By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

If the 5090 is 21,504 SMs and the 5080 is the full 10,752 SMs (a generous assumption that presumes no 5080 Super/Ti using the same die) that would still make the latter just half of the former (or 57% of the VRAM).

This could be related to US GPU laws against China - you can export a 5080 without restrictions but not a 5090.

Around the Network

Maybe, but that law is so pointless that it's laughable. Like "Oh, I can't export all these GPUs to China? Sure, sure, all you want. Anyway, I'm just going to sell all these pallets of GPUs to Vietnam, and there's no way those cards will ever make their way into China...

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

I can't say I'm hyped for the new Civ given that they haven't shown anything but the intro, if it's that. Maybe in August, when they're supposed to show the actual game, that will change.

But I can say that I played around 300 hours on Civ V (I honestly thought it was more than that), but not even one full round in Civ VI, that I got for free att he EGS. For some reason, it didn't click with me back then. We'll see how the new one looks.

For a first time player of any builder type game or Civ in general, which one do you recommend I should play?

I've got III, IV, V and Beyond Earth.

BasilZero said:
JEMC said:

I can't say I'm hyped for the new Civ given that they haven't shown anything but the intro, if it's that. Maybe in August, when they're supposed to show the actual game, that will change.

But I can say that I played around 300 hours on Civ V (I honestly thought it was more than that), but not even one full round in Civ VI, that I got for free att he EGS. For some reason, it didn't click with me back then. We'll see how the new one looks.

For a first time player of any builder type game or Civ in general, which one do you recommend I should play?

My opinion wasn't asked for and I'm bad at Civ, but based on my experience (IV, V, and VI), I'd go with V first. IV is a bit ugly and the doom stacks are ridiculous, but otherwise it's a very good game (or at least I thought so when I played it as my first Civ game a looong time ago). V is more modern and overall a very good game but definitely not perfect either (I think AI was cited as a problem, especially with the limit of one unit per hex?). I believe III has a good reputation as well, Beyond Earth not so much. I'm sure JEMC will be able to provide a much deeper opinion about the games with his experience, but that's my two cents based on my limited experience (just three games with at most 100 hours each).

BasilZero said:
JEMC said:

I wish I could answer you, but Civ V was my first Civilization game. And learning that in previous games you could stack multiple units in the same box, I'm kind of glad that it went this way.

Beyond Earth was a quite different game than V because of the whole setting. I liked V more.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
Zkuq said:
BasilZero said:

My opinion wasn't asked for and I'm bad at Civ, but based on my experience (IV, V, and VI), I'd go with V first. IV is a bit ugly and the doom stacks are ridiculous, but otherwise it's a very good game (or at least I thought so when I played it as my first Civ game a looong time ago). V is more modern and overall a very good game but definitely not perfect either (I think AI was cited as a problem, especially with the limit of one unit per hex?). I believe III has a good reputation as well, Beyond Earth not so much. I'm sure JEMC will be able to provide a much deeper opinion about the games with his experience, but that's my two cents based on my limited experience (just three games with at most 100 hours each).

You have too high an opinion of me.

You're a fan of stacked units? I don't think I could have dealt with it.

JEMC said:
Zkuq said:

Well you've played 300 hours of just one Civ game, which might be more than all my Civ experience combined.

I'm... not a fan of stacked units, that's why I called them ridiculous. Limited stacks are probably fine, but stacking all you want in one tile? Nope, nope, nope. I mean it's not terrible, but it's definitely not great either. I'd take one unit per hex/tile any day, even with all the AI trouble it brings with it (based on my limited experience, again - if I had hundreds if not thousands of hours in any one Civ game, perhaps I might think otherwise).

Zkuq said:
JEMC said:

Well you've played 300 hours of just one Civ game, which might be more than all my Civ experience combined.

I'm... not a fan of stacked units, that's why I called them ridiculous. Limited stacks are probably fine, but stacking all you want in one tile? Nope, nope, nope. I mean it's not terrible, but it's definitely not great either. I'd take one unit per hex/tile any day, even with all the AI trouble it brings with it (based on my limited experience, again - if I had hundreds if not thousands of hours in any one Civ game, perhaps I might think otherwise).

It's easy to rank lots of hours in a game when you try to beat it with every civilization available, and there are a lot of them.

I honestly don't know why some people prefer having stacked units. The idea is frightening. Like "Oh, here's one unit trying to attack me. Here, this will do it. Wait, there's another one? Ok, take that then. Another one? And another? How many more are there?!" So yeah, I'm glad they removed it.

Dumb AI is... well, there are few games out there with good AI, and I play games to have fun and enjoy them, not as a challenge. So, for me, they can work and improve on them a bit, but there's no need to go overboard with them.

Just played the demo for this (a few times). This is gonna be a fun one for all you Jet Set and Crazy Taxi fans out there.

For anyone who liked TESII: Daggerfall back in days, folks who created it are having KS campaign running now, making spiritual successor based on new tech (including Virtual GM) - it's overambitious, but all those games were, and that's part of why we liked them.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oncelostgames/the-wayward-realms

Thread about it

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/248220/the-wayward-realms-kickstarter/1/