By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Pemalite said:
numberwang said:

RDOA3 is just 1% faster compared to RDNA2 with identical clock and VRAM speeds. There is strong variation game to game, example RDR2 is 20% faster but Horizon ZD is 10-30% slower.

Overall RDNA3 is 3-10% faster irl compared to RNDA2 depending on games and resolution but all of it comes from higher clocks and power consumption. The 7600 is very similar to the 6650XT (which is an overclocked 6600).

The 6650XT is not just an overclocked 6600, it's an overclocked 6600XT. - Different chips.

The 6600 actually has less CU's, 56GB/s less banwidth... But also a 50w lower TDP than the 6600XT.

The 7600 is actually a great replacement/upgrade over the vanilla 6600, but we also need to compare them based on price... Where the 6650XT is actually cheaper than the 7600, making the 7600 a bad buy.
And if we compare it against the 6600, the 6600 is $100 AUD (25%) cheaper, so if you are on a really tight budget, might be the better choice anyway.

The video is addressing the naming issues. The 7600 has the same number of CUs as the 6600XT (4 more than the 6600) so 7600 vs. 6600XT is the direct comparison for RDNA3 vs 2 architecture. 

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
JEMC said:

It will be interesting to see how AMD deals with the hybrid cores and the core allocation problem, if they go with a hardware based one like Intel or rely on the Window's one like they used for their 7950 and 7900 X3D chips.

As for the Intel part... well, I guess there's still room for dual-core CPUs for really chip (office) computers.

It will be a lower degree of difficulty for AMD. Their C cores are the same architecture. The main difference is the reduced cache. Intel's are different architecture entirely from their P cores and lack hyper threading.

But, wouldn't the shared architecture make it more complicated? If both types of cores are virtually the same except for the cache, and maybe the clock speeds, how will the OS decide which cores run what?

Using the core frequency doesn't seem to be a valid option or Intel would have gone that way.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Zkuq said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Reading the reviews, I wouldn't have used it as an OS drive

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/kingston-nv2-ssd

The ssd that you put the OS into is put under significant strain, especially on Windows as Windows loves it's background tasks and updates and etc. From the review, it sounds like you can either get QLC or TLC as well as the choice of a good controller and a mediocre controller. Since it's Dramless, if you got the double whammy combo with no way to tell until after you got it, yea it can certainly perform worse than hard drives. The OS SSD should always be top spec reliable SSD like a Samsung or Western Digital. Back in the day, a 970 would have been perfect or today, SN850. Getting cheap SSDs for secondary or third drives is perfectly fine however since those won't get hammered like the OS drive does.

You can also dual boot into a fresh OS by creating a custom petition on your SSD tho and see if a fresh OS will solve your issues. If it does, then it's likely something is hogging your SSD.

Yeah, not a great choice in any way, but I figure that it'll just be slower, not outright unusable (assuming it's not simply faulty). It's not a PC whose performance I care that much about, so I figure pretty much any SSD that's not going to break too soon will do - but perhaps I was wrong... Definitely not going to repeat the mistake though (unless it turns out that the problematic SSD is faulty after all).

What you could do is install CrystalDiskInfo. It will show you your drive health:

https://crystalmark.info/en/download/

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

numberwang said:
Pemalite said:

The 6650XT is not just an overclocked 6600, it's an overclocked 6600XT. - Different chips.

The 6600 actually has less CU's, 56GB/s less banwidth... But also a 50w lower TDP than the 6600XT.

The 7600 is actually a great replacement/upgrade over the vanilla 6600, but we also need to compare them based on price... Where the 6650XT is actually cheaper than the 7600, making the 7600 a bad buy.
And if we compare it against the 6600, the 6600 is $100 AUD (25%) cheaper, so if you are on a really tight budget, might be the better choice anyway.

The video is addressing the naming issues. The 7600 has the same number of CUs as the 6600XT (4 more than the 6600) so 7600 vs. 6600XT is the direct comparison for RDNA3 vs 2 architecture. 

