By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Audrey Drake leaves IGN

http://www.ign.com/blogs/aminka/2013/06/19/aminka-says-goodbye/

I know these news are kinda old... still... pretty sad. I really liked her articles and reviews and she was overall a very cheerful editor.

IGN has no longer a Nintendo Team.

Around the Network

I really wonder why all the Nintendo writers for the site left.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Was not a fan of her at all to be honest, felt her reviews had a lot of bias in them, especially when she would criticize games on other systems for mechanics that she would praise on nintendo's systems.

I thought IGN hadn't had a dedicated Nintendo team for a while now? The Nintendo subsections brought in a downright pitiful amount of the site's total traffic at one point (something on the order of 2-3%), so it would make sense...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

KungKras said:

Well, in her case, she got a really awesome job. (Localization in the Nintendo Treehouse)

Around the Network

Started from the bottom, now she quit.

"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire

Platinumed Destiny, Vanquish, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Catherine, and Metal Gear Rising. Get on my level!!

Get your Portable ID!                                                                                     

morenoingrato said:
KungKras said:

Well, in her case, she got a really awesome job. (Localization in the Nintendo Treehouse)

Wow, that's awesome! Good for her.

I always found her not quite grounded enough as a reviewer, but she seemed nice.

Is any one else baffled by her name when they first saw it? I mean Audrey Drake. Audrey + Nathan Drake when married xD Anyways, she is joining a division of the real Nintendo anyways.

edit:lol was mixing up audrey, elena mocap from haven

Icy-Zone said:
Started from the bottom, now she quit.

LOL, that was pretty funny man

Is Rich George still there? He'll pretty much be the entire Nintendo team now, with Lucas Thomas pitching in when he's not reviewing iPhone games.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero