By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

is that a supra?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

If you guys want to check the new games announced this not-E3, or the latest trailers for the games that were revealed before, PCGamer has you covered:

Every game at not-E3 2022

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/every-game-e3-2022-summer-game-fest/

Thet also include if the game will come to PC or not... but so far only two games fall in the no side, and they are FF 16 and RE4 Remake, and we all know that they'll come to our platform sooner rather than later.

Oh, and they'll keep updating it to include the games from the eventrs that haven't taken place yet.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

AMD Financial Analyst Day Recap: All The CPU & GPU Roadmaps Ft. Zen 5, RDNA 3, CDNA 4 & Respective Product Families

https://wccftech.com/amd-financial-analyst-day-recap-all-the-cpu-gpu-roadmaps-ft-zen-5-rdna-3-cdna-4-respective-product-families/

"Following is the full list of Zen CPU cores confirmed by the red team:

• Zen 4 - 5nm (2022)
  • Zen 4 V-Cache 5nm (2023)
  • Zen 4C - 4nm (2023)
  • Zen 5 - 4nm (2024)
  • Zen 5 V-Cache - 4nm (2024+)
  • Zen 5C - 3nm - (2024+)"

So let me get this straight. AMD's plan is to have Zen 4 with 8-10% ipc uplift and around 15% ST uplift until 2024??? Are they serious? Currently, it's hard to tell whether or not Zen 4 will even be able to beat a 5800X3D in gaming let alone 12900k and the upcoming Raptor Lake which is supposed to have increased cache for gaming. Then in 2023, Intel will have Meteor Lake.

Meanwhile, RDNA 3 has no Ray Tracing/ML info in sight. Is the Ray Tracing performance so bad that they aren't even gonna mention it?

Really not a good outlook for Red Team so far but hopefully, it will change in the coming months. I will be interested to see what the "C" editions bring to the table.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

AMD Financial Analyst Day Recap: All The CPU & GPU Roadmaps Ft. Zen 5, RDNA 3, CDNA 4 & Respective Product Families

https://wccftech.com/amd-financial-analyst-day-recap-all-the-cpu-gpu-roadmaps-ft-zen-5-rdna-3-cdna-4-respective-product-families/

• Zen 4 - 5nm (2022)
  • Zen 4C - 4nm (2023)
  • Zen 5 - 4nm (2024)

So let me get this straight. AMD's plan is to have Zen 4 with 8-10% ipc uplift and around 15% ST uplift until 2024??? Are they serious? Currently, it's hard to tell whether or not Zen 4 will even be able to beat a 5800X3D in gaming let alone 12900k and the upcoming Raptor Lake which is supposed to have increased cache for gaming. Then in 2023, Intel will have Meteor Lake.

Meanwhile, RDNA 3 has no Ray Tracing/ML info in sight. Is the Ray Tracing performance so bad that they aren't even gonna mention it?

Really not a good outlook for Red Team so far but hopefully, it will change in the coming months. I will be interested to see what the "C" editions bring to the table.

Yuri, pal, take it easy. Take a deep breath and relax. You're overthinking.

I'd be very surprised, and disappointed, if AMD decided all of a sudden to stop pushing forward the performance of its CPUs just now that Intel is back in the game. I'm sure that the V-cache and 4C refreshes will bring improvements and probably higher clocks that will improve the performance of Zen4, and the same goes for Zen5.

As for RDNA3, are you really angry at them because they've managed to do a better job than Nvidia and keep the leaks at a minimum? Really? Don't you remember how it was the same thing with RDNA2, where we didn't know until very late that it would indeed have dedicated RT cores?

Remember how 3 weeks ago we got the last "leak" about Navi3x and it said that the GPU wouldn't use chiplets after all? And guess what, it was BS.

