By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - X360 after 2007...

There's no way Mass Effect 2 is coming in 08, PGR4 is coming out this year, Gears is a maybe...

Also, Ace Combat, star wars unleashed and turok are coming on PS3 too.

Maybe Prey 2 comes out on PS3 also, but I have no idea about that.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

I think that some of the biggest games of 08 on all consoles will be games we've heard next to nothing about so far.  Let's just wait till E3 when a lot of big games get announced or fully revealed.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
I think that some of the biggest games of 08 on all consoles will be games we've heard next to nothing about so far. Let's just wait till E3 when a lot of big games get announced or fully revealed.

That's true, but it won't be E3 where we find out cause it's not the same anymore and not too many big things are gonna be announced in E3 anymore, it's gonna ba trickle of announcements for new games from now on...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:

That's true, but it won't be E3 where we find out cause it's not the same anymore and not too many big things are gonna be announced in E3 anymore, it's gonna ba trickle of announcements for new games from now on...

E3 may be a lot smaller. But much of that is just because it's become invitation only. There will still be all the big game companies with most of the videogame press there. I realize that there are other venues now for big announcements, but I still think E3 will see some big news.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

With Wii and PS3 out 360 sales have already slowed down tremendously. Noteably a good portion of 360's sales was in Europe. All that will go downhill with Wii and PS3 out. I think both will have passed 360's sales in Europe. Japan well it's already happened. 360 will not get to 1 million though. I would actually be surprised if 360 gets more than 600k. With Wii and PS3, but mainly Wii, out who the fuck in Japan is going to buy a 360. And if they do why haha. What drugs are thye on. It's jsut the upfront truth. As for America I think sales will stay pretty steady. But those steady sales have only been average and comparable to that of the 1st Xbox. So basically at the end of this generation MS will probably ahve sold anywhere from 15-20 million units in NA. 5-8 million units in Europe. And 1 million units in the rest of the world with about 500k of that being Japan. That is definetly not a winning combo but it's the sad truth for many fans. X360 has made no impression whatsoever in Japan. I'm sure there are dolls saling better than the 360 there. As for Europe we have to get to the honest truth. The 360 failed in France, fails in Germany, fails in everywhere else in Europe. I mean it's put up some ok sales but not a winning combo. The only place with decent sales is the UK. Europe will not be a strong front for 360 at all. Taht only leaves us America which is a very very open market. All 3 consoles could sale 20 million. But the battle this generation is going to be won in Japan and Europe. And really if PS3 and Wii are close in Europe, which is very possible, the battle will go down in Japan. And if that's the case then our winner will be Wii. But it's the cold hard truth for the 360 and it's fans taht there is not much of a chance for it to win or even come in second. With it's unability to be mass market and worldly is going to destroy it's chances.

Around the Network
ckmlb said:

There's no way Mass Effect 2 is coming in 08, PGR4 is coming out this year, Gears is a maybe...

Also, Ace Combat, star wars unleashed and turok are coming on PS3 too.

Maybe Prey 2 comes out on PS3 also, but I have no idea about that.

Ace Combat is a timed exclusive for the 360.. So if you own a PS3, you'll have to wait a couple months after the 360 users

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Blue3 said:
staticneuron said:
mmmmm, yes. I am actually eager for too human. What is interesting about the 360 and the PS3 is if you look at future exclusives they seem to go toe to toe.

Competative sure but toe to toe not really, PS3 has the proven champs 360 has a up and comers. (hehe boxing)

i have a hard time matching anything even with giants like MGS4 Gran Turismo5 Final Fantasy 13 and Versus and possibly God of War 3, all on one side.

Forza 2 is coming out this month - GT5

FF could possibly come to the 360

MGS - Splinter Cell?

God of War - Too Human

staticneuron said:
jman8 said:
Legend11 said:
Considering many of the third party million sellers (read that as almost all of them) for this generation so far have been on the 360 it's mind boggling to assume the system would have trouble keeping or even gaining support. Please explain why the PS3 which to my knowlege has NO third party games that have sold in even remotely similar numbers to the 360 would now be a threat? Why would developers just ship from a console that is doing very well for them to one that is shaky at best and hasn't proven it can move software in the numbers required to develop for the system and be profitable?

No one claimed that third parties were going to give up on the 360 all of a sudden, bro. We've just been saying that just about all third party games are gonna go multiplatform eventually.

jmans got it right. THe 360 has sold what... about 9 milion? With 178 titles out there and 8 third party titles to hit the million mark that is not much to brag about really. I am pretty sure most of theose devs wouldn't mind maximizing their profits to hit multiple systems. The 41 titles out for the PS3 has most likely already been out on the 360 or just was released simultaniously. I doub't any company was really expecting record sales of their titles. lol with the exception of namco. Out of those 8 million sellers on the 360 you bet your bottom dollar that if the PS3 was released at the same time as the 360, 7 of those titles would be multiplatform and it would have been a really interesting match. I am pretty sure that quite a few of those sales were because there was really no competition for the 360 when it was released.

Yeah.. funny how developers want to maximize their profits.. makes you wonder how many ps3 exclusives will stay exclusives... i mean if 9 million is nothing to brag about then what's that compared to 3 million consoles sold?

Legend11 said:
Both Mass Effect and Too Human are both being published by Microsoft Game Studios so I'd be really surprised if either game graced another console. Has any game published by Microsoft Game Studios *ever* appeared on a rival's console? Add to that the really close ties Silicon Knights and Microsoft now have (due to Ken Lobb who used to work for Silicon Knights and now is one of the top people at Microsoft Game Studios) and the fact that Bioware has stated that the Mass Effect triliogy "cover the Xbox 360's five-plus year cycle" leads me to believe that some kind of exclusivity deal covering the trilogy has been made. Also Bioware's other rpgs they made for Microsoft in the past have never been ported so unless something has changed it doesn't seem likely it'll start happening now.

Interesting information on Silicon Knights.  Thanks.

As for the publisher, it really doesn't matter who publishes unless they also co-develop.  Bioware could easily choose a different publisher for Mass Effect.  Japanese developers use different publishers for ports all the time.

jman8 said:
Legend11 said:
Considering many of the third party million sellers (read that as almost all of them) for this generation so far have been on the 360 it's mind boggling to assume the system would have trouble keeping or even gaining support.  Please explain why the PS3 which to my knowlege has NO third party games that have sold in even remotely similar numbers to the 360 would now be a threat?  Why would developers just ship from a console that is doing very well for them to one that is shaky at best and hasn't proven it can move software in the numbers required to develop for the system and be profitable?

No one claimed that third parties were going to give up on the 360 all of a sudden, bro. We've just been saying that just about all third party games are gonna go multiplatform eventually.

If you truly believe this (highlighted in yellow) then you have to admit that there's a good chance that FF will come to the 360....