By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One And Xbox 360 Games Win Big At E3

Man, this thread is such a mess.

For every S.T.A.G.E there is someone like me that doesn't give a rats ass what studios relationship to the console manufacturer is or if its a timed exclusive or if its on PC and Xbox 1 at the same time, making it less of an exclusive on consoles... or about exclusives in general.

I firmly believe that in the real world I think we outnumber S.T.A.G.E 10-1.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
sales2099 said:

Their strides in making first party have been happening and failed for two generations now. The new approach is to create new studios of their own because they tend to close down studios or have people leave them. Now that they are finally thinking properly by creating home grown studios we can at least get one good new IP out of their first party now from Black Tusk and I hope that hoping for the best doesn't jinx them. On the orignal Xbox Halo was the game, If their first party was so great, they wouldn't need to constantly go after third party exclusives, but theres a gaping hole in the quality of how most of their games turned out and theres a reason for it. Lets see if they can fix it this gen because I haven't seen very many first party titles from them, but rather from third party. 

Loyalty free indeed, dismissing MS for things that may or may not even happen this gen.

So far, Black Tusk and Project Spark show me that they are going somewhere with this gen positively.

Being able to spot a company's issues as well as what they do well is a loyalty free thing and any company can repent for their sins. Project Spark is basically their answer for Little Big Planet and looks decent. I am more interested in seeing Black Tusk is doing. We'll see.

disolitude said:

For every S.T.A.G.E there is someone like me that doesn't give a rats ass what studios relationship to the console manufacturer is or if its a timed exclusive or if its on PC and Xbox 1 at the same time, making it less of an exclusive on consoles... or about exclusives in general.

Probably right. I'd like to know how many ppl are actually playing games on PC because it seems like a hell of a lot listening to some of these posters. Are the same ppl who play MMOs the same who play console games? I don't think the numbers reflect that. Might be wrong

disolitude said:

So you don't care about brand identity? I love games no matter where they come from but I cannot stress brand identity enough when I focus in on specific console publishers. I never knew that was wrong or a problem. have some pride in your product.

Runa216 said:

The FPS genre is NOT one of the most diversified or rich genres.  Just becuase there are a lot doesn't mean there's depth.  How many modern warfare oriented games ahve their been?  How many Sci Fi alien games?  how many World War 2 games.  There's not a lot of depth, and adding something like mechs only slightly alters the gameplay.  Frankly, the shit you could do in Borderlands was far more innovative and creative.  

And please do explain how it will have a story.  It might have a backstory, but multiplayer-only games don't really tend to have a cohesive narrative. 

Do you play Halo? Do you know how rich is Halo universe?

Do you know that COD has some veridic parts in its stories? Mainly BLOPS 2.

Do you know that there's not that many FPS being released actually like you guys want to make it seem?

What other genre you suggest is less generic than FPS? Let me hear it.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
disolitude said:

So you don't care about brand identity? I love games no matter where they come from but I cannot stress brand identity enough when I focus in on specific console publishers. I never knew that was wrong or a problem. have some pride in your product.

You are a different breed since you wouldn't consider a game like Gears of War as part of the brand for example because MS doesn't own Epic/the IP.

If its one console and not the other, its part of the brand, regardless of the dev/IP ownership.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

MS easily had more games than Sony at E3 there is no arguing or denying that. Why people can't just accept it is beyond me. I may prefer Sony but I know as far as PS4 games go compared to Xbox One MS stole the show. And rightfully so Sony had to focus on other things so chill people this article and thread are both correct.

Now the only thing to do is wait and see what else these two BIG GUNS have up their sleeves before the releases of their respective systems. Which I am sure BOTH have a LOT more to show!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TitanFall is very very likely a timed exclusive. So your biggest reason for why Xbox games win at E3, just flopped.....hard.

Also if Xbox got the most awards/nominees, I bet it's because of TitanFall....so thread//

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Dafuq is going on here.

Michael-5 said:

TitanFall is very very likely a timed exclusive. So your biggest reason for why Xbox games win at E3, just flopped.....hard.

Also if Xbox got the most awards/nominees, I bet it's because of TitanFall....so thread//

What difference does this make if you have a PS4 and can't play soon as it comes out?