By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Those Lies of P requirement specs are the most complete ones I've ever seen.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Captain_Yuri said:

RTX 2060 supposed to be enough but at the same time 8GB VRAM minimum? How does that work out?

I suspect that they either meant the 2060 Super, which comes with 8GB, or the 3060 with it's 12GB VRAM.

Maybe? The Super is 10% faster than the 2060, which would be much more like the 6800 in Cyberpunk RT.  I guess the vanilla 2060 is probably the slowest GPU that made the cut to 30 fps, with the 6700/6750 XT just below.

episteme said:
hinch said:

There was no CPU on the market that could run it at 30 FPS at stock. But the Core 2 Duos could be overclocked to over 4 GHz most of the time.

Another issue back then was that the flat screen monitors of the time were terrible when you had to play below native resolution.

Crysis was definitely GPU limited. This is with a stock Core 2 Duo at 2.66 GHz.

You can argue that higher settings do have more CPU limitations due to increased draw calls but they were still going ~ 50 fps on these same higher-end cards (which all cost less than 400 dollars back then...)

Later it would look much more CPU limited as people pursued higher framerates with next-gen GPUs but that's because it was very very single-threaded.

JEMC said:

Hev they given any reason for delisting it?

The usual reason to delist a game is the expiring rights of music and such, but I'm not sure if SC V has any licensed music.

Only one piece of licensed DLC - Ezio from Assassin's Creed.

What glorious and detailed specifications. Good job P.

Around the Network

What are some games you guys like at this E3 but not an E3? Would be interesting to see what tickled your fancy.

I thought xbox and ubi had decent stuff. Life is busy so none of the games are day 1 but had some decent things.

Am gonna cut down on pvp a bit. Eats too many brain cell but when i have half an hour. I end up playing that as hard to get into single player mode.

green_sky said:

What are some games you guys like at this E3 but not an E3? Would be interesting to see what tickled your fancy.

I thought xbox and ubi had decent stuff. Life is busy so none of the games are day 1 but had some decent things.

Am gonna cut down on pvp a bit. Eats too many brain cell but when i have half an hour. I end up playing that as hard to get into single player mode.

Starfield would be at the top of my list. Really most of the ones I am interested was ironically shown on the xbox press event.

Metaphor: ReFantazio, Cities Skylines 2, Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth, Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the goddess, Clockwork Revolution and Cyberpunk Phanton Liberty. I skipped Ubisoft cause I just can't give any fucks about their games. Playstation event was meh. FFXVI looks decent and I think I'll skip Spiderman 2 cause Marvel Fatigue.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

episteme said:

damn, those CPU requirements for 60 FPS are crazy, way higher than current Cyberpunk. And it's strange that there's no higher CPU requirement going from Ultra with no RT to RT Overdrive. But it increases from High no RT to Ultra no RT which shouldn't really make a difference.

Ayyy lmao, I'm sporting the 6700k variant, and they list the i7-6700 as the bare minimum for 30fps at 1080p, and yet I was actually able to lay 2077 at nearly 72fps lock for a good chunk of the time and now suddenly I won't apparently?.

Optimisation doesn't mean anything to CDPR anymore it seems, just "crank those numbers high, CDPR high!, crank, crank those numbahs high!".

For real though, I uninstalled 2077 a few months ago, because the game in general felt rather lifeless to me, and since I don't have access to RT, I ended up caring less, so I don't think I'm even going to check back in for this expansion either, especially seeing as how CDPR is telling me there's no point unless I sell my soul for some chunky hardware (that still likely won't run at as smooth as they say). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

green_sky said:

Learned about DORF RTS, and I think it's my 2nd most anticipated RTS, besides Tempest rising. Stormgate whelmed me, but also felt like it was treading into "oh no, another PVP RTS" (doesn't help that it's going F2P and their first showing of actual gameplay was a 1v1 PVP match). 

There's a few indies here and there that I saw via Steam's Summer fest, though most of these are coming out in 2024 in early access, so my expectations/excitement is toned back for now.

Tbh, the stuff I knew that was coming before these events (like Armored Core), I was already looking forward to, but I do like that we've got a few RTS games next year, but I do wish we saw more announced stuff for games coming out in 6 months from now or something (Like Armored core). I am definitely going to nab Dragon's Dogma 2, as the first really gelled well with me (And I love the Beast folk, since they remind me of FF a bit).

There isn't much from the AAA space besides DD2 and Armored Core that I know excite me and have me waiting for them patiently (still dont know why people pre-order digital games with these events, wish listing I understand).

I also feel that due to my hardware getting on with time, and my inability to upgrade for god knows how long, the other AAA's like Starfield are out of my reach (and it's Beth, so I expect an assload of bugs and perf that will never be fixed due to their engine being ass), so I'm likely just going to go with Capcom's AAA's, Armored Core, and the rest being smaller indie titles.

Biggest disappointment from these shows were:

• PCgamer show felt like a snoozefest, outside of what was already shown at other events (save for DORF, which looked great, and Stormgate which looked meh)

• MS's show was alright, but most of their stuff is a while away, and I've not much hope for Fable, and I was disappointed by Obsidian's showcase.

• Ubisoft I care little for these days, and Prince of Persia looked horrid and not anything like what came before, with Skull & Bones being mid looking/sounding, and though I would like to take a shot at Creed Mirage, I'm not really up for supporting Ubisoft, because Mirage and most of the games they showed off, are locked down to just their store or EGS (which means they didn't actually learn fuck all about them losing sales by ignoring Steam these past few years).

• Sony shouldn't have even hosted that showcase, since it felt like a big nothing burger, and well, as Jim Ryan said a few weeks back "Don't expect PS5 games on PC for 3-5 years", so my interest in anything from Sony is likely to go back to zero until they start caring about my money again in the future.

• That John Carpenter game looked alright, but my disappointment became apparent the moment I discovered it was going to be EGS exclusive, which means I'm never playing that game in this lifetime (I don't support devs/publishers by buying the game a year later on Steam, because I'm not a lap dog who barks on command and waits to reward them with money for making me wait a year).

Ultimately, I still feel like everyone hasn't learned much of a lesson, and are still announcing stuff too early, especially the indies (Dorf is apparently 1-2 years away from full release, and though I like how I was able to discover it now, I am not at all fond of having to wait this long, and would have preferred them showcase their game much closer to final release).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

green_sky said:

Starfield looking a bit better than I thought it would, but still has a ways to go, especially in character models and combat. The AC: Mirage showcase was actually a pleasant surprise, it's not visually impressive at this point (but bound to improve before launch), but shows that their claim of "going back to the roots" wasn't unfounded. Another pleasant surprise was Star Wars: Outlaws, I loved the way it looked and felt, and it's probably the most excited I've been about an Ubisoft game since AC: IV - Black Flag.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Phantom Liberty was another great display, I'll be getting the full package once it releases, let the new rig stretch its legs a bit!