I get that, but it's not the 6600XT replacement, it's the 6600 replacement.

It still needs to be compared against the 6600, 6600XT, 6650XT... And I would even include the 6700XT at this point due to it's attractive price point.

JEMC said:
Darc Requiem said:

It will be a lower degree of difficulty for AMD. Their C cores are the same architecture. The main difference is the reduced cache. Intel's are different architecture entirely from their P cores and lack hyper threading.

But, wouldn't the shared architecture make it more complicated? If both types of cores are virtually the same except for the cache, and maybe the clock speeds, how will the OS decide which cores run what?

Using the core frequency doesn't seem to be a valid option or Intel would have gone that way.

This is the issue.. And mostly due to a lack of information causing many unknowns.

Whenever you have cores of mixed capabilities, either the processor or the operating system has to be cognizant of what goes where to get the best results, that means you need additional information/analysis of what is happening in every thread.
...And that is why we got Windows 11 as it enables this capability at the software level.

Intel's approach was then to introduce the hardware-based Thread Director which works with Windows, it achieved this by having the thread director analayze every thread, detecting the amount of loads, stores, branches, average memory access times, patterns, and types of instructions... And communicate that back to Windows in order to determine which core it needs to be scheduled on.

AMD didn't bother with this with the Ryzen 3D cache chips, so while it did issue patches that allowed Windows to determine which were the cache-heavy cores, there was no hardware based solution on the CPU itself to communicate with the OS...

Part of the issue was, some threads were cache heavy, some were more clockspeed sensitive, Windows doesn't perform any intrinsic analysis to determine which thread would be best on the cache or higher boost clock cores, so it assumed the higher cache cores were the best for everything.

So hopefully AMD takes a hardware approach, it will require an extra chiplet or perhaps a change to the I/O die (Or both), but it's simply going to provide better results.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Playthrough wise....

Street Fighter V (Steam) - still chugging along with Street Fighter V Arcade mode. Finished 20 out of 23 characters for SFIV section, 3 more characters to go before I get into SFV's section. 25 hours in.

Borderlands GOTY Enhanced (Steam) - I've finally finished all the missions in Arid Badlands/Fyrestone and on my way to the next section finally after 16 hours in. My character is lv 21.

Final Fantasy VI (Steam) - I just finished the section in the town of Zozo and now got the ability to use summons and equip Espers. I remember hating Zozo when I first played the game like two decades ago but this time it was a breeze since I've played the game so many times lol. My party is average lv 16 and I've clocked 9 hours in.

Around the Network

It's time for the Monday news:

SALES /PLAYER COUNT & DEALS

GOG brings us four Deals of the Day and two sales:

Steam has two deals:

There's a new Humble Bundle: the Take Your Turn: Tactics & RPGs Bundle with up to 9 items to get (there are 2 coupons) during the next 18 days: https://www.humblebundle.com/games/take-your-turn-tactics-rpgs.

Fanatical will have new Flash Deals that haven't gone live yet, and the new BYO Super Summer Bundle, that comes with 20 titles to choose for your 1, 5 or 10 games bundle: https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/build-your-own-super-summer-bundle.

