the availability of new connection standards like M.2 or U.2, the push for the higher bandwidth is finally reaching PCI devices.

Although PCIe 4.0 is not released yet, PCI special group is already looking forward to bringing PCIe 5.0 devices to the market. Meanwhile, the PCIe 4.0 standard would double the data rate from 3.0’s 8 GT/s to 16 GT/s. Of course this does not mean graphics cards will be twice as fast. It means that we could at least get rid of the SLI bridges.

In graphics cards the performance difference between PCIe 1.1 x16 and PCIe 3.0 x16 interface is just few percent (see these charts for comparison). It would be very surprising if PCIe 4.0 would increase graphics performance much further.

The question is, are we going to see a transition from PCIe 3.0 to 4.0 with NVIDIA Volta and AMD Navi? Well it may be too early to speculate, but since both companies are part of PCI-SIG, I’m quite sure first prototypes are already being tested.

I think it's the first time that GPUs won't benefit from having a new, faster PCI-e port.

Around the Network

PCI-E 4.0? Isn't AMD just officially supporting 3.0 with Zen and thats coming out near 2017? When will AMD cpus/motherboards get 4.0 I wonder? :T

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

PCI-E 4.0? Isn't AMD just officially supporting 3.0 with Zen and thats coming out near 2017? When will AMD cpus/motherboards get 4.0 I wonder? :T

That's what happens when you don't launch a new chipset in years. AMD's 990FX only supports 2.0.

That said, newer AMD APUs do support PCIe 3.0.

JEMC said:

I think it's the first time that GPUs won't benefit from having a new, faster PCI-e port.

GPU compute should see significant gains.

Also AMD's Crossfire should love it, they don't do things over a bridge anymore, it's all done via PCI-E.

PCI-E 4.0, USB Type C, hopefully Sata 4 soon, DDR4, m.2... Slowly getting tempted to upgrade. Just need decently priced CPU's.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

JEMC said:

Let's go with the news:

HERE IS 9 MINUTES OF GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE FROM PIRANHA BYTES’ ELEX

http://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/here-is-9-minutes-of-gameplay-footage-from-piranha-bytes-elex/

Piranha Bytes showcased its new open-world action RPG title, ELEX, at this year’s Gamescom and YouTube’s ‘World of Piranha Bytes’ has captured 9 minutes of gameplay footage from it. ELEX is set against the backdrop of a brand new post-apocalyptic science fantasy universe that promises to immerse players in a vast, seamless game world full of interesting characters, mutated creatures, deep moral choices and of course, some thrilling action. The game is planned for a Q1 2017 release.

See, that's how you do news, what that so hard?

Gotta love TB's trademark stiff animations and low poly models. They say it's pre-alpha but I doubt a lot is going to change from the current state. The only thing that needs to change is the regenerating health.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Captain_Yuri said:

JEMC said:
Captain_Yuri said:

That's what happens when you don't launch a new chipset in years. AMD's 990FX only supports 2.0.

That said, newer AMD APUs do support PCIe 3.0.

Pemalite said:
JEMC said:

GPU compute should see significant gains.

Also AMD's Crossfire should love it, they don't do things over a bridge anymore, it's all done via PCI-E.

PCI-E 4.0, USB Type C, hopefully Sata 4 soon, DDR4, m.2... Slowly getting tempted to upgrade. Just need decently priced CPU's.

Luckily, unless AMD plans on ZEN be exclusively making APUs based on it or exclusively relying on 3rd parties for chipsets from now on, ZEN CPUs will require AMD to finally make new chipsets, and it will be a sensible choice to support other new technologies too in them, not just DDR4.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!