By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Microsoft cutting 360 Arcade price to €199 in Europe

For this price, maybe I'd buy a 360. I'd probably evaluate whether I'm missing much by buying this model, and then I'd decide.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

This will just make Sony decide to lower the price of the PS3... both Microsoft and Sony are breaking even on their consoles now.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

darthdevidem01 said:
THis happens

then expect 120GB in UK for £299

& PS3 40GB for £199

I think SONY will continue this price war....seeing as they were in profit
It's just not fair that it cost £425 for us early adopters, although I might be interested in a £200 Premium, although the arcade just does not appeal to me

hmmm i figured that the prices in europe will fall far greater then in the U.S.

I personally thought Sony will do that first.

This could help to match the PS3 sales numbers

but if they just focus on the arcade sku it will not do so much more ...

Time to Work !

Around the Network

@munkeh11

that risk is always there when buying a product on launch...

too bad if it cost us that much...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

ssj12 said:
This will just make Sony decide to lower the price of the PS3... both Microsoft and Sony are breaking even on their consoles now.

Hasn't MS been making a profit from each console sold for some time now? 

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

>Hasn't MS been making a profit from each console sold for some time now?

I'd hope so. As long as they don't have to replace every one of the console sold now with another due to RRoD, they are pretty comfortably sitting in black

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Kyros said:
Hmmm I originally l had hoped that the 360 would die a fast death like the Xbox. So I could get a console and some best off games in the clearance sale.
But since seems increasingly unlikely this price gets slowly in the area where I would just buy it to play Halo3 and Mass Effects. It wouldn't replace my black monolith simply for aesthetical reasons but I would really like to play Halo... If it was more reliable I would buy one on Ebay.

They appear to have their problems fixed with the Falcons. While there is little empirical data to go on to prove this, NeoGAF has a thread with 1200 broken 360s listed... And two of them are Falcons. Both from the same guy, both optical drive failures.

I think the RRoD may be in the past now. I know that I'm going to give mine another six months and then I'm going to intentionally RRoD it in hopes of getting a Falcon or Jasper (coming in the next six months or so).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

"and then I'm going to intentionally RRoD it "

LOL how do you do that? Cover the air-holes? I think this is a dangerous thing since you apparently often get refurbished old machines from repair. Good luck anyway. BTW it may be possible that the machines that are now on sale are already better but I think buying a used one will still be dangerous for the foreseeable future.