SOFTWARE & DRIVERS

-Empty-

MODS, EMULATORS & FAN PROJECTS

Red Dead Redemption 2 DLSS 3 Mod can improve performance by 50%
https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/red-dead-redemption-2-dlss-3-mod-can-improve-performance-by-50/
Modder ‘PureDark’ has shared a video, showcasing his upcoming DLSS 3 Mod for Red Dead Redemption 2. According to the modder, DLSS 3 Frame Generation can improve performance by 50% in Red Dead Redemption 2.
In order to capture the following gameplay footage, PureDark used an AMD Ryzen 7 5800 with an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070Ti.
Contrary to other games like Star Wars: Jedi Survivor, Red Dead Redemption 2 is not that CPU-bound on the AMD Ryzen 7 5800. Even without DLSS 3, the RTX 4070Ti is used to its fullest. This explains why the gains of DLSS 3 Frame Generation are “only” around 50%.
Now the good news here is that since we’re talking about a 50% increase, the real frames are way more than the AI-produced ones. This basically means that visual artifacts (and input latency) should be kept at a minimum. So yeah, this is a win-win for all RTX 40 series GPU owners.
>> The video is roughly 4 minutes long.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time Unreal Engine 5.2 Mountain Trail Demo Released
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/zelda-ocarina-of-time-unreal-engine-5-2-mountain-trail-demo-released/
CryZENx has released a new demo of his amazing fan remake of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time in Unreal Engine 5.2. Moreover, the artist has shared a video, showcasing over 10 minutes of gameplay footage from it.
This new demo of Ocarina of Time in Unreal Engine 5.2 features the Mountain Trail level. CryZENX has been working on this level for one month, and he has implemented and tweaked a number of gameplay mechanics.
What’s really amazing about this fan remake is that it has proper gameplay mechanics. Contrary to other fan projects, in this Zelda remake you can explore the environments and fight a number of enemies. You can also use your ocarina, break objects, collect items, and speak to NPCs. Hell, this fan demo also has some cut-scenes and an inventory system. In short, it’s more than your typical “remake a map from a popular game in UE5” projects. As such, it more than deserves the spotlight.
>> The article has an over 10 minutes long video.

Valheim gets a new role-playing prequel expansion mod
https://www.dsogaming.com/mods/valheim-gets-a-new-role-playing-prequel-expansion-mod/
Modder ‘Drengrobot’ has released a pretty cool role-playing prequel expansion mod for Iron Gate’s exploration and survival game, Valheim.
According to its description, Wildling is an expansion in which players must survive as a pre-teen version of their Viking self.
This Valheim expansion mod offers a more quest-like experience than regular Valheim and you should not expect to play in quite the same way or do similar things. There is an adventure and story here that unfolds over the whole map, although it primarily extends your time in the Meadows and Dark Forest.
Wildling is as much about character development and exploration as regular Valheim. The mod also features lesser role-play activities, strategies and secondary achievements.
Like other mods, you can only take Wildling items and characters to servers running with the Wildling mod. You can complete your quests on any world but there is only one quest state per world.
>> There are no screenshots nor videos of the mod.

Here’s how you can get smooth 60fps without stuttering in GTA 4
https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/heres-how-you-can-get-smooth-60fps-without-stuttering-in-gta-4/
Grand Theft Auto 4 is notorious for its awful performance on PC. Even on this day, the game performs horribly in its default/vanilla version. However, there is currently a way via which you can get smooth 60fps in GTA 4 without any annoying stuttering.
Now the reason I’m sharing this is because a lot of people may want to replay this game, now that Grand Theft Auto 6 is on the horizon. So, if you are one of them and want a smooth gaming experience, you should run GTA IV with DXVK.
YouTube’s ‘TJGM’ has shared the following comparison video between the game’s default DX9 Mode and DXVK. And, as you will see, DXVK is able to run GTA 4 smoothly at 60fps and without any stuttering.
>> The video is roughly 10 minutes long.

This Fallout New Vegas Mod adds a real-time reflections system
https://www.dsogaming.com/mods/new-fallout-new-vegas-mod-adds-a-real-time-reflections-system/
Modder ‘Wall_SoGB’ has released an incredible mod for Fallout: New Vegas that adds a fully dynamic, real-time reflections system to the game. This mod provides realistic ambient lighting on meshes, it’s highly customizable, and it can run even on weak PC systems.
Going into more details, this Reflections Mod for Fallout: New Vegas mod adds a new texture effect, real-time cube maps. These new cube maps can be applied either globally, or on a per-mesh basis thanks to shader flags.
Wall_SoGB has configured the mod by default to work only on correctly set-up materials. Thus, you’ll need patched meshes to see reflections. You can disable this behavior in the INI, and force reflections onto every material with environmental mapping. However, this can lead to some improperly looking meshes.
What’s also amazing here is that the renderer is highly configurable. PC gamers can configure resolution, brightness, draw distance, apply behaviors, quality modes and more. As such, the performance can be as low as 1-2 frames, or as high as over 30fps.
>> There are screenshots and a short (less than 1 minute) video.

