By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - X360 after 2007...

I was thinking..... 'thinks...'                And poooof! I had a great idea about a new forum topic so here it goes:

Some of you guys are saying: 'If Nintendo releases ALL OF THEIR BIG GUNS this year, then there will be nothing left for 08-09-10...' Not really, maybe a bit ut they still have a new Zelda, Mario kart, Kid Icarus, New IP's!, Pikmin!!!... But hey, thats not the point of this threat... But then i thought... What about Microsoft and their bulky X360... Halo 3, GTA IV, Too Human, Mass Effect, Bioshock... Ahh some nice 07 titles there, aren't they?! But has there been any REAL announcement regarding some Killer aps for 08 09?! Then i started thinking... Well, They're saying Too Human trilogie will end up on X360 totally... But then it becomes awfully quite... Another Splinter cell?!... Tom clancy's Endwar probably... What else?! Has Microsoft built some games for us for 08?! Halo Wars?!

Hmmm... Seems like X360 And Wii have to take a BIG lead over PS3 in this year... Cause now it's awfully quite... But i have this bad, BAD feeling (And im a Nintendo fanboy... So this is something for the Sony fans...) that PS3 is gonna kick some ass in 08... With a price drop to 500$ or maybe even 400-450$... And MGS4, Killzone 2 and FF XIII... A bad, BAD feeling indeed...!

Option 1: Wii and X360 have a Too BIG LEAD... And development interest shifts (FF XIII on Wii?! Oouwf that would be nice ~Dreamin~)...

Option 2: PS3 gets their sales equal to the other 2 and the battle is all open (Hate to say this but i think Wii will be the loser then... ~Aargh, i hate it when i have to say something i don't really like~)...

Lets pray they (Microsoft and Nintendo) get that damned line-up for the future right... (Nintendo, pls delay one of the big three, get Mario kart out there and bring new IP's and long resting IP's like Kid Icarus back...) (Microsoft, pls bring out Halo Wars...)

But what has Microsoft on their sleeves im askin you...

What games can they bring out?!

What kind of Big games are there coming from other devs in the future (talkin about REAL BIG NAMES, like RESI: 5)?!

And What about the Wii... Will it fade out in 08-09 ~NOOOOO~ Or will it be the new PS2...?! ~Plz... Let it be that way...~

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

I don't think 360 has the lead many fans think it does...it could very well slow down too much next year...but hopefully not.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

im curious to see how the 360 does in the month of april... many 360 fanboys and fans said march was a low month because the elite was coming... im not sure if i buy that though

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Good thread. I was actually wondering this same thing. I've been predicting that after the Halo buzz, MS could start fading away without another huge title. I definitely know a lot of people who bought a 360 pretty much just for Halo.

But yeah the only big 360 titles that i can think of for '08 would be Halo Wars, Splinter Cell, Too Human, Endwar, PGR, and Alan Wake. Out of those I feel like the only really big title seems to be Alan Wake and perhaps Too Human, although I generally don't hold out much hope for games that have been in development forever (example: Perfect Dark Zero). There could be a new Dead Rising, but considering its a Capcom game, it'll probably be multiplatform.

Can any 360 gamers chime in? It is still pretty early to be speculating about '08, though.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

I believe that Microsoft's gaming strategy, now that they have a decent user base is to find games that have been typically PS exclusives and convince them to go multi platform. Being that that PS3 games have a break even point at 500,000 games(due to development costs)and a killer app would require a much higher cost; game developers are wondering why they would want to remain exclusive. If PS3 cannot get a good foothold in the NA market and the 360 continues to get throttled in Japan. It would be in the best interest of the gamers and the developers to see more multi platform games.

