By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

God of War PC: AMD FSR 2.0 vs Nvidia DLSS Image/ Motion Quality Face-Off

He goes through 10 tests, DLSS > FSR 9/10, FSR wins in Depth of Field. Alex does also mention the added benefit of DLSS which is being able to replace the dll file with the newer version of DLSS which you can't do with FSR.

FSR is generally better than TAAU but there were a few instances where it's worse

AMD confirms Ryzen 8000 lineup: “Strix Point” Zen4 APU to feature RDNA3+ graphics, desktop “Granite Ridge” Zen5 CPU series now official

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-confirms-ryzen-8000-lineup-strix-point-zen4-apu-to-feature-rdna3-graphics-desktop-granite-ridge-zen5-cpu-series-now-official

If there's one area that AMD has continuously been impressive is in their GPU performance in APUs. The RDNA GPUs in handhelds and 6000 series mobile CPUs have been insanely good so them adding RDNA3 GPUs to Zen 4 APUs will be interesting to see. The main comparison I am looking forward to is against M1 Pro Macs.

MSI launches first prebuilt desktop PC with Intel Arc A380 graphics card, 6GB memory confirmed

https://videocardz.com/newz/msi-launches-first-prebuilt-desktop-pc-with-intel-arc-a380-graphics-card-6gb-memory-confirmed

21-year-old Return to Castle Wolfenstein game to get a path tracing mod thanks to AMD engineer

https://videocardz.com/newz/21-year-old-return-to-castle-wolfenstein-game-to-get-a-path-tracing-mod-thanks-to-amd-engineer

It will be interesting to see how this will perform

Intel 14th Gen Core “Meteor Lake-P” die shot with 6 Performance and 8 Efficient cores has been revealed

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-14th-gen-core-meteor-lake-p-die-shot-with-6-performance-and-8-efficient-cores-has-been-revealed

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

PS5/PS4: Hacker TheFloW discloses Blu-ray Disc exploit toolchain. PS5 piracy not a matter of “if”, but “when”

https://wololo.net/2022/06/11/ps5-ps4-hacker-theflow-discloses-blu-ray-disc-exploit-toolchain-ps5-piracy-not-a-matter-of-if-but-when/

"Hacker TheFloW has disclosed a series of Blu-ray exploits that impact PS4 and PS5. (PS3 likely too). When chained together, the exploits can lead to loading pirated discs on PS5, and a full Jailbreak on PS4, the disclosure says. What’s more, the exploit is “100% reliable”, which could be a huge difference from recent Webkit-based exploit chains on PS4 which require a lot of retries."

Bluray burner sales suddenly increases

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

So we're back to the PS2 days, when the console sold so much not only because it had all the games (minus the obvious ones), but also because people could get their games for free.

It's also good luck that the disc-based console is the one that Sony produces the most because it's the only one of the two that's profitable right now, making this discovery an even better deal.

Now we'll have to wait and see if the sales of BD burners and discs increase or not.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Imagine if the ps3 emulation guys ports RPCS3 to the ps5 when it gets jail-broken and it performs better than the paywall cloud version that Sony charges for.

And with mods, like those that reshade the textures, to play them with better visuals as well.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

So I have been watching various space shows on my Macbook Pro such as "For All Mankind" on Apple TV. The black levels on the Macbook is insane but one thing they never tell you is how it feels when it goes from pure black scene at night to full day time transition with the blinding sun...

Also found under the experience subsection of the posted job:

"1-3 years of relevant experience working on a live service game, preferably in analytics, monetization, QA or production."

Yeah, no, I'm out...

It was bad enough when D3 had the shitty auction house, but it's another to have an "in-game" item shop. I've seen what happened with SC II, and though ppl are cool with it going F2P, I wasn't, because now the game has content in the game that totals up to around £200, despite me having paid for all 3 expansions, which was close to £120's worth at the time of each release combined (original price). 

Having an RTS game trying to copy train simulator with "added content", and now an ARPG is just getting stupid. Why can't we just have games released fully feature complete and not having tacked on content that goes beyond £100. Yes I know it's optional, but that doesn't stop it from being annoying, because if I want to own all the content in SC II, I'll need to fork over £200, and for an RTS, that's absolutely insane to imagine (And this is why I'm really bummed about Frost Giant's upcoming RTS, which is going F2P and will likely include an cash shop and a load of content that totals the price over time). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Captain_Yuri said:

So I have been watching various space shows on my Macbook Pro such as "For All Mankind" on Apple TV. The black levels on the Macbook is insane but one thing they never tell you is how it feels when it goes from pure black scene at night to full day time transition with the blinding sun...

That's one of my problems with the HDR monitors and TVs, specially monitors as we're closer to them. The high brights are great in theory, but a real pain in the ass in some practical cases.

Chazore said:

Why can't we just have games released fully feature complete and not having tacked on content that goes beyond £100.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0kcet4aPpQ

The more I hear about DI, the worse it seems to get lol.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

BasilZero said:

Wasnt there suppose to be a PC gaming show? lmao

Yes, later today:

How to watch the PC Gaming Show
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/how-to-watch-pc-gaming-show-2022/
Sort out your snack and beverage logistics: It's almost time for this year's PC Gaming Show. The biggest PC gaming event of the year will be livestreamed Today, June 12 at 12:30 pm Pacific. Look for the preshow on Twitch (opens in new tab) and YouTube (opens in new tab) following the Xbox and Bethesda Showcase, and tune in by 12:30 pm PT to catch all the game trailers and exclusive announcements live with the rest of the world.