This 'Cooler Karlach' mod lets you make your big demon wife even better with added scars and demonic grit
https://www.pcgamer.com/this-cooler-karlach-mod-lets-you-make-your-big-demon-wife-even-better-with-added-scars-and-demonic-grit/
I like Karlach—she's got the energy of a golden retriever despite being able to rip and tear until the job is done. I am, however, impressed by how untouched her face is. Her body's a mess of muscle and scar tissue, but her visage? Pristine, untouched. Well, if you ever wanted her to be more battle-damaged, the modding community's got you.
Karlach enjoyed a major glow-up during her early access days—her work-in-progress model was a lot smaller and far less beefy. This is to be expected, as everything from that time was a hefty work in progress. Before she hit the gym and got yoked on the fires of Avernus, though, players managed to datamine a preview of her, according to the mod's creator, labotor:
"A certain datamined version of Karlach was circulated around [in early access] that included a new scarred and beefier bodytype + accompanying face," labotor wrote. "The body ended up introduced in Patch 7... but Larian, to the surprise of some, opted to go for a different, much softer face.
Some liked it, but quite a few (me included) were disappointed - nothing about the new face says 'grizzled, battle-hardened warrior that's been trapped ripping demons apart in the Hells' … hence this mod."
>> The article has a single screenshot.

If you like the way D&D's eldritch blast works in Baldur's Gate 3, now you can blast away in Skyrim too
https://www.pcgamer.com/if-you-like-the-way-dandds-eldritch-blast-works-in-baldurs-gate-3-now-you-blast-away-in-skyrim-too/
In Dungeons & Dragons fifth edition, warlocks don't get a lot of spell slots from whatever patron they cut a deal with to get their magic powers. It's not as bad as it seems though, both because those spell slots refresh even if you take just a short rest, and because warlocks have access to one of the best cantrips in D&D.
Cantrips are spells you don't need to spend a slot to cast, endlessly repeatable little powerhouses that warlocks in particular rely on. None more so than eldritch blast, a straightforward damage-dealer that can be improved as you level. Agonizing blast is an upgrade invocation that increases its damage, while repelling blast adds a knockback effect, pushing away enemies you hit.
The latter is what makes it so useful in Baldur's Gate 3, where you're constantly fighting on the edges of cliffs and chasms. Doesn't matter how big that bag of hit points you're facing is, nobody survives being pushed off a floating platform in the Astral Plane.
Know what other RPG has a lot of fighting on cliffs? Good old Skyrim, and now its players can get in on the eldritch action. Thanks to a mod for Skyrim Special Edition by Shepiao, the Dragonborn can hurl green bolts of energy too, and they come with repelling blast built in. Using the same effect as the unrelenting force dragonshout, Skyrim's eldritch blast spell lets you hurl bandits off ledges to their death, after which you can climb down and loot them.
>> There's a roughly 2 minutes video of the mod.

GAMING NEWS

Gothic 1 Remake gets a new beautiful in-engine trailer
https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/gothic-1-remake-gets-a-new-beautiful-in-engine-trailer/
Gothic fans, here is something for you. THQ Nordic has released a brand new in-engine trailer for Gothic 1 Remake. This trailer should give you an idea of the graphics that this upcoming remake will feature.

Outcast – A New Beginning gets a new gameplay trailer
https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/outcast-a-new-beginning-gets-a-new-gameplay-trailer/
THQ Nordic has released a new gameplay trailer for its third-person open-world action adventure game, Outcast – A New Beginning. This video highlights some of the gameplay mechanics of this new Outcast game, so be sure to watch it.

Trailers for TMNT: The Last Ronin, Trine 5, Alone in the Dark, Wreckreation, SOUTH PARK: SNOW DAY! and more
https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/trailers-for-tmnt-the-last-ronin-trine-5-alone-in-the-dark-wreckreation-south-park-snow-day-and-more/
At THQ Nordic Digital Showcase 2023, the publisher announced TMNT: The Last Ronin and SOUTH PARK: SNOW DAY!. Moreover, THQ Nordic shared new trailers for Alone in the Dark, Trine 5, Tempest Rising, Space For Sale and Last Train. As such, we’ve decided to share all of them in one big article.
>> Alex_The_Hedgehog has made a thread about the South Park trailer.

Baldur’s Gate 3 Hotfix 3 released, fixing over 200 bugs & issues
https://www.dsogaming.com/patches/baldurs-gate-3-hotfix-3-released-fixing-over-200-bugs-issues/
Yesterday, Larian Studios released the second hotfix for Baldur’s Gate 3 which resolved over 300 crashes and bugs. And in just a day, the developers released Hotfix 3 which addresses over 200 bugs and issues.

STALKER 2: Heart of Chornobyl release date potentially leaked
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/stalker-2-heart-of-chornobyl-release-date-potentially-leaked/
It appears that the release date for the highly anticipated STALKER 2: Heart of Chornobyl may have been leaked by Koch Media’s Store. However, since this date has not been confirmed by GSC GameWorld, we strongly suggest taking it with a grain of salt.

Battlefield 2042 Patch 5.2.1 released, and here are all its fixes, tweaks and changes
https://www.dsogaming.com/patches/battlefield-2042-patch-5-2-1-released-and-here-are-all-its-fixes-tweaks-and-changes/
DICE has just released Patch 5.2.1 for Battlefield 2042, and revealed its complete changelog/update notes. Patch 5.2.1 is a small Quality of Life Update to address some immediate issues that have been brought to DICE’s attention following the release of the Battlefield 2042 Update 5.2.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Monday news, part two:

After 25 years this strategy city builder series is finally getting official mod support
https://www.pcgamer.com/after-25-years-this-strategy-city-builder-series-is-finally-getting-official-mod-support/
Part of the lasting appeal of a game like Cities: Skylines is the thousands and thousands of mods created by its community. Maps, buildings, landmarks, vehicles, roads, themes, and sometimes entire new game systems are constantly being created by modders, meaning every time you sit down to design a city you'll find something brand new to add to it.
So it's always great news when a publisher embraces the modding community instead of just tolerating it, even if it takes them a while to come around. In this case it's been about 25 years coming: the Anno series of strategy city builders has been around since 1998, first developed by Max Design and later by Ubisoft Blue Byte. This month marks the first time in Anno series history that it will have official mod support.

Shadowrun 2007 almost had a System Shock-style singleplayer campaign
https://www.pcgamer.com/shadowrun-2007-almost-had-a-system-shock-style-singleplayer-campaign/
The cyberpunk-fantasy world of 1989 tabletop RPG Shadowrun has been adapted into videogames multiple times, beginning with an RPG for the SNES all the way back in 2003. In 2007, FASA Studio and Microsoft released a multiplayer shooter in the vein of Counter-Strike based on the setting, and it sank like a stone. At the time, a full-price shooter that was multiplayer-only was an even bigger risk than it would be today, and fans of Shadowrun saw it as a genre mismatch. On release, it reviewed poorly and sold worse.
While designer Bill Fulton has http://www.msxbox-world.com/xbox360/features/article/259/Exclusive-Shadowrun-Interview-with-Bill-Fulton-of-FASA-Studios.html">previously said, "Shadowrun was originally envisioned as a game with a full campaign mode," more information about what that campaign would be like and why it was cut was revealed during a recent video AMA with the developers.

That one FPS with the chainsaw leg dropped and people are loving it
https://www.pcgamer.com/that-one-fps-with-the-chainsaw-legs-dropped-and-people-are-loving-it/
Furiously bloody shooter Turbo Overkill is now available in full, launching from Early Access on August 11th from developer Trigger Happy Interactive and publisher Apogee Entertainment. It's one we've described as the "hyper violent FPS of my dreams" and "boomer shooter bliss" but which should be best known for its greatest feature.