For some reason, AMD is better at keeping its secrets than Nvidia is. I'm sorry if this bothers you, but they're doing their job.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Captain_Yuri said:

• Zen 4 - 5nm (2022)
  • Zen 4C - 4nm (2023)
  • Zen 5 - 4nm (2024)

I'd be very surprised, and disappointed, if AMD decided all of a sudden to stop pushing forward the performance of its CPUs just now that Intel is back in the game. I'm sure that the V-cache and 4C refreshes will bring improvements and probably higher clocks that will improve the performance of Zen4, and the same goes for Zen5.

As for RDNA3, are you really angry at them because they've managed to do a better job than Nvidia and keep the leaks at a minimum? Really? Don't you remember how it was the same thing with RDNA2, where we didn't know until very late that it would indeed have dedicated RT cores?

Remember how 3 weeks ago we got the last "leak" about Navi3x and it said that the GPU wouldn't use chiplets after all? And guess what, it was BS.

For some reason, AMD is better at keeping its secrets than Nvidia is. I'm sorry if this bothers you, but they're doing their job.

I hope so but so far, Zen 4 doesn't look very good. Ever since Ryzen 5000, AMD has been doing a lot of wrongs than rights and Zen 4 seems to continue that trend.

I am not basing RDNA3 on leaks, I am basing it on AMD's official announcements or more so, lack there of. I was hoping they would be like, significant Ray Tracing uplift or something for ML but there isn't. Remember how little amount Ray Tracing got mentioned during RDNA 2 launch from AMD? RDNA 3 feels similar so far.

I would like to be proven wrong on both fronts and maybe it is too early. But I really hope Zen 4 doesn't turn out to be AMD's rocket lake in gaming.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
JEMC said:

I hope so but so far, Zen 4 doesn't look very good. Ever since Ryzen 5000, AMD has been doing a lot of wrongs than rights and Zen 4 seems to continue that trend.

I am not basing RDNA3 on leaks, I am basing it on AMD's official announcements or more so, lack there of. I was hoping they would be like, significant Ray Tracing uplift or something for ML but there isn't. Remember how little amount Ray Tracing got mentioned during RDNA 2 launch from AMD? RDNA 3 feels similar so far.

I would like to be proven wrong on both fronts and maybe it is too early. But I really hope Zen 4 doesn't turn out to be AMD's rocket lake in gaming.

You this is all from their financial stuff day. They only talk about what's to come that will keep the money coming and why they think they manage to do it.

For real, deep info about their products, we'll have to wait until they do their conferences and detail every part of it, just like Nvidia does.

And yes, AMD has taken a lot of wrong decisions since th launch of Zen3 & RDNA2, but most of them have revolved around the price and availability, not the hardware itself.

JEMC said:
Captain_Yuri said:

You this is all from their financial stuff day. They only talk about what's to come that will keep the money coming and why they think they manage to do it.

For real, deep info about their products, we'll have to wait until they do their conferences and detail every part of it, just like Nvidia does.

And yes, AMD has taken a lot of wrong decisions since th launch of Zen3 & RDNA2, but most of them have revolved around the price and availability, not the hardware itself.

Not just financial day but the slides they showed yesterday. But yes, I agree that it's too early to tell for sure. I was just hoping AMD would lay the Zen 4 concerns to rest but after showing 8-10% ipc increase, for me, that made things worse. And if they are doing this on purpose just to show the real performance later, then it's also very dumb of them and unprofessional. My biggest fear is they are focusing on stomping Intel in the server space while coming out with "good enough" CPUs in the consumer space instead of pushing the boundaries like they did in the past. But we will see.

And no, there were a number of products that AMD has released where the hardware itself weren't very good. 5600G was slower than 11400 if I remember correctly let alone 12400 while limiting you to PCI-E Gen 3. 6500XT had only 4 lanes of PCI-E gen 4 and 4GB of Vram and it lacked several decoders that even their iGPUs have. If Nvidia and Intel can produce great budget tier products, so can AMD which in fact they did prior to 5000 series.

Another Morrowind post? What are are you (re)playing, TallSilhouette?

No, but apparently YouTube thinks I am.