Around the Network

early launch might mean earlier then expected death for the 360. And we all know a price cut will happen, Ps3 is coming with its big guns blazing online up and running releases of 2 Final Fantasy games Gran Turismo5 MGS4 and possibly God of War 3 in 08, nothing can stand up to this. they took crap from everyone in late 06 and 07, but like many know Payback is a bitch. Ms needs another huge hit like Halo (doubt it will happen), Wii will be do fine on price alone. Sonys counter offensive in 08 will kill MS not Nintendo.

potential 08 lineup that would keep systems selling (other than a price drop)

Gears of War 2 (probably not 2008)

dead rising 2 (capcom)

fable 2 (lionhead)

star wars: force unleashed

turok

pgr 4 (bizarre/MGS)

marvel universe (MGS)

Cry on (mistwalker)

banjo-kazooie 3 (rare)

halo wars (like you said)

halo project (wingnut studios, the peter jackson project)

infinite undiscovery (Tri-Ace/MGS)

Ninja Gaiden 2 (team ninja)

Ace combat 6

Alan Wake (might come out this year.. nothings comfirmed)

Elveon (pretty sure this is getting pushed back)

Too Human 2 (part of a trilogy)

Mass Effect 2 (also part of a trilogy)

blue dragon 2

Prey 2

Crimson Skies 2

Warhound

I'd say the list is decent enough, and i'm sure there are a bunch of unannounced titles coming... to think that the 360 will just disappear is absurd... the wii might overtake it WW at some point, but if the price comes down so that they are equally priced the competition will be stiff.

footbag said:
I believe that Microsoft's gaming strategy, now that they have a decent user base is to find games that have been typically PS exclusives and convince them to go multi platform. Being that that PS3 games have a break even point at 500,000 games(due to development costs)and a killer app would require a much higher cost; game developers are wondering why they would want to remain exclusive. If PS3 cannot get a good foothold in the NA market and the 360 continues to get throttled in Japan. It would be in the best interest of the gamers and the developers to see more multi platform games.

The problem with this strategy is that it could convince other companies to go do the opposite and send their 360 exclusives to PS3. Bioshock is one title that has been rumored to be coming to the PS3 for a while. Eternal Sonata/Trusty Bell has had even stronger rumors of the same thing happening; the ESRB has listed a PS3 version of the game. In that case, it becomes a fight between first parties, unique services, and price. I really don't feel like MS has the depth and breadth of IPs like Sony does. MS has the better online service and the better console price, but if you combine both, its more expensive than the PS3 in the long run. Personally, I just don't see the point in buying a 360. Well, Mistwalker and Bungie are a good reason to invest, but if 3rd party exclusives die out, I think it's actually worse for MS than Sony.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

@ eques judicii: Some solid games you're mentioning there... But still, i have this awkward feelin floatin around in my head that X360 is gonna fall after 07... Don't know why but the thought keeps comin back...

THE NETHERLANDS

eques judicii said:

potential 08 lineup that would keep systems selling (other than a price drop)

Gears of War 2 (probably not 2008)

dead rising 2 (capcom)

fable 2 (lionhead)

star wars: force unleashed

turok

pgr 4 (bizarre/MGS)

marvel universe (MGS)

Cry on (mistwalker)

banjo-kazooie 3 (rare)

halo wars (like you said)

halo project (wingnut studios, the peter jackson project)

infinite undiscovery (Tri-Ace/MGS)

Ninja Gaiden 2 (team ninja)

Ace combat 6

Alan Wake (might come out this year.. nothings comfirmed)

Elveon (pretty sure this is getting pushed back)

Too Human 2 (part of a trilogy)

Mass Effect 2 (also part of a trilogy)

blue dragon 2

Prey 2

Crimson Skies 2

Warhound

I'd say the list is decent enough, and i'm sure there are a bunch of unannounced titles coming... to think that the 360 will just disappear is absurd... the wii might overtake it WW at some point, but if the price comes down so that they are equally priced the competition will be stiff.

Thanks for the list. No way the 360 is gonna disappear completely, but I think its gonna have an extremely tough battle to fight next year. Back to the list.... I totally forgot about Fable; that should be huge. A couple up there aren't exclusives: Turok and Star Wars. A couple are likely to be released on the PS3: Dead Rising and Ninja Gaiden (if Sigma sells well this summer on PS3). Some more probably won't come out in '08 so soon after the initial games came out: Too Human 2, Mass Effect 2, Blue Dragon 2. Finally, while I heard Crimson Skies was a great game, I also heard it didn't exactly fly off shelves the first time around. I dunno, I'm still not very convinced by the lineup, but again, it's really early to be speculating.

My Top 5: