By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How do you become a mod on this site?

I think I should ask a mod or ioi

Around the Network
highwaystar101 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
There's two types of mods: the ones that patrol the boards and the ones that handle the database and news posts (y-koron).

SSJ12 is an anomaly. I think he blackmailed ioi.

Ok, that makes sense, do you know how people got to that position then?

Very carefully.

highwaystar101 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
There's two types of mods: the ones that patrol the boards and the ones that handle the database and news posts (y-koron).

SSJ12 is an anomaly. I think he blackmailed ioi.

Ok, that makes sense, do you know how people got to that position then?

Usuaully people's names will suddenly turn red followed by a thread from ioi along the lines of, "I've selected some new mods. Deal with it, bitches." 

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I think that I would be interested in being one if ioi thinks I meet the criteria

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Write interesting articles on how the console market is changing. Do an analysis on console sales last year compared to the previous. Go to a gaming conference and interview developers in the name of vgchartz and post about it...

Basically contribute something to the website other then the regular fanboyish stuff we usually write about.

Previous round of mod announcements where chosen based on their views towards consoles. The point was to have a fair representation of each console ex. SSJ12 i- PC mod, Roadkiller - PS3 mod, Rocketpig - 360 mod

Last round of mods where chosen by other mods (looks like since SSJ12 comment that he had given ioi's the nomination to both mods announced).

Who knows for the next round...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network
ItsaMii said:
DSLover said:
I imagine its a combination of knowing the rules and understanding how the sites work Also I imagine that if you were ever banned that ends any chance of becoming a mod. Responsibility comes into it as well I would assmue.

False. ioi banned all the mods once.

and Ben banned himself 

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

ioi asked for emails for those who wanted to be mods a long time ago. He picked those he felt would do a good job.

We've had a few votes and ioi has allowed quite a few voted people to be mods as well. Everyone always wanted bodsetheva(can't spell that at all) to be a mod, so now he is.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

if i remember correctly you can't be a mod if you've been banned before

@ Gebx: Do we know when the next round of mods will be picked? Also, do you have to do the things you mentioned to become a 'full' mod (as in posting news and stuff) or is that just for a forum moderator (who can warn/ban)?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Wear kneepads.