Check out this goofy, heavy metal indie RPG
https://www.pcgamer.com/check-out-this-goofy-heavy-metal-indie-rpg/
Ready for some sick musical warfare and kicking in doors? I sure am, so that's why I'm serving up Deathbulge: Battle of the Bands, a musically inclined heavy metal RPG that's both goofy and whimsical. It's in the vein of silly RPGs like Costume Quest, a game where you will kick down every single door in the entire game because nobody knows how to open a door in this world. Be sure to level up your door kicking skill!

Get your speedrun marathon fix with Flame Fatales 2023
https://www.pcgamer.com/get-your-speedrun-marathon-fix-with-flame-fatales-2023-this-week/
Late summer's premier videogame speedrunning event takes off this week, as Flame Fatales 2023 looks to raise money for Malala Fund, benefitting women's education around the world. Running from August 13th to 19th, Flame Fatales 2023 features an array of skilled speedrunners doing their thing for about 12 hours a day, every day, while chat donates to cheer them on and/or make their lives harder.

There are remasters of the Strong Bad games from 2008 and you can play them now
https://www.pcgamer.com/there-are-remasters-of-the-strong-bad-games-from-2008-and-you-can-play-them-now/
Back in the early 2000s the flash animations of Homestar Runner duo The Brothers Chaps were some of the best goofs, laughs, and general hilarity you could find on the internet. There were even a few point-and-click adventure games out there to play. Now they're back, and better than ever, as Strong Bad's spinoff Dangeresque adventures come to town.

Here's a free shooter for fans of Vampire Survivors and Brotato
https://www.pcgamer.com/heres-a-free-shooter-for-fans-of-vampire-survivors-and-brotato/
We're all into this whole "reverse bullet hell" or "bullet heaven" genre these days, ever since Vampire Survivors kicked the arcade-style gameplay of this genre back into full gear and into the public eye. A recent free game called Disfigure has released for free on Steam, and it's yet more of that thing you probably quite like by now. The twist here? It's dark, and you've got to figure out your own strategy for dealing with a limited cone or circle of vision when enemies are coming from every side.

Writer of the best Saints Row games is now IP director of Far Cry
https://www.pcgamer.com/writer-of-the-best-saints-row-games-is-now-ip-director-of-far-cry/
Drew Holmes, lead writer on Far Cry 5 and Far Cry: New Dawn, is now the series' IP director. As he wrote on his LinkedIn page, "It's been an exciting few months... I'm happy to share that I'm starting a new position as IP Director of FAR CRY at Ubisoft! We have big things in store".

Rainbow Six Siege is getting a new operator
https://www.pcgamer.com/rainbow-six-siege-is-getting-a-new-operator/
I realize "Rainbow Six Siege is getting a new operator" is at a "Malibu Stacy is getting a new hat" level of predictability at this point, but that doesn't mean it isn't happening or that I'm not going to tell you about it. Rainbow Six Siege is getting a new operator, her codename is Ram, and she's from Korea.

Hamilton Simulator in Roblox lets you sing enemies to death with characters from the musical
https://www.pcgamer.com/hamilton-simulator-in-roblox-lets-you-sing-enemies-to-death-with-characters-from-the-musical/
Thanks to the hit musical, we all know and love the story of Alexander Hamilton. Starting life as an orphan, he sailed to America, where he sang at British soldiers until they died and dropped gold coins, which he used to buy all his friends and family from a gacha machine until he became a Founding Father. It's a tale as old as time.
At least I'm assuming that's the story, and that the newly released Hamilton Simulator for Roblox is therefore 100% faithful. Developed by major Roblox creator Super League, it's essentially a light RPG featuring the music and locations of the musical, in which you collect the cast as companion characters who follow you around and battle for you. According to a report by the AP, it even has the blessing of Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda himself.

