By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

WHO WON??

Sony's PS3 419 34.57%

Microsoft's Xbox 360 102 8.42%

Nintendo's Wii 691 57.01%

Total:1,212

wii obviously. sold most and had by far the best financials.

ps3 pretty much lost this gen in my opinion. from a market dominating system to one which only sold as much as the other consoles and which is probably still few billion in the red.

microsoft is maybe disappointed in the financials because of the money they destroyed with the rrod even when the 360 should be overall nicely in the black now. but i think they are at least happy about the amount of sold consoles which put them in a better position for the future.

Around the Network

stupid question. Wii ofcourse.

RolStoppable said:
The PS3.

It has by far the most fans who fight to redefine what winning means.

lol To be fair the only Sony fan who claim Sony won in this thread is Turkish.

Wii by a land slide. Most console sold, most profit made and made M$/$ony copy their motion control gimmick.

Wii hands down.

It's like denying they used Ellen Pages' looks for Beyond:two souls if you can't admit this.

RolStoppable said:
The PS3.

It has by far the most fans who fight to redefine what winning means.

LOL

Anyways overall, no one can deny Nintendo. Not just the Wii, but the DS. As great as MS's rebound from last gen to this was, Nintendo's was even better with the Wii. And then you have the DS, yikes. Not even a contest.

Most consoles sold? Nintendo.
Biggest rebound? Nintendo.
Most monies made? Nintendo.

Now you can go a little deeper and speculate for all 3 how they actually "won". I already detailed Nintendo above.

Sony for launching at $600, having a terrible lineup for awhile, and a terrible online service and still selling 70+ million. PSP did well too, at least hardware wise. This is a very hard sell though because Sony lost billions this gen.

MS for rebounding nicely from last gen, gaining an advantage in the US (the biggest market), and making Live the de facto standard destination for online play. They also made a good chunk of money compared to the billions they lost last gen.

But yeah.. logically, Nintendo is the only answer. As gamers we won because all 3 systems were great.

Around the Network

Nintendo did. Sales is what determines who won. No matter how you want to spin that, the Wii and the DS moved huge numbers, and owned a big piece of market share.

I'm surprised how many votes Sony received and how little Microsoft received.

Nintendo clearly won.

BasilZero said:

The Nintendo Wii for sales.

The Sony PS3 for comeback after a heavy loss in the beginning.

The Microsoft Xbox360 for being the ultimate underdog who came to the top over the past king.

But we all know it was Tablets, Smartphones and PC that dominated the gaming front!

Pretty much what this post says except the tablets, smartphones part, for the simple fact gamers would never chose a smartphone or tablet over a proper gaming console like PS360 or wii

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Impossible to answer because the gen isn't over yet.

The partial winner is Wii due to total sales, but it's quite a hollow victory. Abandoned console, no games, no momentum whatsoever.

The PS3 'feels' more of a winner at the moment, really, and has the momentum towards next gen.

Nintendo won easily with the wii. It also served a dual purpose of breaking video games into mainstream culture.

Microsoft increased their market share with the 360, so that was a plus for them

Sony stumbled and lost their stranglehold on the market, but have made a good comeback.

I also disagree with almost all of your "history" for each console. 360 only had halo, gears and forza for a long time? Weak launch line up? PS3's only problem was cost? PS3 didn't break ever? FPS' are hard to play on wii because there is no controller? All of this is not true.