And, to save time to those not into Baldur's Gate 3, here are the non-mod related articles about it that went live during the weekend:

If you're stuck in the middle of Baldur's Gate 3's karmic dice debate, Larian says you should think of it like 'a friendly DM'
https://www.pcgamer.com/if-youre-stuck-in-the-middle-of-baldurs-gate-3s-karmic-dice-debate-larian-says-you-should-think-of-it-like-a-friendly-dm/
There's been a lot of chatter in the last few weeks about whether you should have Baldur's Gate 3's karmic dice option turned on or off. It's something that's turned on by default, intended to help level the playing field a bit and throw a few good rolls your way when things are looking very much bad and vice versa. Some players claimed that it was actively gimping their high-end gameplay though, with enemies receiving the same treatment with fudged dice rolls—dealing massive damage and causing survivability issues all round. Despite Larian saying it was an early access issue that would be fixed in the full release, there's still been tons of players going to bat for both sides of the argument.
With so much uncertainty around the feature, IGN noted that director of publishing Michael Douse has attempted to boil down the way they work in the best way possible. "It's an option," he tweeted. "Options are good. If you feel like you're failing too many rolls, it'll balance it out like a friendly DM. Like D&D groups, we give folks options to help hone the experience to their taste." In a follow-up tweet, Douse added: "The dice will always ensure you have a story to tell, but if you want the RNG gods to be slightly weighted in your favour, then karmic dice is for you."

PSA: You can improve DLSS in Baldur's Gate 3 with this easy 3 minute tweak
https://www.pcgamer.com/psa-you-can-improve-dlss-in-baldurs-gate-3-with-this-easy-3-minute-tweak/
Baldur's Gate 3 is a flexible game: with low settings it's possible to run on the Steam Deck, while cranked up to ultra it looks quite nice on a powerful desktop without gobbling up every last megabyte of VRAM your graphics card can spare. On my RTX 3070-equipped PC I'm running it on ultra settings with a 120 fps framerate cap, and using DLSS to ensure my game runs smoothly above 60 fps even when spells start popping off in battle. But this is one of those games I'm so excited about that I find myself wanting to tinker to get the absolute best experience. If you're the same, I've got a really easy tip to follow: updating the version of DLSS Baldur's Gate 3 is using to the latest and greatest.
>> Mind you, it will still be DLSS 2, not 3.

Nice to smite you: Paladin is Baldur's Gate 3's most popular class
https://www.pcgamer.com/nice-to-smite-you-paladins-are-baldurs-gate-3s-most-popular-class/
When I made my Paladin in Baldur's Gate 3, I thought I was being different. Surely others will pick one of the cooler Baldur's Gate 3 classes—aloof rogues or self-serving sorcerers—and not a stodgy devotee of divine virtue, right?
Nope. In a big statistics dump from Baldur's Gate 3's first week, Larian revealed that Paladin is the most-picked class so far. Here's the full list, from most to least-picked.

I can't believe 35% of Baldur's Gate 3 players already took the evil route
https://www.pcgamer.com/i-cant-believe-35-of-baldurs-gate-3-players-already-took-the-evil-route/
Baldur's Gate 3 has been out for a week so let's check the tape, shall we? Larian Studios posted a big infographic of first week stats and most things check out: Elves are popular and gnomes are gnot. Everyone likes petting the dog and also talking to animals. My fellow Paladins are on top of the class choice, nice. But wait, 35% of you decided to assault the Emerald Grove? Over a third of us are going the evil route? Actually, I'm a little proud.

Only a few hundred people finished Baldur's Gate 3 in its first weekend
https://www.pcgamer.com/only-a-few-hundred-people-finished-baldurs-gate-3-in-its-first-weekend/
Of the dozens of people in my circles making their way through Baldur's Gate 3, most of them are still wrapping up Act 1 or just getting into Act 2. I'm entering Act 3 after 45 hours and it still feels like there's a lot of game left. But most of that content is sidequests—the main quest has actually proven fairly straightforward, which is why I'm surprised only 368 people managed to finish the game during its first weekend.

PSA: You can trade with lots of Baldur's Gate 3 NPCs who aren't traders
https://www.pcgamer.com/psa-you-can-trade-with-lots-of-baldurs-gate-3-npcs-who-arent-traders/
Here's a thing about Baldur's Gate 3 you might not know if you haven't played previous Larian games. On the left-hand side of the dialogue screen there's a row of icons, shortcuts that let you read back over the conversation, attack whoever you're talking to, or switch to another character who isn't in the conversation so they can get into position to attack whoever you're talking to. (Or pinch all the stuff behind them while they're distracted by whoever's doing the talking.) Sometimes, one of those icons is "trade".
Even NPCs who aren't flagged on the map as merchants and don't have a dialogue option like "show me your wares" can be traded with if this icon's active. A random druid in the Emerald Grove will just be carrying around a potion of healing, some mugwort, a book about vampires, and one carrot, all of which she'll happily sell you. Nearby, Rolan the tiefling has a scroll of detect thoughts should you need one.

This Owlbear orbital strike in Baldur's Gate 3 can deal 1,170 points of bludgeoning damage, which is enough to kill an adult red dragon four times
https://www.pcgamer.com/this-owlbear-orbital-strike-in-baldurs-gate-3-can-deal-1170-points-of-bludgeoning-damage-which-is-enough-to-kill-an-adult-red-dragon-four-times/
Typically, galaxy-brained hijinks like the one I'm about to dive into are usually confined to the realms of pen and paper—abusing some quirk from a DM's homebrew rulings in a game of Dungeons and Dragons.
But thanks to some of Larian's design decisions, druids in Baldur's Gate 3 can turn their owlbear wildshape into a living meteor, using it to deal anywhere from 800 to a whopping 1,170 damage against the right enemy. For context, I have my Monster Manual open in front of me: an Adult Red Dragon, a monster designed to pose a threat to a party of four level 17 characters, has 256 hit points. This is enough to kill that monster four times.

AMD Expected To Offer High-End RDNA 3 “Navi 31” GPUs In Radeon RX 7000M Mobility Lineup

https://wccftech.com/amd-high-end-radeon-rx-7000m-rdna-3-gpu-navi-31-sku/

It will be interesting to see how it performs as RDNA 3 doesn't perform well if you heavily limit the power

Intel Alder Lake CPUs get a price cut: Core i9-12900KF at $330, i7-12700KF at $220 and i5-12600KF drops to $156

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-alder-lake-cpus-get-a-price-cut-core-i9-12900kf-at-330-i7-12700kf-at-220-and-i5-12600kf-drops-to-156

Intel next-gen Arrow Lake-S CPU to feature 3MB cache per each Performance core

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-next-gen-arrow-lake-s-cpu-to-feature-3mb-cache-per-each-performance-core

Very interesting, we can now run old or light PC games on Android using this emulator but keep in mind that fallout 3 can't hit 60fps even on Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 which is the fastest android SoC at the moment

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 14 August 2023

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Take it with all the salt you can find given the source:

AMD's answer to Nvidia's Frame Gen graphics tech will finally arrive in September according to report
https://www.pcgamer.com/amds-answer-to-nvidias-frame-gen-graphics-tech-will-finally-arrive-in-september-according-to-report/
When AMD announced its next-gen FSR 3 graphics scaling with Fluid Motion Frames technology last year, it was hard not to get the impression that the whole thing was a bit of a knee-jerk reaction to Nvidia's DLSS 3 with Frame generation. Did AMD actually have anything already in the works or was it scrambling to even get started?

Fast forward nine months and AMD's answer to Frame Generation remains nowhere to be seen, suggesting that its Fluid Motion Frames technology had been fairly hypothetical when announced back in November.

But, rejoice, for now there are indications that FSR 3 and Fluid Motion Frames technology could finally appear next month. According to YouTube channel Moore's Law is Dead, AMD will finally launch FSR 3 with Fluid Motion in September to tie in with new RDNA 3 GPUs.

On one side, it's MLiD, so the credibility is low, but on the other hand, it makes sense to launch it by then after failing to do so with the other card launches.

We'll see.